Kylian Mbappé joins PSG on one year loan with option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
They're offloading players, meaning their eage bill will increase but should still be manageable for this season. It's next season, when Mbappé new contract kicks in that they'll have more problems imho
Yeah, the rush to make savings on wages or/and sell players:

Today, Krychowiak loaned to West Bromwich that will pay his annual salary (5 millions)

Aurier likely to be sold for 30 millions of euros: 25 millions + 5 million (add-on).

PSG tries to convince others players to go out like Ben Arfa (annual salary savings: 5 millions)

DannyDee

If PSG don't win the CL this season or at least make a final they have to consider this season a failure. I think losing to Real in the final narrowly is the bare minimum they should achieve plus winning Ligue un
What if they draw Real early? Can't really call it a failure if they get knocked out by Real just because they drew him them in the quarters.

I hate what they've done, and I hope it blows up in their face. But tournaments are so impacted by draws, that going out to a great team in the quarter due to getting a bad draw, it would be hard to consider it a failure. Its also not like these are short-term win at all cost signings. Neymar is an elite player and probably top 3 in the world but still only 25, and Mbappe is 18. If they don't win it with either in their prime its a failure, but, I wouldn't judge them off one year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If PSG don't win the CL this season or at least make a final they have to consider this season a failure. I think losing to Real in the final narrowly is the bare minimum they should achieve plus winning Ligue un
That's a strange statement because it's already how they see things, they didn't wait this season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So they are signing him now but won't actually join until next season?

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
So they are signing him now but won't actually until next season?
No. He will join PSG next week, but the club will pay 180 millions next year to have the time to comply with FFP regulations

GBBQ

No. He will join PSG next week, but the club will pay 180 millions next year to have the time to comply with FFP regulations
So not only are Monaco selling to a league and CL rival they are also facilitating it in a way that will ensure they don't break the rules in doing so. Can you imagine us doing this for Liverpool.

RC89

Easy. Dirty laundered oil money for a team owned by a country. Also, since Neymar apparently paid his own release clause from his 300mil contract to be Quatar's 2022 WC ambassador, PSG are not in violation of FFP because the club technically did not pay his release clause. All this slime and grime being done by the Quatari government to take the focus off their human rights violations getting these stadiums built and apparently it is working because I haven't heard anything about their slave labor in some time.
How is it dirty laundered oil money? Seems like a pretty legitimate income as far as I can tell. (Unless you're relating to their human rights record here too)

Completely agree with the second bit though.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
So not only are Monaco selling to a league and CL rival they are also facilitating it in a way that will ensure they don't break the rules in doing so. Can you imagine us doing this for Liverpool.
Money makes everything possible :keano:

Monaco did want to sell him to Real Madrid. I understand the deal was made possible for 3 reasons:

- M'Bappé didn't want to join Real Madrid ready to pay 180 millions but not to give guarantees about his playing time next season.
- M'Bapp end of contract in 2019: he doesn't want to renew his contract and the club would be compelled to sell him next year so that couldn't sell him at an optimal price
- Monaco is owned by a Russian businessman (billionnaire) so you can imagine that Qatar will reward him and facilitate the development of his personal business #High-Level #Politics

Who was in a position to offer a similar offer?

- Real Madrid: yes interested
- Barcelona: yes bot not interested (dembélé, coutinho, di maria... )
- City: I don't know because they already spent a lot of money on many players in the last 2 months
- Bayern: not their policy to spend more than 80-100 millions on a player

Monaco had a limited choice. It would have been very risky to sell him next year (injuries, 1 remaining year of contract...) and their management are mainly interested in making money

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Easy. Dirty laundered oil money for a team owned by a country. Also, since Neymar apparently paid his own release clause from his 300mil contract to be Quatar's 2022 WC ambassador, PSG are not in violation of FFP because the club technically did not pay his release clause. All this slime and grime being done by the Quatari government to take the focus off their human rights violations getting these stadiums built and apparently it is working because I haven't heard anything about their slave labor in some time.
Oil money? No, gas money
Laundering? No, Gas exports: 60 billions of US dollars per year
300mil contract to be Quatar's 2022 WC ambassador? Any source?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why would Monaco agree to that, looks like they are helping PSG , their biggest rival :confused:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why would Monaco agree to that, looks like they are helping PSG , their biggest rival :confused:
PSG aren't their biggest rival in the same way liverpool are united's rivals. This is more like United vs Aston Villa if they were good. Or United vs Chelsea pre-Roman

Monaco aren't in a position to refuse the money. They won't be making even half of that next year, and losing him on a free is absolutely out of the question. So it was either get €180m next year, or less than half of that next year...

JPRouve

Scout
All about the ££££.

Exciting times for PSG coming up.
Well if Mbappé doesn't sign a contract, Monaco have to sell, the decision was always in his hands. Monaco would have preferred to see him sign a new contract.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
PSG aren't their biggest rival in the same way liverpool are united's rivals. This is more like United vs Aston Villa if they were good. Or United vs Chelsea pre-Roman

Monaco aren't in a position to refuse the money. They won't be making even half of that next year, and losing him on a free is absolutely out of the question. So it was either get €180m next year, or less than half of that next year...
Well if Mbappé doesn't sign a contract, Monaco have to sell, the decision was always in his hands. Monaco would have preferred to see him sign a new contract.
Yep, makes sense once put into context.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wow, so they'll have spent €400m on two players in one window. Guess they figured as they're not going to get the player sales needed to meet FFP they may as well go all out in this window.
The sale of Aurier and a few loans free some money towards the transfer. We'll see if another player is transfered today.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You'll need a big sale like Draxler but it seems he's digging his heels in to stay.
The difference on the 17/18 accounts (and thus FFP) between loan and direct buy is €180m/5=€36m. Aurier might be enough to cover most of that and the €180m are not official, it could be less.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The difference on the 17/18 accounts (and thus FFP) between loan and direct buy is €180m/5=€36m. Aurier might be enough to cover most of that and the €180m are not official, it could be less.
I've read that the acquisition price is likely to be 135 millions + 45 of add-ons

JPRouve

Scout
Someone made a good point regarding the potential loan, it's probably the best deal for Monaco when you think about FFP. They already made a lot of money this year, so it would be best to have the +150m one year latter.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Done deal.

Joins PSG on one year loan with obligation to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.