Krzysztof Piatek

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I really hope he doesn't go to Juve :D He's doing so well at Milan & seems to have such a good vibe with everyone that I hope he stays there for a while. Maybe in a few years he'll end up in Germany or Spain.
Hope so, too, mainly because I'd like Milan to get back at the top. CL simply doesn't feel the same without a great AC Milan side. If Piatek continues his form, they just meed to bring in a great Brazilian player and I'll feel so young again :lol:

Red Star One

I really hope he doesn't go to Juve :D He's doing so well at Milan & seems to have such a good vibe with everyone that I hope he stays there for a while. Maybe in a few years he'll end up in Germany or Spain.
For Juve many of my Italian friends say that Juventus might have secured some first buy option in their Higuain deal with Milan, as they run all the transfers in the league anyway. Not sure if that will happen, all I know is that they buy all hot property in Italy :lol:
Disregarding the fact they are currently a bit in shambles, Piątek seems to me like a player who’d do really well in Chelsea. I also think he’d already be an upgrade on Lukaku, but it’s too early to go there and we have other priorities.

neilv93

Maybe in a few years he'll end up in Germany or Spain.
I could 100% see Piatek or Jovic being the long-term replacement for Lewandowski. Bayern have just signed Fiete Arp from Hamburg but he's only just turned 19 so might be a bit more raw.

Seems like top strikers are quickly becoming a rare asset.
I think this is so true but the way football is developing we've seen so much more of the deep-lying, false nine-types becoming focal points of teams - think Messi, Firmino, Benzema (to an extent), Aguero is less of an out-and-out striker under Pep and even Kane basically plays in centre midfield some games. Strikers are typically over-rated anyway, given the prices they usually cost compared to other positions.

Bestietom

We would have to spend huge money to replace Lukaku, but I think we should keep him. Rashford and Lukaku up front can cause havoc to any team. What we would be better spending the money on is our Defence and Midfield. A CB and a RB are needed and a DM also.
We have Greenwood coming through and we also have Martial so our forward line looks bright for the future. Strengthen in the right places and we will be fine.

MadMike

Does this guy look like he's got anything exceptional on his skillset aside from being a poacher? I admit I've not watched him at all.

I remember couple of years back Torino wanting 100m for Belotti. He looked like a real predator around the box, got 26 league goals in 35 games. Next season 10 in 32 . He's on 10 in 27 this one so far.

My point being, I don't easily trust players who've only got 1 good season under their belt or are showing just predatorial skills in the box without anything exceptional otherwise. Doesn't mean Piatek is not the real deal obviously every player is different of course.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Does this guy look like he's got anything exceptional on his skillset aside from being a poacher? I admit I've not watched him at all.

I remember couple of years back Torino wanting 100m for Belotti. He looked like a real predator around the box, got 26 league goals in 35 games. Next season 10 in 32 . He's on 10 in 27 this one so far.

My point being, I don't easily trust players who've only got 1 good season under their belt or are showing just predatorial skills in the box without anything exceptional otherwise. Doesn't mean Piatek is not the real deal obviously every player is different of course.
I think what's exceptional of him is that he's good in a wide set of skills, usually you get good headers with poor vision and passing, good players that are inconsistent or strong, tall strikers that lack pace.

He's good at almost everything, maybe he lacks acceleration and a little of flair, but that may be it? You wouldn't be buying a Vinicius for example, and pray that he learns how to finish in front of the goal, he's a good product, you get what you see and, maybe more, but what he has right now is enough.

But his biggest selling point seems to be his work ethic and attitude, he doesn't seem to want to stop because of laziness, doesn't seem to crave attention or want a spotlight on him because he's doing great. A player that jumps into the pich, only feels satisfied if he leaves 100% of what he has in the game and then it's still a great professional the rest of the week seems like an unicorn nowadays.

sam147

We would have to spend huge money to replace Lukaku, but I think we should keep him. Rashford and Lukaku up front can cause havoc to any team. What we would be better spending the money on is our Defence and Midfield. A CB and a RB are needed and a DM also.
We have Greenwood coming through and we also have Martial so our forward line looks bright for the future. Strengthen in the right places and we will be fine.
The fact is both Rashford and Lukaku are inconsistent. Rashford is young and cant be relied on in his decision making and finishing. Lukaku is at his peak and scores in patches like he has his whole career. Lukaku needs to be moved on and an experienced striker is needed. I agree we need a CB, RB, DM, RW. However, we also need a CM, ST and back up LB. This just highlights the years of underinvestment. A CM is a must buy, we rely on Pogba for creativity and if he doesn't provide it then Herrera is useless. A back up LB is needed as Shaw is our only left footer and one injury disrupts the balance. We need a DM as Matic is ageing. A CB because we lack quality. A RB because no one wants to see Young start again and the only option is Dalot.

