Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Ladron de redcafe

World Cup only mattered when it was the last games of the season. This win will be overshadowed by the ridiculous second half of the season that We have in store imo.
Nothing is going to overshadow the world cup :lol: I think it'll end with Messi winning a record extending 8th Ballón d'Or, but we will wait and see.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The only cynical thing for me in the final was, 2 of his goals were penalties.

He was still anonymous besides the give and go for the 2nd goal which should have been defended better.

L'equipe ranked Mbappe higher than Messi with 9 a vs 8 match rating (French publication of course), for me the performances weren't close on the field.

Mbappe was anonymous for 80 minutes, yes he scored 2 penalties which he won 0 and he scored a worldie, top finish. He did bury the pens though full credit for his mental strength to score 3 pens in a game.

I think Muani offered more at times (which is because he's not marked as heavily as Mbappe not because Muani is a better player).

I don't think Mbappe has as much influence on a game as Messi but I think Mbappe has a real shout to beat Messi in: World Cups, European Titles, Champions Leagues, maybe... domestic titles.

I back France to win a Euro or two, and maybe another 2 World Cups.

I think that Mbappe might go down as the best international player of all time.

He will get 4-7 Balon d'Ors maybe higher on that estimate, he will go down as maybe the greatest of this generation that he's playing now, but he might get massive injuries, I do think domestic titles he needs to go to another league.
I agree he was quiet for a long period before bursting into life (but isn't that the mark of a rear striker?). I also think both were overrated in the final - I thought Messi went quiet too from the start of the second half but pundits had built the final up as Mess vs Mpabbe so had to go with that. Argentina definitely had other starts on the day (while some French players hardly seemed to turn up at all for at least 45 minutes) which, for me, is the real reason they won

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
When is he surpassing CR7?
well, I hope he knows the right to to retire when the time comes. I know it's heresy here but I feel sorry for Ronaldo. If he'd gone to ETH and said, "sorry this just isn't working anymore. I want to call it a day" a lot of heartache could have been avoided

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Mbappé is already back at the training center. Yep, he's pissed. Just hope it's not too early.

Ladron de redcafe

How underrated is Mbappé? We are talking about a generational talent.

The man has 12 world cup goals (equal to Pelé and 4 more than Maradona) at the age of 23. He has the all time record for most finals goals (5) at the age of 23.

A lot of other all time greats (regarded as top 10) don't have a fraction of his exploits at the highest level.

Eddy_JukeZ

The man has 12 world cup goals (equal to Pelé and 4 more than Maradona) at the age of 23. He has the all time record for most finals goals (5) at the age of 23.

A lot of other all time greats (regarded as top 10) don't have a fraction of his exploits at the highest level.
I must admit that even I underrated him. He's got a chance to be the greatest WC player ever. It's likely that he absolutely smash the WC goals record and could finish with 20+ goals.

I didn't think he had a chance to surpass CR7 all-time, but he does. If he stays fit and continues developing certain aspects, his ceiling is probably one of the 5-7 best players ever. I don't think he's got the innate talent to challenge Messi all-time though. He's a more cerebral player than CR7 was at the same age, and I think at the same age, Mbappe is probably a better player than he was. It's close either way.

Mbappe vs Ronaldo will be an interesting debate one day.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Mbappé is already back at the training center. Yep, he's pissed. Just hope it's not too early.

Yea he's mad, they unlocked Mbappé 2.0. He had 10 days like every other WC player, he's back one week early. I wouldnt want to be a Strasbourg fan next week.

youmeletsfly

I must admit that even I underrated him. He's got a chance to be the greatest WC player ever. It's likely that he absolutely smash the WC goals record and could finish with 20+ goals.

I didn't think he had a chance to surpass CR7 all-time, but he does. If he stays fit and continues developing certain aspects, his ceiling is probably one of the 5-7 best players ever. I don't think he's got the innate talent to challenge Messi all-time though. He's a more cerebral player than CR7 was at the same age, and I think at the same age, Mbappe is probably a better player than he was. It's close either way.

Not trying to be an ass about it, but 23 year old Mbappe don't think is better than 23 year old Ronaldo individually and, especially, collectively. Don't know how often you watch him play other than UCL and WC, but it's not that easy to draw a line between them.

For example, I'm of the opinion that along his whole career, Messi surpassed Ronaldo and got to be the better player. However, I don't think any player ever comes close to 23-24year old Ronaldo in terms of ability to play the game. I'm not playing the stats/trophies game, too many variables.

Ladron de redcafe

I think he's MUCH better than Ronaldo was at the same age. I'm not sure it's even close. His current level of play is extremely high.

This is a man who just scored 8 (!) goals in a world cup campaign (the most since Ronaldo Nazario). His 8 in this tournament alone at the age of 23 ties Ronaldo's entire career worth of world cup goals and the latter has failed to register a single goal or assist in the KO stages while Mbappé (at this young age) is excelling son the single biggest game in world football, scoring hatricks in world cup finals.

Even during Ronaldo's best season (2008), he wasnt handling the pressure as well as Mbappé currently is, missing penalties in the semi final and final when United won the Champions League, and then failing to do anything of note in the next year's final.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think he's MUCH better than Ronaldo was at the same age. I'm not sure it's even close. His current level of play is extremely high.

This is a man who just scored 8 (!) goals in a world cup campaign (the most since Ronaldo Nazario). His 8 in this tournament alone at the age of 23 ties Ronaldo's entire career worth of world cup goals and the latter has failed to register a single goal or assist in the KO stages while Mbappé (at this young age) is excelling son the single biggest game in world football, scoring hatricks in world cup finals.

Even during Ronaldo's best season (2008), he wasnt handling the pressure as well as Mbappé currently is, missing penalties in the semi final and final when United won the Champions League, and then failing to do anything of note in the next year's final.
I have a hard time accepting that, Ronaldo was exceptional at 23 and I don't think anyone can be described as much better. Though at the same time Mbappé is stylistically closer to a 27-28 years old Ronaldo but I'm not convinced that the younger Ronaldo was worse than the older one.

Ladron de redcafe

I have a hard time accepting that, Ronaldo was exceptional at 23 and I don't think anyone can be described as much better. Though at the same time Mbappé is stylistically closer to a 27-28 years old Ronaldo but I'm not convinced that the younger Ronaldo was worse than the older one.
It's all subjective. I stated my reasons for believing Mbappé is that much better. He's not only better statistically, but he's better in the bigger matches.

JPRouve

Scout
It's all subjective. I stated my reasons for believing Mbappé is that much better. He's not only better statistically, but he's better in the bigger matches.
It's definitely subjective, that's why I shared my feeling about it. I can see where you are coming from though.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
As I said before, the closest thing we got to Il Fenomeno since he retired. He has a knack of going out of the game a bit, but when he is on it, he is absolutely electrifying.

If he is truly back on training already, hats off.

JPRouve

Scout
Fair enough. I think I understand your point. Shouldn't have overstated the "much" better part, maybe.
I don't know if it's an overstatement and I don't think that there is anything wrong with your take. It's just that I have always preferred the younger more creative, more inventive, more team oriented Ronaldo and I think that his 22-23 years old version was the sweet spot. Mbappé is closer to an older Ronaldo who is objectively more efficient and from a scoring standpoint nearly impossible to stop in the final third but at the same time that player relied heavily on team setup and the ability of his teammates to break a defense and find him at the end.

And to be clear the older Ronaldo is an all time great, his ability to finish and put himself in finishing positions was incredible but to me it was a more limited and less enjoyable version than his younger self.

alexo1505

Supports
Barcelona
you guys overrate mbappe so much because of this WC, its incredible

he was invisible against england, against morocco and 80 minutes against argentina

he has been psgs 3rd best attacking player this season, i bet you can find a lot of posts about neymar and messi being better than him this year for psg.

now because of two penalty goals and one great strike hes suddenly better at 23 than ronaldo and can reach messis heights but a few months ago he wasnt better than haaland for most of you. both ronaldo and messi would have had obviously a lot more goals at WCs if they were french.

sometimes i feel like im reading facebook comments from random africans arguing about ronaldo and messi that watch only world cup and champions league finals.

