Konrad Laimer

Rolaholic

Good, hopefully them getting him precludes them from going after de jong.
They've already signed Gravenberch and are looking to finalize Laimer, don't think they'll be in for De Jong this summer unless they lose another midfielder or forward on top of Lewandowski.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They've already signed Gravenberch and are looking to finalize Laimer, don't think they'll be in for De Jong this summer unless they lose another midfielder or forward on top of Lewandowski.
I hope you're right because we can't compete with any half decent team in the market with our current state.
Aren't there rumors of gnbary leaving?

Last edited:

Blood Mage

He'd be great next to De Jong in a pivot, surprised we're not linked with him.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
I’m surprised Liverpool weren’t in for him, looks like a player that would be well-suited to their style of play. I’m not too sure he’d really suit us all that much, he needs to play with a more expansive passer behind him in my opinion and right now, there aren’t really any #6s out there who are both defensively robust and expansive passers (De Jong is not a proper #6, just to be clear, he’s more like an #8 who likes to drop back into the positions a #6 would normally take up).

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good, hopefully them getting him precludes them from going after de jong.
I like FDJ but he wouldn’t have a starting spot at Bayern. Therefore no serious rumors about Bayern buying him.

NoPace

I’m surprised Liverpool weren’t in for him, looks like a player that would be well-suited to their style of play. I’m not too sure he’d really suit us all that much, he needs to play with a more expansive passer behind him in my opinion and right now, there aren’t really any #6s out there who are both defensively robust and expansive passers (De Jong is not a proper #6, just to be clear, he’s more like an #8 who likes to drop back into the positions a #6 would normally take up).
They need more passing in their midfield, not less.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
They need more passing in their midfield, not less.
Probably, they've never really had a #10 since Coutinho left so if they're looking for more passing, that's where they should look. But I'm not sure they've properly replaced Wijnaldum and I would've thought that Laimer would have been a great fit for the role (Whilst acknowledging that he is probably Bayern-bound).

Infestissumam

Only seen a bit of the recent internationals and comp videos, but looks decent. Only a year of his contract left too, so price wouldn’t be much?

Know much about him?

Anyone else watched/have any views?
he's a typical RB midfielder. Outstanding workrate and an excellent presser, it's amazing how much ground he covers, really. He excels as an 8 who does the dirty work for good passers around him. Rebounded really nicely from effectively losing a full season to injury.

I fully expect him to end up at Bayern, when all is said and done. He's a great fit for what Nagelsmann wants and they obviously know each other well from Leipzig.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
he's a typical RB midfielder. Outstanding workrate and an excellent presser, it's amazing how much ground he covers, really. He excels as an 8 who does the dirty work for good passers around him. Rebounded really nicely from effectively losing a full season to injury.

I fully expect him to end up at Bayern, when all is said and done. He's a great fit for what Nagelsmann wants and they obviously know each other well from Leipzig.
His work rate is what I saw. And directness

Bayern have Sabitzer, Goretzka, Kimmich, just bought Gravenberch.

Do they still need Laimer? Bit greedy iyam.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

As an Austrian I would somehow like the idea of an Austrian player finally joining us. Not sure if Laimer is the right choice though for the rebuild.
Additionally to someone like de Jong who can dictate the play maybe. Like someone here mentioned he is kind of a slightly upgraded Fred, which might not be a bad thing.

Mainoldo

As an Austrian I would somehow like the idea of an Austrian player finally joining us. Not sure if Laimer is the right choice though for the rebuild.
Additionally to someone like de Jong who can dictate the play maybe. Like someone here mentioned he is kind of a slightly upgraded Fred, which might not be a bad thing.
Honest question is he better than Fred. As in would you notice the difference if Fred played for Austria instead of him?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Honest question is he better than Fred. As in would you notice the difference if Fred played for Austria instead of him?
I would argue he makes less errors while having similar strengths. But like I said, he is not a playmaker dictating the game.

Infestissumam

Would take Sabitzer or Lanier. We need competent numbers and options.
Laimer in a heartbeat. Sabitzer, nah ... it's a stage too big for him. He struggled mightily at Bayern last season, despite Nagelsmann knowing him from Leipzig. He'd struggle here too and people would turn on him very quickly.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don’t see Ten Hag signing any midfielder who is not super comfortable posession

croadyman

I don’t see Ten Hag signing any midfielder who is not super comfortable posession
True but he does need someone to provide the legs in there as well otherwise teams will continue to waltz through the midfield.

aeh1991

Leipzig set the price to 25m Euros. Would be a great addition

Mainoldo

Still waiting for everyone who wants him to confirm if he’s actually good? Or we just jumping on the Mark Goldbridge bandwagon.

bosskeano

They just sold Adams to Leeds....would be surprising to see them sell two of their top midfielders for a total of 45m

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They just sold Adams to Leeds....would be surprising to see them sell two of their top midfielders for a total of 45m
I'm pretty sure Laimer is in the last year of contract, so not sure they have much of a choice. They've got a conveyor belt in the RB group anyway.

izec

Thought he was nailed on for Bayern
Yes. Read that Bayern view him as a relatively easy deal to make, so they are not in a rush yet and are looking at other targets and positions. But it is mostly Nagelsmann wanting him, not sure the others at Bayern see him as a priority anyway.

bosskeano

I'm pretty sure Laimer is in the last year of contract, so not sure they have much of a choice. They've got a conveyor belt in the RB group anyway.
ahhh....didn't realize he was in the last year of his contract. Munich seem the likely destination but with them getting Gravenbach, that may have closed the door for him.