Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
One thing that impressed me is that, recently they highlighted the fact that he had 100 professional goals in his career (I think he's passed that now), and 91 of those were from open play. If he works on his free-kicks or eventually gets to be the penalty taker, he will have an even bigger output per season.

Marat

The big debate about him right now is to know if he is able to defend like Mane or B.Silva in order to keep the team's balance. Tuchel said that if Neymar and Mbappe could not do so, then the 442 with the 4 fantastics (Ney-Mbappe-DiMaria-Icardi) is to be forgotten. After the Madrid game (2-2 but outclassed) locker room leaders such as Marquinhos and Silva pointed out the lack of defensive involvment of Neymar and Mbappe.
It seems that they realized that, and willing to play with this seductive 442, they accepted to be involved in the defensive spirit, as shown in the last games. So if he's capable of doing that, taking liverpool guys as an exemple, it can be pretty nice to see. Tuchel succeed to get their attention on this one.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The big debate about him right now is to know if he is able to defend like Mane or B.Silva in order to keep the team's balance. Tuchel said that if Neymar and Mbappe could not do so, then the 442 with the 4 fantastics (Ney-Mbappe-DiMaria-Icardi) is to be forgotten. After the Madrid game (2-2 but outclassed) locker room leaders such as Marquinhos and Silva pointed out the lack of defensive involvment of Neymar and Mbappe.
It seems that they realized that, and willing to play with this seductive 442, they accepted to be involved in the defensive spirit, as shown in the last games. So if he's capable of doing that, taking liverpool guys as an exemple, it can be pretty nice to see. Tuchel succeed to get their attention on this one.
Mbappé isn't especially great at tracking back so works better in a front 2 doing a bit of pressing instead. Neymar also looks much more comfortable defending his wing in a 442 rather than a 433. That's one of the reasons why we look more balanced and much better overall this season since switching to 442.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Mbappé isn't especially great at tracking back so works better in a front 2 doing a bit of pressing instead. Neymar also looks much more comfortable defending his wing in a 442 rather than a 433. That's one of the reasons why we look more balanced and much better overall this season since switching to 442.
Neymar is much more comfortable now because he's fit and in a great mental shape, he could pretty much do the same in a 433 but didn't feel good enough (or simply didn't feel like it at the time) before. Same goes for Mbappé. They just seem to have turned on a switch for a couple of weeks.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It was the same last season when 442 became our main system. Other factors are that our midfield isn't that creative in a 433 and the Neymar/Mbappé chemistry is wasted when they play on opposite wings.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The kid almost scored one of the goals of the year. Impressive generosity tonight against a crippled St Etienne team, 2 assists for Icardi and a goal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So a wasted opportunity if he hadn't been a twat and used his left foot. If you were his coach, you'd tear him a new one.
It is 6-1 I guess, but yeah it's a bit 'Balotelli'. Imagine if it came off though...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It is 6-1 I guess, but yeah it's a bit 'Balotelli'. Imagine if it came off though...
On top of that, he gave 2 great assists to Icardi when he could have tried to score himself, nobody will blame it for that, he had a very altruistic game. Why not try something like that if you think you can make it? And he was close, no guarantee he would have done better with his left foot.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
On top of that, he gave 2 great assists to Icardi when he could have tried to score himself, nobody will blame it for that, he had a very altruistic game. Why not try something like that if you think you can make it? And he was close, no guarantee he would have done better with his left foot.
At 6-1 you'd say go for it, why not? Zlatan's amazing overhead kick came when Sweden were only 3-2 up, Rooney's against City was at 1-1 with 10 minutes left. Rivaldo's was in injury time with incredibly high stakes. If it comes off, it was the right decision. And if not? Well, you get shit for it. But it's 6-1, why not try your luck?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Its why you lot fall apart in Europe every year. This show boating crap eats into your menality when the going gets tough
There's no problem with showboating if it's efficient. Ronaldinho or Neymar can do tricks that look like showboating but can get rid of a defender. Mbpape can do that too occasionnaly (look at the pass he makes for Giroud against belgium during the world cup).
I would have been more pissed had he tried that in a situation when the team was lazy and not trying to get more goals or make efforts. In tonights game, they pushed for the whole 90mn and they were all firing on all cylinders. At one point in the middle of a very serious game with many occasions, if you feel like you can score something like that, i say go for it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm still annoyed we didn't go for Icardi, he was so gettable. But something about attitudes and stuff. :rolleyes:
At the moment we have nothing to complain about regarding Icardi. He even gets along with Di Maria (who's a Maxi Lopez friend). Even Wanda is pretty chill so far even if she said a couple of times that having Icardi play in France is rough for their family since they're still in Italy at the moment.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Look at the score... he's a kid, he was having fun, it's still a game right?
As somebody said earlier, it should be about creating a mentality and respecting your oponent, otherwise you end up like those exact bunch of feckwits did against us last year... out on their arse. Not sure if you remember Verrati and Di Maria taking the piss at Old Trafford instead of finishing the game off...

