2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

It’s hard for me to make a definitive judgement on it without seeing him more, but I thought he got left behind on a couple of occasions today.

But if you’ve watched him more, then fine and I hope so. Lacking pace isn’t a career killer though if you’re good enough in other ways, which Mainoo seems to be,
Think its more about anticipating danger and making sure he gets to full speed. He's quite quick breaking forward with the ball himself and going on a run

BuzzKillington

Think its more about anticipating danger and making sure he gets to full speed. He's quite quick breaking forward with the ball himself and going on a run
I think positioning would help too. Although it might be quite a conservative midfield, I’d like to see Mainoo next to Case for the rest of the season. Case’s positioning is genuinely very good and Mainoo could learn a lot from him in 6 months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I love him, but I also fear we might ruin him with our lack of play on the ball. I'd like to see us move to a more possession oriented style. I am absolutely sure he'd thrive. He has it!
He’s a kid. Any playing time with us will only give him a chance to grow.

Yagami

Good post resistant

But yeah, Mainoo was quality, and the experience of scrapping for a point at Anfield has to do him some good.

If you didn't know which of our three alleged midfielders was the seasoned pro, you'd probably think it was Kobbie.
I'll be banging this drum until we sort it out, brother. Look at the difference just one makes, and this one is literally playing his first few senior level games ever. Now imagine the difference a few more who are closer to their primes would make. We may actually start looking like a football team! One that could potentially keep the ball for more than 30 seconds in matches like this.

Litch

18 years old.....his quality on the ball is levels above any of our players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s class. Breakthrough season. He’s one reason I hope the manager survives because it feels like he believes in him and will give him enough chances to develop. We really really need to shore up the midfield and it’s no coincidence we look a lot more solid when Mainoo plays. His use of the ball in tight spaces is the antidote to players like McT

massey

Kobie seedorf was Our best midfielder today at 18 he's got some future this lad the through ball and his calmness on the ball was something else,even after the booking he looked comfortable and did nothing rash also loved that bit of skill he did to draw a foul in a tight situation.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
The one in midfield who showed the most composure and balls when he had the ball at his feet. So mature in his understanding of football for one so young.

binary bot
Should be on the pitch every time he’s available outside of injury/rest. No reason to be behind anyone in our midfield

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His three PL starts have been Everton (A) after point deduction; Newcastle (A); and Liverpool (A). Blimey.

criticalanalysis

Physically underdeveloped to the rest and it doesn't help with his slightly relaxed reading of the game but another 'good' game from him.

Didn't have much chance to get on the ball but his maturity and composure even in small incidents shone through.

Nep77

Closest thing Ten Hag can have to De Jong, its imperative we find a right midfield partner for him. Still baffled he was benched for the home game against Bournemouth.

Dolf

Reminds me of Frenkie de Jong in some ways. Still think we need to find a different role for Bruno in order to get a more balanced midfield. Casemiro, Mainoo, Bruno definitely has potential though.

Oranges038

Excellent performance.

Was gassed and had to come off, but he played with great discipline after his yellow. He could be one hell of a player for years to come.

Roboc7

Moments of real quality, shame he’s isn’t be integrated into a team where there is any quality around him in midfield but did well in the circumstances.

Unam333

Really exciting player for sure. He sometimes looks a bit too relaxed.
When the ball was in Liverpool's penalty box and Kobbie was near the top left corner walking and waiting, I was shouting at the tele to drop deep and try and help his teammates.

He does look slow. One instance he was outrun by a Liverpool player who had the ball.

abailey123

This lad paired with one other with Bruno back in the 10 is the way to go. He’s class, 18 years old and his first 3 senior starts away at goodison, away at Newcastle and away at Anfield and he doesn’t look out of place.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
What did he actually do to get you all excited? He was as bad as the rest in midfield.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What did he actually do to get you all excited? He was as bad as the rest in midfield.
He never really lost the ball. Whereas Amrabat did, a lot. And so did McTominay, a lot. And he played garnacho through on goal.

This is making me wonder if you watched the game.

Castia

Great potential

If Im being critical he looks a tad slow at tracking back

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
You're so desperate for him to be shit it's embarrassing.
Nonsense, putting words in my mouth.

I think it's stupid to overhype young players as it often get's to their heads or ends up in disappointment when most of them don't develop the way the fans fantasize.

Bobski

Yes, he is being praised for small flashes, but he is a kid away at Anfield and acquitted himself well, and those flashes hint at the level of technical ability we have been missing in midfield for too long.

Lord Zlatan

Have you watched our midfield this season? Ambrabat and Mainoo brought a lot of stability to the midfield. Mainoo stays when Casemiro comes in. Mct loses out to Bruno. So an 18 yr old is forcing his way into uniteds midfield ahead of a guy that was a star at the world cup 12 months ago.

Robertd0803

Hes did really well today, thats 2 awful stadiums to play in at Goodison and Anfield (didnt see the Newcastle game) and hes taken to it like a duck to water.

Rockets Redglare

When he got on the ball he controlled it, slowed the play and picked out some great passes.
No one is claiming that he is at the level of prime Scholes or Keane, but for an 18 year old to be our best midfielder and to show the composure he did in such a big game compared to those around him is something to be excited about.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's not just that, to me and many others, his composure under pressure stands out like a sore thumb, but it's as @DWelbz19 pointed out above:
His three PL starts have been Everton (A) after point deduction; Newcastle (A); and Liverpool (A). Blimey.
@AltiUn said it best in that it's been a baptism of fire. Not only has his first three premier league games been away to big teams in hostile environments, he's been thrown in to a bit of a mess of a team on top, and has still managed to look as composed as he has done.

Gordon S

Makes me angry that this kid has to be the big man in midfield and try to play with some composure, when the rest of the senior players struggle hard with the simplest of things.
What worries me is this, it looks like he could grow into a starting player for any of the top teams in the world. Are we capable of keeping him?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Seeing us line up with Casemiro, him and Bruno in midfield, might actually give me hope of a decent performance. This kid, and he is a kid, oozes class. We as fans have an obligation to be patient with him. He’s coming into a difficult situation, in probably the hardest position to play, and he’s already being lined up as a saviour. He’s going to have some ups and downs, but if we manage him right, he will have a big future here. He’s not the answer - no one player is the answer - but he can become an important piece of the jigsaw. He has all the qualities we lack, and playing next to Casemiro, Fernandes and Eriksen, will help and teach him so much.

What an exciting prospect.

lost7

Very raw, but his talent is definitely shining through. Good vision and brave on the ball.

Still needs to grow massively before we can even debate whether he's United quality or not, though