OL29

he was invisible against england, against morocco and 80 minutes against argentina

he has been psgs 3rd best attacking player this season, i bet you can find a lot of posts about neymar and messi being better than him this year for psg.

now because of two penalty goals and one great strike hes suddenly better at 23 than ronaldo and can reach messis heights but a few months ago he wasnt better than haaland for most of you. both ronaldo and messi would have had obviously a lot more goals at WCs if they were french.

sometimes i feel like im reading facebook comments from random africans arguing about ronaldo and messi that watch only world cup and champions league finals.
What on earth has somebody's origin got to do with the credibility of their football opinion? Weird post.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Don't think he's underrated given he is rightfully considered the biggest talent on this next generation. Which top 10 all time greats don't have a fraction of his exploits at the highest level? Is it just to do with thr WC as there's more to football and there's many factors involved in cup competitions.

Yuri37

Yea he's mad, they unlocked Mbappé 2.0. He had 10 days like every other WC player, he's back one week early. I wouldnt want to be a Strasbourg fan next week.
..or a Bayern fan for that matter
The guy is literrally the MJ of football in term of mindset and i'm barely exagerating.

mu4c_20le

Barca fans :lol:

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Your comment seems like Facebook comment, ironically.

Also show the comments where people say Mbappe is the same level as GOAT Messi...i didn't read any.

People are just praising a magnificent player, but seems like that bothers you so you come here to diminish Mbappe.

Barca fan? Ha, your team is in the mud buddy, can't even past group stage in the UCl, better save that anger for the Europa League (that Barca won't win either).

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Chill a bit, he is having a hard time, Barca not getting out of group stage for 2 seasons in a row.
Now they are getting used to play UEL, that they won't win either.
It's even funnier when you remember Mbappé's last game at Camp Nou when he eviscerated Barcelona and scored 3 goals.

BarstoolProphet

Yes, Africans are known for only watching the big games.

alexo1505

Supports
Barcelona
Chill a bit, he is having a hard time, Barca not getting out of group stage for 2 seasons in a row.
Now they are getting used to play UEL, that they won't win either.
oh well, Ive been watching every barca and every psg game, im not frustrated with barca at all but i wont stop rooting for them because they have been poor.

doesnt change you guys overrate mbappe because of one match with two penalties. di maria and messi were a lot better. and he is not even psgs best player this season. really weird changing the topic to barca.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
oh well, Ive been watching every barca and every psg game, im not frustrated with barca at all but i wont stop rooting for them because they have been poor.

doesnt change you guys overrate mbappe because of one match with two penalties. di maria and messi were a lot better. and he is not even psgs best player this season. really weird changing the topic to barca.
Well your post had nasty undertones tbh. Not being PSG best player isn't a problem when the others have been incredible. He is still the top scorer in Ligue 1, Champions league and World Cup. So much overrating indeed, you wouldn't sleep all night if he signed for your club

JPRouve

Scout

Are you under the impression that everyone has the same opinion on this website? It's amazing that despite the ability to read plenty of threads, you still decided to imagine a situation that doesn't exist.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Honestly stuff like this is very admirable, you can't not respect that.
He's young and doesn't need a lot of rest versus a 30+ year old so it's kind of expected.

But going to training like he is, is a hallmark of a top top athlete.

JPRouve

Scout
He's young and doesn't need a lot of rest versus a 30+ year old so it's kind of expected.

But going to training like he is, is a hallmark of a top top athlete.
It's mainly that Mbappé is a maniac, last summer he was on a family holiday in Monaco and started to train early at the Monaco training ground. And he has been doing similar things almost every summer.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It's mainly that Mbappé is a maniac, last summer he was on a family holiday in Monaco and started to train early at the Monaco training ground. And he has been doing similar things almost every summer.
It's the big reason he will be at the top of the pile the next decade.