Kylian Mbappe | PSG

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Honestly it's like so many people are just waiting for a kid to play bad for a few games so they go "Hah!! told you so!!". These players (Mbappe, Rashord, Martial) are still kids! At this stage being "dropped" is completely normal and they still have a chance to be world class footballers.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Honestly it's like so many people are just waiting for a kid to play bad for a few games so they go "Hah!! told you so!!". These players (Mbappe, Rashord, Martial) are still kids! At this stage being "dropped" is completely normal and they still have a chance to be world class footballers.
And at the opposite end of the spectrum, you have fan boys akin to Trump voters who just blindly excuse things or make up excuses to maintain the belief that somebody is the best player ever to play the game.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
And at the opposite end of the spectrum, you have fan boys akin to Trump voters who just blindly excuse things or make up excuses to maintain the belief that somebody is the best player ever to play the game.
Not sure what you're referring to but I don't have an issue with someone desperately wanting a player to succeed. Wanting them to fail just confuses me.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Lot of excuses in there. Lots of players transfer clubs and residency. Especially at a young age. In fact it happens more at a young age than an older age when they're transferred between clubs, farmed out on loan, come back, reloaned elsewhere etc. It's a poor excuse, it doesn't put everybody into bad form. Other kids are playing every game for their club too.

It's okay to just say someone is having a run of bad form, it happens to all players. No need to invent excuses and make out that they have more of a significant effect than they actually do.
Excuses? No i'm not excusing his bad form, I'm rebuttling the opinion of yours that an 18 yr old player, who's played 50 games last season excluding intl duty, can be tired and worn out. Is that not a reasonable assumption?

Can you give an example of another player who has played this much games under the age of 18, at top level football and is performing perfectly?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Exactly.

You know how to twist some posts to your convenience :)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A lot of people waiting for him to do bad here it seems.
A lot of people bitter that there's a younger and better player than Rashford out there. They've had to wait an entire year for a dip in form from the boy to come out of the woods. It's actually hilarious.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
I don't see football negatively, in fact I don't see sport negatively. I want United to be the best, I want United players to be the best but I'm also glad if other players fulfill their potential because I love football and I strongly believe that a strong adversity is good for United.
Could not agree more. Really strange post by Pogue Mahone

AshRK

A lot of people bitter that there's a younger and better player than Rashford out there. They've had to wait an entire year for a dip in form from the boy to come out of the woods. It's actually hilarious.
Its also sad how many want Rashford to do bad and underrate anything he does.

Pyro19

Its also sad how many want Rashford to do bad and underrate anything he does.
United fans on a United forum wanting a United player to do well over a PSG Player ?

Bitters!

Pogbasky

Anyone who is still questioning Mbappe's world class talent should start watching netball instead.

razornoir

Supports
PSG
Is that true? Is there anyone who wants Rashford to do badly?

Don't play it surprised. There will be always fan that would want a player to flop, so that they can comfort their opinions of him.

You can see that well I'm the Rahsford/Martial fight here.

Like " oh no i don't want him to fail BUT...."

You see that everywhere.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I don't see football negatively, in fact I don't see sport negatively. I want United to be the best, I want United players to be the best but I'm also glad if other players fulfill their potential because I love football and I strongly believe that a strong adversity is good for United.
Same

cyberman

Kind of harsh painting the posters who somehow didn't believe an 18 year old with 6 months experience was the second coming of Ronaldo and Messi as the unreasonable fans.

cyberman

@Keeps It tidy
No, its not. He was hyped as the heir to Ronaldo at Madrid, He versus Neymar would be the next generations Messi v Ronaldo.
He was the greatest teenager we've ever seen. The only reason he hadn't taken over an international tournament ala teenage Rooney was because he simply hadn't played in one yet.
Just search this forum alone, then remember he moved for 180m last summer.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It is not that people want him to fail or do bad or even question his world class talent. It is being proved right that he is not world class yet. Especially when people were saying things such as “he would walk into any team in the world” and that “he is better than Cavani, Diego Costa and Higuain”.

Brightonian

That is a strawman.
Not really, obviously people weren't daft enough to use those exact words but plenty were calling him nailed on to win the Balon d'Or, which is the same thing. Pro pundits claiming he's the best teenager ever.

People are overreacting to his dip in form by about the same distance they overreacted to his first six months of football. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's a good experiment: someone mention that he 'looks a bit heavy'. Give it three months, and it will be accepted fact that he's fat, lazy and 'will never make it with that attitude'.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't play it surprised. There will be always fan that would want a player to flop, so that they can comfort their opinions of him.

You can see that well I'm the Rahsford/Martial fight here.

Like " oh no i don't want him to fail BUT...."

You see that everywhere.
You can't not be surprised, Rashford is a talented player with a great attitude, not rooting for him would be stupid, particularly when you are fan of United. Also right or wrong our opinions are worth nothing, we mainly base them on very little elements compared to professionals who routinely make the mistake of underrating or overrating players.

Edit: Also the overreaction is ridiculous, he isn't playing badly.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Not really, obviously people weren't daft enough to use those exact words but plenty were calling him nailed on to win the Balon d'Or, which is the same thing. Pro pundits claiming he's the best teenager ever.

People are overreacting to his dip in form by about the same distance they overreacted to his first six months of football. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's a good experiment: someone mention that he 'looks a bit heavy'. Give it three months, and it will be accepted fact that he's fat, lazy and 'will never make it with that attitude'.
M'bappé could become a top player but everybody knows that players like Ronaldo, Messi, Cristiano, Henry...are untouchable.

That said, Owen won the Ballon d'Or and he wasn't one of the greatest strikers in the history of the game.
The same for Paolo Rossi, a man of big-match pedigree.
Belanov was a strange case
Weah - a man of spectacular goals above all - won it also ~ 220 goals in his career**

**a player like Cavani already scored more than 340 goals as a professional footballer. Eto'o ~ 400 goals.... Cristiano & Messi ~ 600.... Puskas ~700 ...

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Can PSG still pull out of buying him seeing as it is only a loan at the moment?

£160 million is an insane fee for any 18 year old.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
@Maradona10 at best, but not much posters.
No, i always said he wasnt as talented as mbappe and at present he would start only for lower league teams as main striker, while i have always said his hardwork will make him punch above his talent and maybe even make a great striker out of him. I would be very happy if that happens, but i just dont see him as a top player yet and see martial as more naturally talented.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There is absolutely nothing to question when it comes to Mbappe's talent
We all acknowledge his talent. However we are in disagreement about whether or not it will be realized. Talent itself is only one part of the equation - hard work and heart are the others. Its what separates CR7 from Quaresma. The verdict is still out on whether Mbappe has the other two characteristics.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We all acknowledge his talent. However we are in disagreement about whether or not it will be realized. Talent itself is only one part of the equation - hard work and heart are the others. Its what separates CR7 from Quaresma. The verdict is still out on whether Mbappe has the other two characteristics.
Surely no one knows the future Raoul, surely?:)

Schneckerl

Talent itself is only one part of the equation - hard work and heart are the others. Its what separates CR7 from Quaresma. The verdict is still out on whether Mbappe has the other two characteristics.
Except there is nothing which suggest that Mbappe is like Quaresma or any other player with red flags all of the place.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Except Mbappe is nothing like Quaresma or any other player with red flags all of the place.
He isn't but he still has all his work ahead of him to prove that he's a fraction as good as his hype. In the mean time, its probably a good idea to not get too excited about something that may never happen.

twitter thread suggester
Raoul have you seriously edited the title just to make your agenda stronger? :lol: