Konrad Laimer

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
there’s a lot of bollocks talked about german football. i’ve been to germany many times and talked football with more germans than i care to remember and they tell a very different story. according to them selling a player to bayern munchen for cheap is the highest award that be bestowed upon any german club. the dortmund badge for example has two stars above it to symbolise the transfers of lewa and hummels.
The free transfer of Lewandowski was, in fact, the origin of the "0" in BVB 09 right on the badge.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I agree that Fred has been our best midfielder for a while (not that there's been much competition) and will likely do well under ETH.

Let's not claim he's been anything more than Fine though really. He's got a lot of decent attributes but some areas where he seriously lacks too. I'm sure he'll improve and that's great, but on the other hand there are many midfielders in the world who I'd take ahead of him. I'm sure many would cost quite a bit less than he did too (was it 40-50m or so?).

I'm no expert on Laimer, but you don't have to be to watch some footage and check out his stats. He looks very good at his particular role and I think he'd do well in the PL.

Off to Bayern though it seems?
His defensive stats alone were close to Kante's and definitely among the best in the league for a long while, while very decent on the ball, very quick passer. Not an expansive one but keeps the ball moving very quickly in all areas of the pitch, people forget that, it's not always about switching the play or 60meter pass forward but quick passing forward. In a team where everyone is on the same level you bet the press very well with that kind of passing. Also always playing forward when he can too.

On top of that every bad pass is absolutely exaggerated because people obviously hate him but he's one of the best passers in our team while being always available and taking a lot of balls under pressure and passing between the lines very well and consistently. He's got games which he can write off but Bruno, Ronaldo, Rashford and majority of the team has three times as many each.

A player who is good at pressing and covering like very few in the league, always forcing mistakes, and by that he also created few chances, hell even scoring and asisting goals while given freedom to play further forward as a no8 which definitely suits him better than a no6.

He had some absolute outstanding games, against toughest of opponents, some great and solid games, and some bad, but they were in minority in a really underwhelming system under some below par managers, now even the dumbest fans will realize he's a great player when we start playing some progressive football in a proper system under a manager who knows how to utilize his players.

I can't comment on Laimer, he loks certainly like a player I'd like in the team because outside of fred noone can't defend in our midfield including De Jong and Eriksen, but there were many others which failed the huge expectations based on Youtube.

Bakayoko, Ndombele, Kovacic, Saul, Sari, R. Sanches, Keita, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan to name few who were "much better" than what we had..

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
As we cant attract the top of the top, why not get good quality players rather cheap in positions we need badly. He would be such a player imo

diarm

I really like this guy. He'll be one of those Bayern signings that looks so obvious in a year or two, but everyone is giving them a free run at him this summer.

Mainoldo

I really like this guy. He'll be one of those Bayern signings that looks so obvious in a year or two, but everyone is giving them a free run at him this summer.
The Nanglesmann revolution is coming along nicely… players are really adapting to his RB Leipzig press.

Rolaholic

Your move Murtough and Dick...

25 with a year left on his contract and been quoted at 20-30m

bosskeano

we should definitely bring him in even if we bring in Eriksen and deJong

Crimson King

Would he want to come here? Seemed pretty keen on Bayern, so seems more likely he'll run his contract down and move there for free.

Blood Mage

Depth in midfield is essential and this would be a good signing. We just don't like signing midfielders unless we absolutely have to though.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Somebody should tell Leipzig that it doesn’t make a difference. And I don’t even want Laimer at Bayern.

But pretending that selling Laimer to Bayern would alter Leipzig‘s chances at a title is cute.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I wouldn't expect much movement on Laimer from United.
I couldn't find the Bild report online (it seems to be in the SportBILD magazine only for now), but I did find this:

Source:

Even though it's at a standstill, Laimer has already given his word to Nagelsmann abouteventually joining Bayern. Another club would have a tougher time convincing Laimer if he's already made up his mind.

Strootman's Finger

Would he want to come here? Seemed pretty keen on Bayern, so seems more likely he'll run his contract down and move there for free.
The reports at the end of the season were more that he wanted to leave Germany as opposed to go to Bayern, but since then Bayern has been the strongest link.

Personally high up on my list, I hope we go for him.

aeh1991

Is he really good enough? Or will he be another deadwood in a year or two?
He has been one of the best DM/CMs in Germany for years now. No wonders Bayern want him despite having Kimmich and Goretzka already.

I would consider him a perfect partner for De Jong because of his hardworking attitude. He's a real engine. Would be similar to Ander Herrera or Park in that regard. A similar, but better type to Fred (also bigger) and surely a massive upgrade to McT.

With the uncertainty over Declan Rice (is he Chelsea bound?) I think it would be wise to go for a DM this summer if available (although I would have preferred Kamara for free).

I don't think Martinez will play DM, so I would go for him.

BerryBerryShrew

I'm not sure if he's better than Fred (who is scandalously underrated on here) but there's no doubt that he's infinitely better than McTominay. We should bin him off to the likes of West Ham or Everton for £20m and then use those funds on Laimer to strengthen the squad.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think he doesn't have much left on his deal, he can play it out a season and go to Bayern on a free, as is tradition in the Bundesliga.