Kouadio Koné

Mainoldo

Camavinga is playing full back for Madrid due to injuries and he played sparring minutes in the World Cup for the same reason. He was supposed to be the main back CM but due to Lucas injury and then Théo's own knee injury Camavinga was put on ice in case of emergency.
Yeah sure! What a lame excuse. I was going to use you but if I get another injury I‘n going to need you to play.

Okay gaffer. So I can’t play because you’re going to need me to play if others can’t play. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah sure! What a lame excuse. I was going to use you but if I get another injury I‘n going to need you to play.

Okay gaffer. So I can’t play because you’re going to need me to play if others can’t play. :lol:
That's literally what happen. He is used as fullback since Mendy's injury. And he was supposed to be the main backup in midfield for France until injuries to both fullbacks which saw him start at fullback for the first time since he was 9 yeas old and then be the cover for Théo.

And the gaffer don't give a damn about whether Camavinga like it or not.

Mainoldo

That's literally what happen. He is used as fullback since Mendy's injury. And he was supposed to be the main backup in midfield for France until injuries to both fullbacks which saw him start at fullback for the first time since he was 9 yeas old and then be the cover for Théo.

And the gaffer don't give a damn about whether Camavinga like it or not.
That wasn’t my point though. My point was he was backup. Which is exactly what Kone would be. With a hope of being the main guy with time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That wasn’t my point though. My point was he was backup. Which is exactly what Kone would be. With a hope of being the main guy with time.
I added context to your first sentence, you do what you want with that.

croadyman

Disagree. People said far mroe forcefully due to his age the same about Camavinga efore he moved to Madrid. OUr current fiirst choice options are all very experienced, so why cant we fit a quality/exciting/talented player into that regardless of age. Not saying that is Kone as I havent ever seen him play at all, wasnt he one of the players Rangnick was linked with to us?

I think we have an experiened squad pretty much regardless of who goes this summer, dont think the proven/experienced thing people are mentioning is so important, much more so quality as that is what we lack in certain areas....and legs actually, which makes yougner players even more a good option
Yeah we definitely lack some legs in midfield outside of Casa,desperately need that deep lying playmaker who keeps the ball and passes it effectively too.

jesperjaap

Last time I checked Camavinga was playing full back for Madrid and getting sparing minutes in the World Cup.

Which is my point. I’m not saying these players won’t come good. But we need to improve on this season and for that we require elite starters. So Rabiot and Kone work for me. You have the starter and the rotational understudy. It’s good planning.

What’s not good planning is Kone and no-one. We would lose crucial games with him not being up to the job and having to rely on Fred and those types again.
And there is no guarantee in a elite starter as you put it, we have signed the likes of Sanchez and DiMaria who have flopped. And we have Fernandes, Eriksen and Casemeiro as three current starting midfielders who all carry a lots of experience, that is why personally I dont agree that its imperative a midfield signing needs to be proven and experienced, we already have them, we need a quality central midfielder.

Camavinga is still being linked with us and you mention the world cup, Tchouameni started and he isnt getting game time at all...wont come good? He is already getting a lot of time at Madrid at a very youg age with a couple of the worlds best midfielders from the last decade ahead of him. He had as much club experience before movig as Bellingham before he moved there, he was already good before movign like Bellingham has been, seems a egative way of looking at sigings....if we sign a young player we need to sign a proven one as well in case they dont work? There has beena number of very very good young players bought through in the premiership the last couple of seasons and see elements of jealousy or frustration from some fans that we havent made them ourselves....yet the other side of the coin, whenever we are linked with any, often this is the kind of response

Mainoldo

And there is no guarantee in a elite starter as you put it, we have signed the likes of Sanchez and DiMaria who have flopped. And we have Fernandes, Eriksen and Casemeiro as three current starting midfielders who all carry a lots of experience, that is why personally I dont agree that its imperative a midfield signing needs to be proven and experienced, we already have them, we need a quality central midfielder.

Camavinga is still being linked with us and you mention the world cup, Tchouameni started and he isnt getting game time at all...wont come good? He is already getting a lot of time at Madrid at a very youg age with a couple of the worlds best midfielders from the last decade ahead of him. He had as much club experience before movig as Bellingham before he moved there, he was already good before movign like Bellingham has been, seems a egative way of looking at sigings....if we sign a young player we need to sign a proven one as well in case they dont work? There has beena number of very very good young players bought through in the premiership the last couple of seasons and see elements of jealousy or frustration from some fans that we havent made them ourselves....yet the other side of the coin, whenever we are linked with any, often this is the kind of response
That trio isn’t good enough going forward and the names you listed both had clear caveats before coming.

Di Maria didn’t want to come in the first place
Sanchez was already on the decline performance wise at Arsenal and only chose us due to money.

This not the same.

Rolaholic

Really wish we'd be in for this instead of our purported top target for double the price

Feel he'll become a top player for the Scousers if that's where he goes.