Also add to this the fact De Gea might not sign, it would be better to ship him off in the summer. We might also need a GK.

Jerzol78

Too similar to Lewandowski and Milik is a better foil I guess. I wonder if he + Lewandowski could work together though.
Looks like it worked. Lewandowski can play a little bit behind and focus more on passing and creating for Piątek while still being a threat. Anyway it would mean dropping Milik.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Poland produves some great strikers. Almost every nation struggles to find even one decent player up front while Poland has three that would play in almost any national team. Spain, Germany, France, Brazil, ...

Kostur

海尔的老板
Scored against Juve yesterday, making it his 21st league goal, 29 goal overall (league + Copa). It's no longer valid to say he cannot score against big teams given that he's scored against Juve, Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Atalanta this season, only Inter's missing now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He could be available for a good price in the Summer. Apparently Gattuso hates him now and blames him for Milan’s bad results, saying he can’t finish and can’t create his own opportunities. He’s supposed to want to bench him and give Cutrone a run.

That’s if Gattuso keeps the job at all, anyway. He’s clueless so chances are he will be gone within a month and the new manager might not hate Piatek.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He could be available for a good price in the Summer. Apparently Gattuso hates him now and blames him for Milan’s bad results, saying he can’t finish and can’t create his own opportunities. He’s supposed to want to bench him and give Cutrone a run.

That’s if Gattuso keeps the job at all, anyway. He’s clueless so chances are he will be gone within a month and the new manager might not hate Piatek.
How true is this though?

I thought he was a brilliant finisher to be honest. Assuming his good start has tailed off? Sounds familiar :wenger:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How true is this though?

I thought he was a brilliant finisher to be honest. Assuming his good start has tailed off? Sounds familiar :wenger:
I think he’s still been fairly good. Obviously he can finish, he scored at will for Genoa and then for Milan and his ‘rough patch’ has been like two weeks long.

Gattuso is a bit of an idiot.

izec

They wont sell him obviously. Gattuso will get sacked before they would consider selling him.

Saf94

We shouldn’t be after a striker at all. We have many positions that need to be improved and Rashford who is more than capable of leading the line. We need to stop ditching our young players as soon as they go off form, this is what young player development is, you’re inconsistent when you’re young but with consistent games you can improve.

Do you think we should’ve dropped DDG at the beginning when he was making all those mistakes? If we did we wouldn’t have the best keeper in the world. We need to stick with Rashford he can become world class he has the talent

Sauldogba

We shouldn’t be after a striker at all. We have many positions that need to be improved and Rashford who is more than capable of leading the line. We need to stop ditching our young players as soon as they go off form, this is what young player development is, you’re inconsistent when you’re young but with consistent games you can improve.

Do you think we should’ve dropped DDG at the beginning when he was making all those mistakes? If we did we wouldn’t have the best keeper in the world. We need to stick with Rashford he can become world class he has the talent
To what 4th place?
We 100 percent do need a new striker.
None of our number 9s are good enough for a club like us

Saf94

To what 4th place?
We 100 percent do need a new striker.
None of our number 9s are good enough for a club like us
Rashford is 21, we’ve never given him a proper chance to develop, always in and out of the team.

No young player comes out of the youth team good enough to start bar a handful of guys like Messi. Do you think De Bruyne was the player he is now at Chelsea and they just sold him because they don’t like good players? They literally never gave him a chance to develop and he got good after going to Wolfsburg and getting regular football. Likewise all the praise for Ajax but how did they do it? They play these guys and give them a chance, De Ligt, De Jong, Neres etc get good because they are given chances and played regularly. No one gets good sitting on the bench.

