Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If anyone thinks we have a cat hells in chance of signing Mbappe, I'll have whatever you're smoking.

He ain't leaving psg, he has a very good relationship with the psg manager, Mbappe. Even so, negotiating with their chairman, Mbappe, is nigh on impossible.

AlexUTD

Didn't seem like irony judging by your previous posts, and a lot of people genuinely believe what you wrote.
I do not want INEOS and Ratcliffe as a owner yes cause they do not have a clue what they are doing but even so, i do know that they wouldnt buy Weghorst unless Ten Hag asked. I do know though that with INEOS we are going back to mediocrity like under the Glazers so there will be alot of sarcasm and irony aimed at INEOS from me on this forum.

Im not a fan of Qatar either but atleast they are giving pledges to the club to secure it rather than INEOS that just gives a half assed statement. But i digress, im going off topic so ill leave it there.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I do not want INEOS and Ratcliffe as a owner yes cause they do not have a clue what they are doing but even so, i do know that they wouldnt buy Weghorst unless Ten Hag asked. I do know though that with INEOS we are going back to mediocrity like under the Glazers so there will be alot of sarcasm and irony aimed at INEOS from me on this forum.

Im not a fan of Qatar either but atleast they are giving pledges to the club to secure it rather than INEOS that just gives a half assed statement. But i digress, im going off topic so ill leave it there.
Because Qatar does? Let me answer that for you : no they do not. They just screw up with more money.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
No one here in France agrees with that consensus.
No one thinks he's technically elite or an extraordinary dribbler.
Even here a player like Vinicius would be considered superior G/A output aside.

I have no idea where the myth that Mbappe is as complete as the likes of Messi/Neymar used to be comes from but that's simply not true;
He's technically good and a good dribbler. This, allied with his extreme physical gifts makes him a great player. No one said he's as complete or as technically good as Messi, although he is arguably a better player than Messi now because Messi, physically, is diminished.

Odd that you dislike him so much, seeing as you are apparently French. I'm not a huge fan of his but he's probably the best around right now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I have no idea where the myth that Mbappe is as complete as the likes of Messi/Neymar used to be comes from but that's simply not true;
He’s inferior to Messi and peak Neymar. That’s hardly a slight though considering neither of those two are at their peak anymore and no one comes close to that level currently.

Not everyone in France dislikes him though, the PSG fans worshipped him in a way that again I’ve only seen from very few players.

Finallly as good as Vinicius is, Mbappe is clearly a level above, both in output and in impact.

Agree with this to some extent. Technically, he hasn't really improved since the PSG move and is a bit loose with the ball compared to really great players. However, he's not exactly Emile Heskey with the ball and his physical attributes still make him a devastating player and probably the best in the world currently alongside Haaland, who is even more of a one trick pony. I'd love him at United and I think he would destroy this league, if his ego would allow him to adapt his game.

Pintu

Another record for him. 4 in a row. (Not awarded in 2020, it could have been 5)

Surely time to leave France now, not much more to be achieved there?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool on loan is on the cards apparently
Why would PSG entertain this ? They'd be better off slashing his price and get 100M from Madrid. Mbappe in the EL would be funny though :drool:

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
He's not wasting a season in the Europa League.
If he does move to Liverpool, he'll play in the league only, perhaps showing up in the EL in the last stages if they make it. Big signing for them, would make them favourites along with City for the title if it happens.

Can fit into Liverpool as well. Like with Haaland and City, Liverpool will adapt to fit him in, creating more defensive solidity with a trio of Mbappe-Nunez-Salah to do the damage upfront.

Eddy_JukeZ

If he does move to Liverpool, he'll play in the league only, perhaps showing up in the EL in the last stages if they make it. Big signing for them, would make them favourites along with City for the title if it happens.

Can fit into Liverpool as well. Like with Haaland and City, Liverpool will adapt to fit him in, creating more defensive solidity with a trio of Mbappe-Nunez-Salah to do the damage upfront.
He's not going to Liverpool.

Nero

It's no wonder tabloid journalism is so lucrative. The people they reel in is remarkable.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Aside from the fact it makes no sense for PSG to agree to this (without a ludicrous loan fee that Liverpool would never pay), I can't see Klopp signing a player and agreeing that he won't play in certain competitions.

Opens the door for basically everyone else in the squad to say they don't want to play in it either.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
There's no way in the world Liverpool will pay his wages, is there?

Also feels like he wouldn't fit in under a manager like Klopp.
Can you even loan someone out when the contract is ending? In Germany you can’t.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why would he agree to go anywhere? Unless they can credibly leave him in the reserves all season... Which seems very unlikely given the backlash it will generate in France.

PSG are totally powerless, he can sign his pre contract with Madrid in January, pocket £100m+ and just play this season out as his last at PSG.

Hammondo

Honestly doubt he's going to any PL team, his options are pretty limited to who can afford him and want him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not sure why it's so easily laughed off. Could definitely see him going there, and Liverpool would fancy their chances of convincing him to stay as well.

In terms if squad building, it isn't really a sensible option for them after spending so much on their forward line in the last few seasons when they need at least one more midfielder and need to think about quality back up for Van Dijk as well.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure why it's so easily laughed off. Could definitely see him going there, and Liverpool would fancy their chances of convincing him to stay as well.

In terms if squad building, it isn't really a sensible option for them after spending so much on their forward line in the last few seasons when they need at least one more midfielder and need to think about quality back up for Van Dijk as well.
I'm sure Klopp wouldn't say no to such a player, but he would have to adjust his playstyle, Mbappe is the laziest attacker around, he works less off the ball than 35 year old Messi.
One less player to be part of his pressing style, but i'm sure it would be worth it overall for his contributions in attack though.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why would Liverpool be after him anyhow?

They are well stocked in the forward department as it is.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aside from the fact it makes no sense for PSG to agree to this (without a ludicrous loan fee that Liverpool would never pay), I can't see Klopp signing a player and agreeing that he won't play in certain competitions.

Opens the door for basically everyone else in the squad to say they don't want to play in it either.
And it's the opposite of Mbappé's attitude up until this point. Mbappé is the type of player that doesn't like to be rested, all his coaches have had to convince him that it was best for everyone.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anything to actually say? It's no secret players like Klopp and want to work with him. And Liverpool will think with their fans and cult like following, they'll be able to convince him to stay. I don't think they will, I think they'll think they can.

redshaw

I don't see PSG sticking to leaving him out the side but they will put heavy pressure on him.

What could be done on Madrid's side to agree a fee, I wonder how much they would be tempted to pay to secure him a year early.
PSG claim to want FFP money yet won't get much if anything from a loan with his wages costing ~50m a year.