2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Zlatans Knee

I'd swap him and Rice, and have him as the deepest midfielder.
If they are swapped Rice would consistently lose the ball in tight spaces. They are where they are because Kobbie is able to receive the ball in tight spaces and do something with it, exactly as he did leading up to the penalty.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Honestly they just need a better RB instead of Gomez that can provide real width outside. Right now they are trying to build with almost 4 players behind the ball and it makes it difficult for Mainoo/Rice to do anything other than ping it sideways.
Same on the other side with Chilwell although not as pronounced, Chilwell can progress the ball, but then inevitably loses it so they are still reluctant to go that way. Put Walker and Shaw in the full back positions and we look miles stronger.

Dannn411

I think the England players are reluctant to pass to him when he's in tight spaces or marked. First goal proved that shouldn't be an issue.
But they still aren't giving him the ball enough. Happens at United sometimes too.

Bobski

But they still aren't giving him the ball enough. Happens at United sometimes too.
It is also in part an issue with fitness, he doesn't quite have the stamina yet to constantly make the little darts to get the ball.

laughtersassassin

Obviously for us he is very good but feck me he looks absolutely unbelievable when he is in a a near perfect midfield trio.

Lots of players would look a level below next to Bellingham but Mainoo fits right in beside him.

Litch

Obviously for us he is very good but feck me he looks absolutely unbelievable when he is in a a near perfect midfield trio.

Lots of players would look a level below next to Bellingham but Mainoo fits right in beside him.
Its a sexy midfield....

Bobski

Starting to flag a bit now, too.
It is why I think he could take serious strides going into next season. Dealt with injuries at the start of this, doesn't quite have the base fitness yet to be a 90 min player at full intensity yet, but he will give you moments of delicious quality. Get him super fit and his potential is wild.

Paul778

Much as I'd love him to get a goal or assist, I'd also like him to have some energy at the weekend.

Sub in the next 5 mins please.

Based Adnan

Not sure if it's just me but feels like Bellinghams been hesitant to pass to him on a few occasions

Zoo

Done really well. I think Rob Green wants his autograph

adamwest

He’ll be on the plane after his cameo against Brazil and the performance tonight.

Dannn411

Fantastic performance honestly. Looked like he'd been playing for England for years. We just need two more like him in our midfield and we are set for the next 15 years.

Pickle85

Brilliant today. Always looks forward and his passing between the lines is snappy, accurate and incisive. He also always looks calm and keeps the ball so well.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It is why I think he could take serious strides going into next season. Dealt with injuries at the start of this, doesn't quite have the base fitness yet to be a 90 min player at full intensity yet, but he will give you moments of delicious quality. Get him super fit and his potential is wild.
There's a problem with both managers in that you can see they want him in the #8, and for good reason, but his tank can't do a full game at adult intensity yet - a few of those box-to-box runs and he's gasping for air whilst visibly slowing at least until he gets a full breather.

Still feel that for now you want him deeper with his foot on the ball making the ball do more work than he does, but I guess another way of looking at it for now is trying to get the game done and dusted inside his timeframe before subbing him out around 65-70 for someone else to see out the game.

Definitely a gear or two to go just by him being adult fit instead of the current kid fit that he is.

Dannn411

There's a problem with both managers in that you can see they want him in the #8, and for good reason, but his tank can't do a full game at adult intensity yet - a few of those box-to-box runs and he's gasping for air whilst visibly slowing at least until he gets a full breather.

Still feel that for now you want him deeper with his foot on the ball making the ball do more work than he does, but I guess another way of looking at it for now is trying to get the game done and dusted inside his timeframe before subbing him out around 65-70 for someone else to see out the game.

Definitely a gear or two to go just by him being adult fit instead of the current kid fit that he is.
Yeah I think the fitness issue is a function of what his coaches are asking him to do. If he sat at the base of midfield he could last 90 mins easy. But i'm happy he's having this experience playing as an 8 because it shows him the fitness levels he needs to get to to play full 90s at high intensity.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Surely Mainoo starts for England now? Even Southgate can't be that dim?

Roboc7

Our midfield is a bit of a shit show so it was good to see him in a better one, very encouraging performance. In a way I was hoping he wouldn’t go to the Euros but he will be in the equation now after that showing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah I think the fitness issue is a function of what his coaches are asking him to do. If he sat at the base of midfield he could last 90 mins easy. But i'm happy he's having this experience playing as an 8 because it shows him the fitness levels he needs to get to to play full 90s at high intensity.
True that!