Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Both overrating and discrediting of Mbappe have happened in this thread. Though he's mostly overrated.

And from what I've observed @Raoul has taken the Mbappe over hyping a bit personally because of how he's perceived as superior talent to Rashford(which he is despite being overrated) and that's why he's quick to change the thread title as soon as the kid went a bit quiet.

Beside that, what truly baffled me was hearing the likes of Ferdinand and Gerrard label him as world class after his showing against Bayern. I mean I expect fans and fanboys to write some silly stuff and act so kneejerk like and call him the next Messi but people being paid to be professional pundits, analysts etc shouldn't show such ignorance.
I guess it's based on the assumptions that:

- Bayern is one of the greatest clubs in the world
- Germany is a leading football country that won the last World Cup and that Bayern is the main historical provider of players for the Mannshaft.

On a more serious note, "world class" means nothing and everything. Each football fan has his own and personal definition of "world class".

Suffice to read the following thread

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-so-called-world-class-player.427295/

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's thoroughly laughable that Rashford is compared to him. Only on a united forum. Ask any other fan and they will tell you Rashdord isn't a quarter of the talent Mbappe is.
When i see Rashford compared favorably to Mbappe all i think about is those nut job Arsenal fans who thought Walcott and Messi were at a similar level this time 10 years ago. I actually like Rashford, his pace, pressing and timing of runs can be a huge asset if used correctly but he isn't a patch on Mbappe and never will be.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
M'bappé and Rashford are two different stories, 2 independent stories.

One plays for England/United and the other France/PSG.

It's puerile to discredit one in order to highlight the other one.

In 2018/2019, it would make more sense to compare these emerging players

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
M'bappé and Rashford are two different stories, 2 independent stories.

One plays for England/United and the other France/PSG.

It's puerile to discredit one in order to highlight the other one.

In 2018/2019, it would make more sense to compare these emerging players
Most United fans rightly think Mbappe is the bigger talent. Mbappe might very well be a generational talent, Rashford isn't at that level.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
When i see Rashford compared favorably to Mbappe all i think about is those nut job Arsenal fans who thought Walcott and Messi were at a similar level this time 10 years ago. I actually like Rashford, his pace, pressing and timing of runs can be a huge asset if used correctly but he isn't a patch on Mbappe and never will be.
If you think the difference between Rashford and Mbappé is comparable to Walcott and Messi then there’s little hope for you.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Most United fans rightly think Mbappe is the bigger talent. Mbappe might very well be a generational talent, Rashford isn't at that level.
Rashford is really emerging this season. The right environment to quickly develop his game in the next 18 months.

Well, we need a Champions League Semi-Final between United and PSG :drool:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Rashford is really emerging this season. The right environment to develop his game.

Well, we need a Champions League Semi-Final between United and PSG :drool:
Rashford is in the bracket just below Mbappe and Dembele together with players like Martial, Sane and Asensio. Sane might be knocking on the door of the very top tier though, the clown haired bastard :mad:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
See this is the problem with posters, they go on extremes. Like I mentioned earlier Mbappe is both overrated and underrated, depending whose post one read.

Though it's clear based on this thread he's mostly overrated. The overhyping of Mbappe far outweight the underrating going on.

The worst that has been said about Mbappe's is equating Rashford's talent or quality to his and while that is certainly not true given he's clearly the superior talent and player as things stand, it's not anywhere near as absurd as claiming that Rashford doesn't have a quarter of his talent or Mbappe being a generational talent in the same bracket as a Messi or R9.

Which sounds more absurd?

- Rashford talent being compared or equated to Mbappe's or

- Mbappe's talent being compared to the like of generational talent such as Messi and R9.

It's pretty clear that Mbappé is far more overrated than underrated. Not to mention it's the vast majority in this thread that goes on claims such as him being world class already, Messi level of talent than the few people that believe Rashford is as good as him.

Anyways claiming that Mbappé is Messi level of talent and already world class is far more outrageous than claiming that Rashford is Mbappé level of talent.

Deleted member 101472

See this is the problem with posters, they go on extremes. Like I mentioned earlier Mbappe is both overrated and underrated, depending whose post one read.

Though it's clear based on this thread he's mostly overrated. The overhyping of Mbappe far outweight the underrating going on.

The worst that has been said about Mbappe's is equating Rashford's talent or quality to his and while that is certainly not true given he's clearly the superior talent and player as things stand, it's not anywhere near as absurd as claiming that Rashford doesn't have a quarter of his talent or Mbappe being a generational talent in the same bracket as a Messi or R9.

- Mbappe's talent being compared to the like of generational talent such as Messi and R9.

It's pretty clear that Mbappé is far more overrated than underrated. Not to mention it's the vast majority in this thread that goes on claims such as him being world class already, Messi level of talent than the few people that believe Rashford is as good as him.

Anyways claiming that Mbappé is Messi level of talent and already world class is far more outrageous than claiming that Rashford is Mbappé level of talent.