We keep talking about not being short term and having a proper long term vision. Well here it is, a world class potential striker at the club and we throw away that because we have no patience to wait and coach them so that they can develop. Look what Pep has done with Sterling, Dortmund have done with Sancho, Spurs with Kane. We have to trust Rashford and coach him properly and if we do we could have the next world class English player on our hands.

MrSingh2002

If I could sign one centre forward in world football for United it would be Piatek.

There are some great strikers in the Premier League like Aguero and Kane but to sign this guy who seems like an incredible finisher and just so hungry at the same time. The guy would prove a 300% improvement on Lukaku.

I believe he would prove to be the best centre forward at United since RVN and RVP.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He could be available for a good price in the Summer. Apparently Gattuso hates him now and blames him for Milan’s bad results, saying he can’t finish and can’t create his own opportunities.
What? When? :lol:

Red_toad

He'd be perfect for us, but no way would Milan sell him 6 months after buying him.
Perfect for us, but he's having issues at Milan? Some logic issues there... Whilst we have Rashford, Lukaku and Greenwood coming through, I'd very much doubt the club will be looking at a striker. Much bigger needs require addressing first...

Art Vandelay

Perfect for us, but he's having issues at Milan? Some logic issues there... Whilst we have Rashford, Lukaku and Greenwood coming through, I'd very much doubt the club will be looking at a striker. Much bigger needs require addressing first...
What problems? He hasn't scored in two weeks and is being rested tonight? Hardly problems. Lukaku's been in and out of form for over a year, Rashford isn't ready to lead the line on his own and Greenwood is 17. There's also Lukaku repeatedly talking about leaving.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Greenwood is 17!

MrSingh2002

Dangle Lukaku in front of them. I'd take a straight swap and Milan probably would too.

Sauldogba

Rashford is 21, we’ve never given him a proper chance to develop, always in and out of the team.

No young player comes out of the youth team good enough to start bar a handful of guys like Messi. Do you think De Bruyne was the player he is now at Chelsea and they just sold him because they don’t like good players? They literally never gave him a chance to develop and he got good after going to Wolfsburg and getting regular football. Likewise all the praise for Ajax but how did they do it? They play these guys and give them a chance, De Ligt, De Jong, Neres etc get good because they are given chances and played regularly. No one gets good sitting on the bench.

We keep talking about not being short term and having a proper long term vision. Well here it is, a world class potential striker at the club and we throw away that because we have no patience to wait and coach them so that they can develop. Look what Pep has done with Sterling, Dortmund have done with Sancho, Spurs with Kane. We have to trust Rashford and coach him properly and if we do we could have the next world class English player on our hands.
Since chelsea sold debruyne they won the league twice and the fa cup so thats a bit of a moot point.
Why should we carry on playing average young players in the hope they turn into world class players when we could just go and get one.Its this sort of thinking that has led to us being in the state we are in today and why we are currently 6th place.
Im not prepared to watch city and the like win things while we sit and hope our kids blossom

Red_toad

What problems? He hasn't scored in two weeks and is being rested tonight? Hardly problems. Lukaku's been in and out of form for over a year, Rashford isn't ready to lead the line on his own and Greenwood is 17. There's also Lukaku repeatedly talking about leaving.

Greenwood is 17!

And yes I'm aware of the 'coming through' strikers age. Unless you're of the idea that having 3 strikers ahead of him is going to help him develop as a player? Like i said far bigger issues need addressing....

Art Vandelay

passing-wind

Rashford is not a world class potential striker though, he has shown capabilities of lacking finishing instincts. His movement is extremely poor for a professional, he often runs himself into occupied spaces, plays with his head down, doesn't interlink the play well enough. Solskjaer has even mentioned the conversations he's had with Marcus regarding his positioning, temperament and poise. The only aspect that is keeping Rashford in the aura of the starting 11 is his work rate, if Martial had the same application in his approach Rashford would be on the bench.

I'll always reiterate the same opinion if Rashford is Ole's main no 9 over 2 seasons it will cost him his job. The difference with Lukaku is his contribution is poor but he offers goals, his numbers are at most consistent.

People who turn down Icardi but welcome Piatek it's backwards thinking, they offer the same attributes fox in the box, poacher the benefit with Icardi he's been consistent over a period of time as opposed to one season.

