Kylian Mbappé joins PSG on one year loan with option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Jesus, if that bid actually happened we must be absolutely convinced this guy is the biggest talent in the world. Or rather, the biggest talent in generations. I mean, would 18 year old Messi have be valued at 110 million in today's market? I'm not exactly convinced
Well, by definition, there will be an 18-20 year old who will be the very best of his generation. We must believe its him!

RedMaestro

Jesus, if that bid actually happened we must be absolutely convinced this guy is the biggest talent in the world. Or rather, the biggest talent in generations. I mean, would 18 year old Messi have be valued at 110 million in today's market? I'm not exactly convinced
All I can say is that he doesn't play like an 18 year old. He shares some qualities with Thierry Henry and we all know what he's achieved, so if Mbappé could do something similar to him he'd be worth it. He clearly seems to be a very intelligent player and maybe he's one of those players that get great earlier than normal. Messi was great very early in his career.

Besides prices for "mediocre" players are extremely high so this is actually a normal price tag if you think about it. Mourinho said that Pogba's record fee would be beaten this summer and he's right - prices are just going to continue to rise. And it's better to take a "chance" on an extreme talent - what if he's the next Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar (or close to their capacity)? The next 10-15 years would be "secured". If the club can afford it then it's better to "risk" it rather than going the "safe" way and having a tougher time finding "gems".

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Pretty sure this guy is the next Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I don't think this kid is worth anywhere near 110m. He could be in the future. He could well be but right now that figure is preposterous. That being said, the prospect of having a future front line of Mbappe Martial and Rashford could well be worth the layout.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He is so freaking good at 18 that I don't know what I would do to have him play for my club.

RedMaestro

Too many kids and latent talent? Where will next years goals come from?
We shouldn't focus on age - it's their abilities that are important. Ibrahimovic is 35 and his really good which is also very unusual. I'm not saying he's the next Messi, but Leo was important for Barcelona very early in his career.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We shouldn't focus on age - it's their abilities that are important. Ibrahimovic is 35 and his really good which is also very unusual. I'm not saying he's the next Messi, but Leo was important for Barcelona very early in his career.
Can we depend on Martial, Rashford and Mbappe to score enough goals to win us the PL and get to semi finals of CL?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He has the star quality man...
Many young players do and many wind up not as good as their hype. Just look at Memphis - 28 goals in Holland as a 19 year old and a complete implosion once he moved to a bigger league. You just never know.

RedMaestro

Can we depend on Martial, Rashford and Mbappe to score enough goals to win us the PL and get to semi finals of CL?
This coming season? No. Well maybe, but then the other 8 players have to be really good for those 3 to be able to play "freely" without a lot of pressure. If Leicester can win the PL and can be where they are in CL, why couldn't more talented players (but younger) do the same? But yes, they'd probably need 2-3 seasons. And I'm still not convinced about how good Martial can be. Rashford seems to have "the right stuff" and I think next season will be really good for him - I'm expecting a lot.

But if they'd play together with an experienced player it could work - like Mkhi and Ibra.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Many young players do and many wind up not as good as their hype. Just look at Memphis - 28 goals in Holland as a 19 year old and a complete implosion once he moved to a bigger league. You just never know.
Well it's quite like drinking an off brand cola. You just never know.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I see more end product in Mbappe than I have in Rashford and Martial. However, I have seen a small sample of Mbappe performances, so its not a fair comparison.

110m EUR sounds like a lie though. Doubt we'd pay more than double the Martial fee for an 18 year old :lol:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I see more end product in Mbappe than I have in Rashford and Martial. However, I have seen a small sample of Mbappe performances, so its not a fair comparison.

110m EUR sounds like a lie though. Doubt we'd pay more than double the Martial fee for an 18 year old :lol:
Keep telling yourself that :lol:.

Martial was a ridiculous purchase at the time. For over 80M euro.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
"Take 80 million of your euros for Kevin Mbappe"

"ok"

*two weeks later*

"Scratch that, we'll pay you 110m"

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Let him go to Madrid.
Or Barca. Not entirely bothered about him, he doesn't look like a 'once in a generation' talent i.e. Dembele for instance.

For now, i would much rather we signed Griezmann - he is still young and at his peak (and guarantees goals).

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think the bid is going to go up even more. We are still in March and we are talking about 110 million!
I think Madrid will bid. Yesterday he appeared on the cover of Marca and As, referring to him as the jewel of the market, and today Pedrerol, a journalist pro Florentino is repeating the same story "Madrid can not leave the opportunity", "the new Ronaldo.."blabla...
However, I also agree with Raoul. Every day there is a new promise. What happened to Dembele in these 2 last months?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Or Barca. Not entirely bothered about him, he doesn't look like a 'once in a generation' talent i.e. Dembele for instance.

For now, i would much rather we signed Griezmann - he is still young and at his peak (and guarantees goals).
Agreed. Griezmann with Ibra, Martial, Rashford, Mkhitaryan, and Mata will be more than enough.

Devil may care

He reminds me of Brazilian Ronaldo, if we are really putting down that kind of money our scouts and Jose must be sure about him. I imagine if we are getting him it would mean no Griezmann.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I think the bid is going to go up even more. We are still in March and we are talking about 110 million!
I think Madrid will bid. Yesterday he appeared on the cover of Marca and As, referring to him as the jewel of the market, and today Pedrerol, a journalist pro Florentino is repeating the same story "Madrid can not leave the opportunity", "the new Ronaldo.."blabla...
However, I also agree with Raoul. Every day there is a new promise. What happened to Dembele in these 2 last months?
He is still very alive! Currently has 8 goals and 15 assists from 30 appearances. Along with Thiago, he is the standout performer in the Bundesliga.

NYAS

Nothing happened with Dembele, he's still a special, special talent. There can be more than one special kid on the block, there isn't a limit.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
If someone wants to pay over 100me for him then good luck to them. That is just a stupid price for any youngster who has proven nothing yet.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is still very alive! Currently has 8 goals and 15 assists from 30 appearances. Along with Thiago, he is the standout performer in the Bundesliga.
Nothing happened with Dembele, he's still a special, special talent. There can be more than one special kid on the block, there isn't a limit.
who is better? Moussa or Ousmane? would you pay 100 m€ for any of them? do you think that Mbappe is better?

Womp

idiot
Surely this is rubbish? We could add 10-20 more and possibly get Neymar with that money. I'm a huge fan of Mbappe and think he could go on to be one of the best, if not the best player of his generation but he's still a kid. Huge risk and stupid money for someone still new to the scene.

jem

I still struggle to see why we, as fans, care whether the team spends 50 or 90 million on a player, if that player is seen as a truly special talent.

Womp

idiot
I still struggle to see why we, as fans, care whether the team spends 50 or 90 million on a player, if that player is seen as a truly special talent.
That kind of transfer will severely hinder what we can spend on strengthening other areas of the pitch, even though we have the money. Besides, we could buy players of the Neymar ilk around those prices, not an unproven kid, regardless of how good he may become

Womp

idiot
Imagine if we did sign him for that sort of money and Jose gave him the Mkhitaryan/Martial treatment, this place would meltdown.
It improved Mkhitryan's form and Martial was having a shit season both before and after Jose stopped trusting him. Transfer fees shouldn't matter when it comes to whether or not a player should be benched imo

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Are we printing money or just laundering it?

Scholsey2004

Firstly i dont beloeve weve bid that much. Secondly i dont believe theyd turn down that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.