Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Schneckerl

He isn't but he still has all his work ahead of him to prove that he's a fraction as good as his hype. In the mean time, its probably a good idea to not get too excited about something that may never happen.
Can't predict the future, people are saying he is one of the best 18 year old we've seen in years. That's something what already happened and won't change no matter what - turns 19 in december.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't predict the future, people are saying he is one of the best 18 year old we've seen in years. That's something what already happened and won't change no matter what - turns 19 in december.
He's definitely one of the better 18 year olds we've seen in a while. Let's see how he fares in his first year at PSG.

Pogbasky

We all acknowledge his talent. However we are in disagreement about whether or not it will be realized. Talent itself is only one part of the equation - hard work and heart are the others. Its what separates CR7 from Quaresma. The verdict is still out on whether Mbappe has the other two characteristics.
Lol. Ok bro

Pogbasky

He isn't but he still has all his work ahead of him to prove that he's a fraction as good as his hype. In the mean time, its probably a good idea to not get too excited about something that may never happen.
I honestly don't think you've watched much of Mbappe

RooneyLegend

If what I saw last night is poor form the god knows what good form is, the boy is special.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Or better yet, future GOAT updates.
I guess I'm a hipster because I consider him as a promising talent. Henry was the latest great French striker. Benzema is very good but did nothing with France. M'bappé is a healthy player, which is a good starting point for the rest of his career.

The question is: who are the best under 21 offensive players? Dembélé, Rashford, Martial, Delle Alli, M'bappé,...

These players are learning the job and are POTENTIALLY the stars of the 2020s.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I guess I'm a hipster because I consider him as a promising talent. Henry was the latest great French striker. Benzema is very good but did nothing with France.
M'bappé is a healthy player, which is a good starting point for the rest of his career.

The question is: who are the best under 21 offensive players? Dembélé, Rashford, Martial, Delle Alli, M'bappé,...

Definitely agree with all the players you listed. Some will do better than others imo

El Pasillo

I guess I'm a hipster because I consider him as a promising talent. Henry was the latest great French striker. Benzema is very good but did nothing with France. M'bappé is a healthy player, which is a good starting point for the rest of his career.

Eh... I'd rather say Benzema is a great player who is actually 5th highest scorer in UCL history and has better ratio than Henry himself in that competition. And it's even more impressive when you consider that Benzema had to compete with Higuain/Adebayor for playing time, being 3rd fiddle in Madrid's attacking line since Bale's arrival.

And regarding Benzema's contributions for France, I disagree. IIRC, he completed the 3rd most dribbles for all players, and had most chances created in the French team. Reminder that in 2012 this was the peak of (by their standards) the shitty French NT with average L1 players being called to be starters. Also, Benzema helped France qualifying for World Cup in Brazil and was their best playing in the tournament.

I'd be interesting to see him playing with Pogba, Griezmann who're much more matured and others from that French golden generation.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Eh... I'd rather say Benzema is a great player who is actually 5th highest scorer in UCL history and has better ratio than Henry himself in that competition. And it's even more impressive when you consider that Benzema had to compete with Higuain/Adebayor for playing time, being 3rd fiddle in Madrid's attacking line since Bale's arrival.

And regarding Benzema's contributions for France, I disagree. IIRC, he completed the 3rd most dribbles for all players, and had most chances created in the French team. Reminder that in 2012 this was the peak of (by their standards) the shitty French NT with average L1 players being called to be starters. Also, Benzema helped France qualifying for World Cup in Brazil and was their best playing in the tournament.

I'd be interesting to see him playing with Pogba, Griezmann who're much more matured and others from that French golden generation.
You're right to say Benzema is a great player. Great stats and impressive consistency. Of course, he should be the CF of France instead of Giroud and it's a pity not to see the association Griezmann-Benzema-Dembélé-M'Bappé :(

That said, he was given the opportunity to be the main man of that France team by ALL the previous national teams coaches - including Deschamps - in the last 10 years. Indeed, his 1st cap was in 2007. It means something is wrong with him: I don't want to elaborate on this point via diverse examples but look at his role in the Valbuena scandal. Also, what was his impact at the Euro 08, WC 10 (not selected because of his "communication skills" I'd say), Euro 12 and the WC 14?

You like stats ;) so I can say Benzema didn't score a single goal in 12 consecutive games with France i.e.1,222 consecutive minutes. Henry is the #1 top scorer with France: 51 goals versus 27 for Benzema. Henry was both a great player (instrumental at the Euro 00 and WC 98 victories, the WC 06) and a great man :angel:.You mention the stats of Henry but please don't ignore the context: Arsenal team versus the super power Real Madrid, not the same competitive landscape.

You say France 2012 was shitty but it's the role of a great player to make everybody - including the NT coach - better.

To sum up my views, Benzema can only blame himself not to have played the Euro 16 at home and not to be part of the next World Cup.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Stayed out of this thread 'til I saw the title change - WTF? :lol: :lol:
The starting point was that the newspaper Lequipe had decided that M'bappé should be on the bench against Anderlect to let Di Maria play. Of course, he wasn't on the bench last Wednesday.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So was he dropped after his headline or not?

There's also many claiming he could the greatest ever, or that he's definitely the next Messi/one of the greats level player. To me, it appears too early for that. Especially given week in week out he's playing in a league weaker than the other top talents around and is in a better team than most of them.

But it appears there's as many who are extremely dismissive of him as well.

Charles Miller

I watched all their games. His trying to find his place and needs to be more selfish sometimes.
But if some people are expecting him to flop you better give up.
Even when he is in "poor form" he is able to toy with Bayern Munich defense.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The pass was that clever/good than "shit defending"

Good finish also.
Pass was absolutely good, but the only way the pass happens is if that run comes in-behind the defender.
The defender saw (or should have seen) the moment from M'bappe and should have reacted, instead he did absolutely nothing. That and there were 2 players who could've gone out and made it harder for Alves(?) to pin-point that cross.

Good from the attackers, terrible from the defenders.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There is a reason why the defender plays for Angers.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It's a hard skill to volley that when it's coming from behind you and get decent contact.

Yes, shit defending but he still had to finish from the good pass.