Kylian Mbappe | PSG

cyberman

We're getting closer to that awkward period when we'll be told we can't judge such a young player based on such a small period of time.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
150 million down the drain
Kylian Mbappe scores again!

(To the tune of the Martial chant)

In all seriousness, he will come good in the long run. He has too much talent not to.

Bwuk

Played 12, scored 4 and set up 4. Not bad at all.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Great young player but the hype was way over the top. People were saying he is world class already which he is not. Maybe it is just a run of bad form or maybe last season was a case of being a new talent and not knowing what to expect. Managers and defenders now know a lot more about him. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to changing what he does when his usual stuff doesn’t come off.

People saying he is levels above Rashford were exaggerating. Mbappe is a great talent but he isn’t way ahead.

Played 12, scored 4 and assisted 4.

Rashford: Played 15 scored 7 assists 5

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They are both shite attempts to build it into something it is not tbf
At least you can understand the spanish version, Real and Barcelona are actually historical rivals. PSG and Marseille aren't, they have barely been at the top at the same time.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That's not what I meant. In France this fixture is refered as "Le classico", basically a shit copy of the Spanish name. I don't get it why English medias translate into "Le classique". If anything they're being more sensible than French media by using a French word
It's also sometimes called "Le Classique" in France too, naturally foreign media won't call it "Classico".

As for Mbappé he's been excellent overall this season but noone chains ballon d'or performance every game.

JPRouve

Scout
On Mbappé, there is no problem. Last year when used wide, he was good but not as good as he was in the middle, PSG are basically using him in a role that isn't his best. That's why Monaco was a better place for him, he would have been the undisputed striker in a good team.

IrishRedDevil

We're getting closer to that awkward period when we'll be told we can't judge such a young player based on such a small period of time.
:D

Likely from the same people who told us he is the next Messi/Ronaldo from the same small period of time.

djdhrubs

Great while it lasted. Shame it all went to pot. I blame his attitude.

Decomposing In Paris

On Mbappé, there is no problem. Last year when used wide, he was good but not as good as he was in the middle, PSG are basically using him in a role that isn't his best. That's why Monaco was a better place for him, he would have been the undisputed striker in a good team.
Been saying this since his move.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Apparently it's not the English, this time, but L'Equipe themselves who tried to francisée Clasico
Since Dortmund vs. Bayern somehow got to be the „Klassiker“ every matchup can have a fancy title I assume.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That’s more than Lingard in the whole of last season but then Jesse runs about a lot brilliantly......
What the smeg has a £150m teenage striker playing in another league got to do with Lingard?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Great young player but the hype was way over the top. People were saying he is world class already which he is not. Maybe it is just a run of bad form or maybe last season was a case of being a new talent and not knowing what to expect. Managers and defenders now know a lot more about him. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to changing what he does when his usual stuff doesn’t come off.

People saying he is levels above Rashford were exaggerating. Mbappe is a great talent but he isn’t way ahead.

Played 12, scored 4 and assisted 4.

Rashford: Played 15 scored 7 assists 3
In a harder league as well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That’s more than Lingard in the whole of last season but then Jesse runs about a lot brilliantly......
?

That's a weird post. Nobody compares Jesse to Mbappe or even think that they're in the same class.

Also please for God's sake stop with the Rashford comparisons.

JPRouve

Scout
Apparently it's not the English, this time, but L'Equipe themselves who tried to francisée Clasico
If I remember correctly Lequipe and other media changed it to Le Classique because there were complains about the fact that a french game had no business being named in spanish and that it wasn't even the equivalent of Real Barcelona.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
?

That's a weird post. Nobody compares Jesse to Mbappe or even think that they're in the same class.

Also please for God's sake stop with the Rashford comparisons.
Agree. This is getting ridiculous.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A lot of people waiting for him to do bad here it seems.
I'm still bitter but even I, can admit that he isn't even doing badly.
Why is it so weird to hope that talents at other clubs getting massive hype don't end up living up to that hype? I personally hope that every young prodigy at every club that isn't Manchester United hits a plateau as soon as possible and stays there for the foreseeable future.

That said, drawing long term conclusions about how good a teenager may or may not turn out to be after a month or two of poor form is absolutely ridiculous.

JPRouve

Scout
Why is it so weird to hope that talents at other clubs getting massive hype don't end up living up to that hype? I personally hope that every young prodigy at every club that isn't Manchester United hits a plateau as soon as possible and stays there for the foreseeable future.

That said, drawing long term conclusions about how good a teenager may or may not turn out to be after a month or two of poor form is absolutely ridiculous.
I don't see football negatively, in fact I don't see sport negatively. I want United to be the best, I want United players to be the best but I'm also glad if other players fulfill their potential because I love football and I strongly believe that a strong adversity is good for United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't see football negatively, in fact I don't see sport negatively. I want United to be the best, I want United players to be the best but I'm also glad if other players fulfill their potential because I love football and I strongly believe that a strong adversity is good for United.
I strongly disagree with the last clause of your final sentence (because it makes no logical sense) but understand the first part of your post. I just can't relate to it. Feck everyone else. All the enjoyment I get from football is from watching my own team play well (with occasional schadenfreude from watching rivals play badly)

razornoir

Supports
PSG
His game against Marseille was shit and there is no defending, it wasn't just about being tired.

But he is young and certainly don't have the fitness to play game after game 75 or 90 minutes.
The club play him too much I think, it's not because he cost 180m that you have to display him on every games, we have Neymar for that. He should rotate more with Di Maria.

Reactions: KM