Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Chief123

Is it not odd that a world record bid is submitted and accepted in such an instant? Does it not usually take a few weeks to negotiate a fee and how it's paid?
A bid can be accepted instantly. You don’t need weeks to decide yes or no. The completion of the transfer isn’t instant though.

What kind of negotiating were you expecting when a €300m world record offer is put on the table? “If you give me a full tank of petrol and pay for the players flight to saudi, then we’ve got a deal”?

Josep Dowling

No player is worth that much. I don't get what Al-Hilal gets from this deal. £1 billion spent on a football player for one season. Must be some dodgy deal between Qatar and Saudi?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No player is worth that much. I don't get what Al-Hilal gets from this deal. £1 billion spent on a football player for one season. Must be some dodgy deal between Qatar and Saudi?
Its very simple, if they can persuade him to be there for one season, they likely think they can convince him to stay longer than that.

Obviously not worth it anyway, but hey, Saudis are bored and have virtually unlimited money, at least when it comes to football.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Does FFP not apply to Saudi clubs? Also if they want can they then loan him to Newcastle?

Chief123

I am not gonna lie, if Mbappe joins Al-Hilal, i want to start watching the Saudi Pro-League. Where do I start?
I’ll most likely start watching some games too. And that is exactly why Saudi wants him. It generates interest. For every 100 new viewers, there will be a number of those who become lifelong viewers.

Chief123

It’s a €1 billion advertising campaign for a year for the saudi league.

m1tch

A bid can be accepted instantly. You don’t need weeks to decide yes or no. The completion of the transfer isn’t instant though.

What kind of negotiating were you expecting when a €300m world record offer is put on the table? “If you give me a full tank of petrol and pay for the players flight to saudi, then we’ve got a deal”?
If I had the 300m then I'd be offering 295m so I'd have some spending money for my next holiday.

The fact it's accepted instantly suggests the bid was too high.

Maybe I'm thinking all transfer negotiations go like our Fellaini deal.

OverratedOpinion

Nobody said it would make sense,but look at the money they are spending already, would not surprise me.
The Saudi's will spend big on a project when they decide it's something they want to do but they aren't stupid and I don't see them getting into the business of giving 300m assets away. We will see but I doubt it.

zaafi

The logic is perfectly clear, if he accepts the offer he is not going to settle for "normal" contracts in Europe anymore.
His wages are already insane. I don't see him getting much more than that for Al-Hilal, and Real Madrid are not going to pay as much as PSG anyway, so he's going to have to take a pay cut sooner or later.

Giggsyking

His wages are already insane. I don't see him getting much more than that for Al-Hilal, and Real Madrid are not going to pay as much as PSG anyway, so he's going to have to take a pay cut sooner or later.
He is getting 4 times his salary with al Hillal. But the problem is, it is over 2 years. 200m per year, he is earning 50m at PSG now.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
One year, boost the league's reputation, get eyes on it even more so, etc.

Earn a billion or as near as.

Play for Madrid next season.

Already won the World Cup. Played with Messi and Neymar. Still young.

You would wouldn't you? Assuming you didn't give two shits about the ethics, which I doubt he does, you absolutely would.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
The only way we get a chance at Mbappe is if Qatar is working behind the scenes already.. which they clearly aren't.
They will have to heavily favor either PSG or United for financial fair play purpose.

The transfer fee will put either PSG or united in FFP crisis.

Saudi club is a great way to bypass FFP with under the table money

dinostar77

Like the idea that psg send mbappe out on loan and gets a fee before he joins madrid in a free next summer.

Surely every top club would be interested then.

Chief123

I could understand if Mbappe had doubts about leaving the premier league on good terms, but the fact he’s in Ligue 1 which is an absolute farmers league and also the fact there is a complete breakdown in relationship with the club, it gets to the point where it becomes a no brainer. Especially considering his plan is to accept sitting on the bench for a year to get his dream move.

2 options:
1 - sit on the bench in a shit league and be alienated by the club for a year.
2 - get paid the most you’ll ever get paid for a year, play football and be adored by fans throughout the country.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Like the idea that psg send mbappe out on loan and gets a fee before he joins madrid in a free next summer.

Surely every top club would be interested then.
Why would any top club pay over 200m for a year of his services?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
To be honest that was obvious. There was zero reason for PSG to reject the bid. The hard part is convincing the player.
Yeah PSG accepting it was obvious. It’s Mbappe‘a call. I don’t think he goes, but when I think about it, why would he not take it? It’s a one year rental with truly, truly obscene money on the table and he knows Real Madrid will be waiting for him in 12 months.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One year, boost the league's reputation, get eyes on it even more so, etc.

Earn a billion or as near as.

Play for Madrid next season.

Already won the World Cup. Played with Messi and Neymar. Still young.

You would wouldn't you? Assuming you didn't give two shits about the ethics, which I doubt he does, you absolutely would.
No I absolutely wouldn’t and no serious top footballer should even consider this offer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I am not gonna lie, if Mbappe joins Al-Hilal, i want to start watching the Saudi Pro-League. Where do I start?
Someone asked the question a while ago and the general mood was that people would maybe have a look out of curiosity but not really watch, but Mbappe, the current best player in the world, going there would 100% attract millions of eyeballs around the world.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
No I absolutely wouldn’t and no serious top footballer should even consider this offer.
Easy to say on the internet when you're not actually faced with the choice.

I don't believe for a second that Kylian Mbappe would give two shits about anything related to Saudi Arabia given the money on offer. Maybe he's a better human being than we know but it's doubtful.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Easy to say on the internet when you're not actually faced with the choice.
It is but what other perspective can we have?

Mbappe is already filthy rich and we will end his career with money coming out of his ears. Every year of his footballing legacy especially during his prime should mean the world to him. At club football he doesn’t really have any big achievements since winning the league with Monaco and has spent all of thus far in a league that isn’t elite.