cyberman

He needs a big game in the second leg or its a few seasons in a row where hes failed to leave his mark on a CL campaign.
Staying in France has really slowed his development down

thepolice123

He needs a big game in the second leg or its a few seasons in a row where hes failed to leave his mark on a CL campaign.
Tbf he has constantly showed up for them in Europe. Its not his fault that PSG are bottlers in the knockout stages.

thepolice123

When though? Im actually struggling to think of a game here.
Last year against us and the Real Madrid the year before.

PSG are just shite in Europe. Everytime I watch them in Europe it felt like the whole team isn't accustomed to playing against elite teams.

Stadjer

Didnt he go past three players (with some luck) and assisted the goal today? Those are the moments that count during a knock out fase.... he 'turned up' by doing that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not sure. He's still super young and he's become a superstar over the last couple of seasons. He's looked pretty great every time I've watched them. But PSG is a bit disjointed and they struggle at times with the CL maybe because their own league doesn't push them enough - but he seems to always look a level above. I can't imagine Real Madrid have the money to get him out of PSG. Doubt the latter would take 2-3 Real rejects to lessen the cash payment.

When is his contract up?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think it's two years left and he's in no rush to talk to extend.

Simply can't believe he'll still be in the french league when he's 25.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Didnt he go past three players (with some luck) and assisted the goal today? Those are the moments that count during a knock out fase.... he 'turned up' by doing that.
Got a bit lucky with that run. From the highlights he didn't seem to do much else.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He'll probably only want to move to Madrid, but I'm not sure they have the money after committing to their Brazilian talents. If PSG do not advance in CL, Mbappe probably will be looking to get his move to Madrid, and Madrid might have to sell someone like Odegaard. Maybe PSG will be interested in buying Pogba if they sell him. Hmm, there might be some rare opportunities to get some real talents next couple of summers for clubs with big wallets like Man Utd.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I believe the World Cup success happened too soon to him and he has a very big ego now. He seems has attitude issue.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Swap his position with that of neymars yesterday for the tap in and this bump wouldn’t exist, right? But if you look at the actual goal, Mbappe did all the hard work....assists or underrated a lot of the time, it seems.

I’m not saying he had a great game because I watched most of the match and he was “ok” - nothing great (outside of the assist). But yeah, still created that crucial away goal.

RoyH1

I don't think he's going anywhere until after the world cup in Qatar. The Qataris need their prestige toys for their Parisian PR operation and selling Mbappé before 2022 would be a huge loss of face. And the PSG bosses have shown before that they're not afraid of letting a player sit for as long as it takes. They will not be bullied by agents or other clubs into selling.
I bet they renew him after the Euro's. They'll give him such an astronomical salary that the likes of Madrid, Juventus or Barsa (the only clubs I reckon he'd consider after PSG), will not be able to compete.

Pep's Suit

I believe the World Cup success happened too soon to him and he has a very big ego now. He seems has attitude issue.
He had HUGE ego even before when he was 16. Just good PR behind tried to make him look like some down to earth, intelligent kid who reads poems and so. But in reality he's probably as bad as Neymar.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Swap his position with that of neymars yesterday for the tap in and this bump wouldn’t exist, right? But if you look at the actual goal, Mbappe did all the hard work....assists or underrated a lot of the time, it seems.

I’m not saying he had a great game because I watched most of the match and he was “ok” - nothing great (outside of the assist). But yeah, still created that crucial away goal.
Not really true. He scored Vs us last season and people still say he was underwhelming in that tie, missing some great opportunities to kill the game.