Has one person said mbappe is actually at messi levels?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The guy was 18 and a few months old and he was torturing some of the best teams in the world in the greatest stage in club football last season. Who in the history of football has done that as consistently as he's been doing at 18 years old? He's moved teams and he's continued right where he left off.

If this isn't how a generational player looks like then I don't know what is.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Has one person said mbappe is actually at messi levels?
You know, when there is a consensus like " He has a great potential", then some people feel the need to say the fully opposite by any means.

There is a name for this rhetorical figure that some employ. Will find it another day

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Posting his highlights from today, get it while it's hot.

Dante

Average bang
It's the long legs. I always found the way he runs quite odd.
It's not his legs. It's his arms. He's incredibly limp-wristed. And I mean that in a literal sense, rather than as a slur. His hands flop about all over the place.

I agree that it looks really weird for a top athlete to run with that upper body form.

izec

The guy was 18 and a few months old and he was torturing some of the best teams in the world in the greatest stage in club football last season. Who in the history of football has done that as consistently as he's been doing at 18 years old? He's moved teams and he's continued right where he left off.

If this isn't how a generational player looks like then I don't know what is.
Pretty much. He will win multiple ballon d‘ors if he stays healthy. It is not even a debate, the guy is the next big thing and will dominate football in the 2020‘s.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nothing like 2 goals and an assist against Angers to get the spirits going again. He has been going through a rough patch, but I still felt he brought something to almost every bad game he's had (and there have been few). It's one of the key differences I feel between Martial and Mbappe at the moment. When Martial has a rough game, he sometimes disappears, whereas with Mbappe, I feel that almost never happens and he'll make a couple of things happen for his team, similar to Rashford.

Serious question for the caf, has anyone had a brighter start to their career that you've seen in recent history? The guy has broken numerous records in both the league he's started his career in and the Champion's League, records that have stood for decades. None of this means he's going to win multiple Ballon d'Ors like Izec and others have suggested, but I don't know of any player that's done this much this early on an individual level.

Deleted member 101472

Nothing like 2 goals and an assist against Angers to get the spirits going again. He has been going through a rough patch, but I still felt he brought something to almost every bad game he's had (and there have been few). It's one of the key differences I feel between Martial and Mbappe at the moment. When Martial has a rough game, he sometimes disappears, whereas with Mbappe, I feel that almost never happens and he'll make a couple of things happen for his team, similar to Rashford.

Serious question for the caf, has anyone had a brighter start to their career that you've seen in recent history? The guy has broken numerous records in both the league he's started his career in and the Champion's League, records that have stood for decades. None of this means he's going to win multiple Ballon d'Ors like Izec and others have suggested, but I don't know of any player that's done this much this early on an individual level.
Has he scored on his league, league cup, champions league, Europa League, international and Manchester derby Debuts?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

This rarely ever happens with Martial too. It's just that he never looks like he's breaking a sweat. Even on off days he'll usually manage to do a few good things like all top talents. Obviously neither Martial or Rashford play in a top attacking team like PSG so days like the Huddersfield when the team plays like turd and can barely move the ball around is possible whereas PSG dominate pretty much every game they play on the ball.

LoneStar

He's a great talent, will definetly be a top player. But I would judge him mostly in the CL. I mean, the defending in that Angers game is pretty bad.

Looks most deadly when they are playing a counter attack. He is certainly better than Rashford, though some people are exaggerating the difference too much.

Arka_BleedingRed

Rashford is in the bracket just below Mbappe and Dembele together with players like Martial, Sane and Asensio. Sane might be knocking on the door of the very top tier though, the clown haired bastard :mad:
Ok. Legit question. How come Pulisic isn't there in that group? And how come Dembele is with Mbappe at the very top?

Mbappe might be overrated by some, but I think Ousmane is grossly overrated by many, just because he is a flashier player. Technically, he is on par with Martial and maybe better than Mbappe, but decision making and end product wise, he is surely behind Mbappe and probably even Pulisic. For now, I would put Mbappe at the topmost tier due to his sheer consistency in scoring, creating goals and his mature decision making. In the tier below, there would be Pulisic, Dembele, Martial, Gabriel Jesus, Sane, Rashford, Asensio.

Any and everyone of them have the ability to join Mbappe at the topmost tier in terms of potential, but at present, they are all lacking something or the other in order to make that jump.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Neither sounds absurd. Rashford doesn't look as talented as Mbappé, who at least to me, doesn't look as talented as Ronnie or Messi. Doesn't mean comparing them's absurd. Rashford has repeatedly shown flashes of ability comparable to Mbappê. Mbappé at 18 is a better and more complete player than Messi...

But why? What's the criteria to judge a player's ability?

The entire counter-argument essentially boils down to "he's 18, you can't be world class at 18".

Have you seen him play, consistently? How many players have played at a higher level, more consistently than him in 2017?

Needham

Posting his highlights from today, get it while it's hot.
French league looks soft and half paced, Mbappe runs like he's protecting drying nail varnish on his left hand, his simulations are embarrassing, nice to see he has 2 feet.

