2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Betson

Hard to believe at times he is only 18 , the best midfielder in the squad and has made himself an automatic starter. Technical ability is top drawer.

NickJ

If we could bring in 2 proper midfielders with pace and power wouldn’t mind seeing him given a chance in Bruno’s position. He is so good around the edge of the opponents box with his quick feet and showed against wolves he can finish unlike Bruno at the moment.

RedRocket08

His close control is just sublime, looked like a player that has been playing the game at PL level for years today. Best midfielder on the pitch today for me.

Rolaholic

The lad is quality, probably the best player on the pitch out there today.

His composure on the ball continues to amaze me. He's the youngest player yet always looks the most comfortable and least fearful in possession.

mav_9me

As good as any young CM in the world. Good enough to start for any team. Thank God we at least have one CM. Imagine if we had another decent midfielder....

El Jefe

He’s like a sensible version of Pogba without the laziness. Some of the things he did on the ball in midfield today was a level of quality very few CMs have ever shown for us.

I’ve been saying we should be cautious in giving him praise but I’m starting to think feck that.

My only worry is due to ETH fighting for his chance to be part of the new structure, he will overplay Mainoo with no regard for long term impact.

Ekeke

I don't think it's his top speed that's an issue it's the acceleration, he can look a bit flat footed at times over those first 5 yards but they say the first few yards are in your head so as he gains experience and a bit more physical maturity hopefully it'll be enough to cover that weakness and it won't really be an issue, he's a joy to watch on the ball and it's going to be fun watching him grow.
I think its just the fact that he's calm and composed so you rarely see him needing to go full pelt for pace. He's also constantly looking around and positioning himself so most of the time he doesn't need to run huge distances and we have a bunch of players who are at their best when we quickly break. We're also incredibly vulnerable if the move breaks down and now Hojlund, Bruno, Rashford, Garnacho, possibly the fullbacks who also get involved and if McTom is on the pitch he too will bomb on and Casemiro liked to get forward and get a goal last season too. So if we lose the ball we need some players to be positionally responsible and keep things organized and he has the ability to do that and not get carried away leaving our defending players short of cover.

His best moments are when he's under pressure and he dances out with the ball and he he has displayed times where he then accelerates away quite quickly. Thats why I think he's quick because its not just the fancy feet but moving the ball away from the evaded opponents.

I think he's comfortably as quick if not quicker than our other CMs, but not as quick as say Fred who was one of the quicker midfielders

united for life

His close control is just sublime, looked like a player that has been playing the game at PL level for years today. Best midfielder on the pitch today for me.
a breath of fresh air really. A real joy to watch. He has very good ball control. Calm on the ball, keeps his head up when in possession and knows where players are around him. Hope he develops well in this CM role. He’ll be key for us for years

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

His composure on the ball continues to amaze me. He's the youngest player yet always looks the most comfortable and least fearful in possession.
Even Southgate will see the quality in a performance like that.

Andersons Dietician

Is it me or has he inherited Juan Mata’s caravan? I just can’t make up my mind if he is slow or not. He’s incredible and given he was playing with Casemiro and Bruno you’d be forgiven for wondering which ones are the experienced players and which one is the 18 year old.

Just the confidence and ability on the ball at times is crazy. Just looks so assured. Only wish is that he’d maybe show a bit more intensity in trying to get back in to defensive positions. This however seems like an issue for the whole of our midfield. Always seem slow to get back.

Hard done by getting that yellow, was a brilliant tackle.

Faetheshire86

Put Bruno to shame today. So impressed with his ability to keep the ball.
There were moments in the game where I was wondering what it would look like if Mainoo was playing #10. Quick feet, composure and ball retention... I think we could have scored 5 or 6.

If we had 3 of him, he would be playing #6, #8 and #10

BarryWinks

Seen a few mentions of 'don't blame him if he wants to leave?' Does he want to? Am I missing something?
It's the CAF. People don't need a reason to invent stuff in their heads, especially if it is unfavorable to united.

mav_9me

There were moments in the game where I was wondering what it would look like if Mainoo was playing #10. Quick feet, composure and ball retention... I think we could have scored 5 or 6.

If we had 3 of him, he would be playing #6, #8 and #10
It wouldn't work cuz we wouldn't be able to progress the ball to him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's the CAF. People don't need a reason to invent stuff in their heads, especially if it is unfavorable to united.
Ain't that the truth.

Player has a bad game: "League One player. I always said he was shit." Player has a good game: "We should probably just bend over and let Real Madrid have him".

RedRocket08

a breath of fresh air really. A real joy to watch. He has very good ball control. Calm on the ball, keeps his head up when in possession and knows where players are around him. Hope he develops well in this CM role. He’ll be key for us for years
Ice cold head on his shoulders tbf, but just lovely to watch at the same time. A few moments today where a few Luton players were left wondering if he just passed right through them.

The Purley King

A rolls Royce of a player.
Easily our best midfielder and hard to think of anyone in the world better than him at his age.

Dannn411

Three Mainoo clones and we are set in midfield for the next 15 years. One of those clones is Caqueret at Lyon. We need to get him this summer and get rid of Casemiro.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This guy is insane. The real deal! We’re so blessed ETH gave him a chance.

kaku06

He reminds me of Xavi that’s the biggest compliment I can give him. And Xavi was the best midfielder I have ever seen when it comes to composure and controlling the match.

kaku06

Players like him are so so rare these days. I always wanted us to sign someone like him the way he plays but couldn’t think of one and now we have one from our own academy.