Red_toad

https://www.football-italia.net/137422/milan-drop-piatek-torino-clash

Trying something else as things aren't working at the minute. Something we should do more often. Lukaku for Piatek would be a big upgrade.
Stating a player who's never played in England would be an upgrade is very subjective. Lukaku if played correctly will score a lot of goals. He's been very badly utilised over the last season and a half. Not that I'm his greatest fan, but fixing the midfield/ right wing and defence would be a far more sensible thing to address, rather than fancifully dreaming of strikers, who probably aren't going to be available anytime soon.
Lad looks like a good goal scorer, but he'd have many of the same struggles here, as we're simply not a creative side.

OleGunnar20

Fair point, I guess it comes down to how highly you rate Rashford. I personally don't rate him as being potentially world class and never have done. I think he can be a very good player, a step up from the likes of Welbeck but in the bracket below Kane/Aguero et al, which is still a very useful player to have.

I also think he'll develop better with some real competition for the leading #9 role. We've seen an attitude change on the pitch since being given the reigns by Ole which I worry will hinder his development in the long run. Of course this is all conjecture from me, we can never know for sure ey.

If I could sign one centre forward in world football for United it would be Piatek.

There are some great strikers in the Premier League like Aguero and Kane but to sign this guy who seems like an incredible finisher and just so hungry at the same time. The guy would prove a 300% improvement on Lukaku.

I believe he would prove to be the best centre forward at United since RVN and RVP.
Agree with this. I think in terms of skillset & mentality he's exactly what we need up top, and I do think we need a new striker (with Lukaku making his dreams come true in Italy pronto).

Among the top priority signings for me, if he's available.

MrSingh2002

Fair point, I guess it comes down to how highly you rate Rashford. I personally don't rate him as being potentially world class and never have done. I think he can be a very good player, a step up from the likes of Welbeck but in the bracket below Kane/Aguero et al, which is still a very useful player to have.

I also think he'll develop better with some real competition for the leading #9 role. We've seen an attitude change on the pitch since being given the reigns by Ole which I worry will hinder his development in the long run. Of course this is all conjecture from me, we can never know for sure ey.

Agree with this. I think in terms of skillset & mentality he's exactly what we need up top, and I do think we need a new striker (with Lukaku making his dreams come true in Italy pronto).

Among the top priority signings for me, if he's available.
Let's hope the club make Lukakus wish come true. The Muppet.

OleGunnar20

Let's hope the club make Lukakus wish come true. The Muppet.
Fingers crossed ey.

Rashford is not a world class potential striker though, he has shown capabilities of lacking finishing instincts. His movement is extremely poor for a professional, he often runs himself into occupied spaces, plays with his head down, doesn't interlink the play well enough. Solskjaer has even mentioned the conversations he's had with Marcus regarding his positioning, temperament and poise. The only aspect that is keeping Rashford in the aura of the starting 11 is his work rate, if Martial had the same application in his approach Rashford would be on the bench.

I'll always reiterate the same opinion if Rashford is Ole's main no 9 over 2 seasons it will cost him his job. The difference with Lukaku is his contribution is poor but he offers goals, his numbers are at most consistent.

People who turn down Icardi but welcome Piatek it's backwards thinking, they offer the same attributes fox in the box, poacher the benefit with Icardi he's been consistent over a period of time as opposed to one season.
Much like Rabiot, I think the baggage that comes along with Icardi makes me uneasy.

I'd much prefer we go for two players of similar quality (in my opinion) in Barella & Piatek - both of whom appear to have much better attitudes - to fill those gaps.

Our dressing room mentality appears from the outside to be a shambles at the moment, this needs addressing as urgently as the quality of the players within in.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fingers crossed ey.

Much like Rabiot, I think the baggage that comes along with Icardi makes me uneasy.

I'd much prefer we go for two players of similar quality (in my opinion) in Barella & Piatek - both of whom appear to have much better attitudes - to fill those gaps.

Our dressing room mentality appears from the outside to be a shambles at the moment, this needs addressing as urgently as the quality of the players within in.
Yeah, maybe in previous years under SAF and the group of players you could take risk on integrating players that could be a problem personality, but right now it seems like a much bigger risk under the current manager and group of players.