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
Ok. Legit question. How come Pulisic isn't there in that group? And how come Dembele is with Mbappe at the very top?

Mbappe might be overrated by some, but I think Ousmane is grossly overrated by many, just because he is a flashier player. Technically, he is on par with Martial and maybe better than Mbappe, but decision making and end product wise, he is surely behind Mbappe and probably even Pulisic. For now, I would put Mbappe at the topmost tier due to his sheer consistency in scoring, creating goals and his mature decision making. In the tier below, there would be Pulisic, Dembele, Martial, Gabriel Jesus, Sane, Rashford, Asensio.

Any and everyone of them have the ability to join Mbappe at the topmost tier in terms of potential, but at present, they are all lacking something or the other in order to make that jump.
Yeah calling someone who had 10 goals and 20 assists in 49 games at the age of 19 is end - product lacking ? Are you serious dude ? Dembele was among the top assists player across Europe. He also produced 2,3 key passes/ game. That's what you call "lack of end product" ?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well, more one post about Mbappé. :D

I am going to repeat what I said 8 or 9 months ago, I had the chance to see Mbappé for the first time in a Euro under 19 semifinal vs Portugal, at the time he was 17, don't remember any player having the same impact with his age since Neymar, Messi or Cristiano, the only one who was better with 17 was Ronaldo Fenómeno from Brazil.

Of course doesn't mean nothing, but if he doesn't have bad luck with injuries I can see him in 2020 being in contention for Balon D'Or, regarding PSG reaching the last stages on Champions League, no reason why they can't, with their financial background.

May seem to some I am overrating him, but it is only a personal opinion.

Based on natural talent, decision making with his age, and last he doesn't seem mentaly weak on the big stage, like he proved against City last season or even with Juventus, not to mention this season vs Bayern.

Let's wait and see, instead of trying to compare him with Rashford maybe it would be better to judge him at Champions League level and performing for French NT, but there is no reason to see why can' t he develop into one of the best if not the best if he stays at PSG, if players like Weah, Ginola or Valdo were class on the 90's playing for PSG, why can't he be the same?

Too much obsession here if someone plays for PSG or Bayern he can't be World Class, only if they play in Real Madrid, Barcelona or EPL, complete nonsense, if you compete against the best in the strongest club competition in the world imo, and you are beating them or at least matching them performance wise, why shouldn't you be considered the best?

May seem biased, like I said before, I think the kid is going to be special, maybe he will not fulfill the expectations around him, but the first time I watched Neymar at Santos toying with them in Brasil, Messi destroying Chelsea with 18, or Cristiano with 18 destroying the poor John O'Shea with 18 on a friendly between Sporting and United, I believe Mbappé belongs in the same category.

The only one who was above them was Ronaldo Fenómeno, unfortunately didn't had the chance to see Maradona with 18, but you don't need to see God playing football to know comparing anyone with Maradona is a football heresy. :D

More one for controversy. :lol:

Arka_BleedingRed

Yeah calling someone who had 10 goals and 20 assists in 49 games at the age of 19 is end - product lacking ? Are you serious dude ? Dembele was among the top assists player across Europe. He also produced 2,3 key passes/ game. That's what you call "lack of end product" ?
Please learn to read the posts properly. I had clearly mentioned that amongst the top talents in World Football, his end product and decision making ability is behind Mbappe and probably Pulisic and you take it to mean End product lacking! I remember a certain 19 year old playing in EPL the first time, notching up 17 goals and 8 assists playing for a team that was poor attacking wise. Would or wouldn't the argument that you posted above be applied to that guy?

Playing for a free flowing attacking team like Dortmund helps a lot, especially in Bundesliga, where teams don't sit back as much against Dortmund, as they do here in the EPL. After coming back from the injury, Ousmane needs to show the same consistency for Barcelona as shown by Mbappe in order to join him at the topmost rung. All said and done, as I have mentioned in the previous post too, everyone in the tier below is capable of reaching that World Class level of potential, depending on their mentality and development. Shows how scary good they all are.

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
Please learn to read the posts properly. I had clearly mentioned that amongst the top talents in World Football, his end product and decision making ability is behind Mbappe and probably Pulisic and you take it to mean End product lacking! I remember a certain 19 year old playing in EPL the first time, notching up 17 goals and 8 assists playing for a team that was poor attacking wise. Would or wouldn't the argument that you posted above be applied to that guy?

Playing for a free flowing attacking team like Dortmund helps a lot, especially in Bundesliga, where teams don't sit back as much against Dortmund, as they do here in the EPL. After coming back from the injury, Ousmane needs to show the same consistency for Barcelona as shown by Mbappe in order to join him at the topmost rung. All said and done, as I have mentioned in the previous post too, everyone in the tier below is capable of reaching that World Class level of potential, depending on their mentality and development. Shows how scary good they all are.
Yeah but in terms of raw potential, i would say Dembele and Mbappe is much better than everyone else except Martial, who's not far behind.