Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It's absolutely impossible to determine that. It depends on each injury, player, treatment etc. Mbappé was pretty fit after lockdown, he's 21, nobody can say if it'll work or not. Of course it's not the most likely scenario but still.
I think Mbappe will be ok for the Atalanta match. He rolled his ankle so it will swell but it shouldn't be game over from him. All they will maybe need to do by the time the match comes around is to give him a couple of injections.

cyberman

It's absolutely impossible to determine that. It depends on each injury, player, treatment etc. Mbappé was pretty fit after lockdown, he's 21, nobody can say if it'll work or not. Of course it's not the most likely scenario but still.
Im talking match fitness, thats not impossible to determine at all. We have seen it with every game in the leagues that restarted

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm just happy and relieved to hear he didn't suffer any ligament damage. He's still a big doubt for the game against Atalanta, but if somehow PSG get past them, he'd definitely be available for the semi final. It'd be a shame to lose him like that after the amazing season he's had.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm just happy and relieved to hear he didn't suffer any ligament damage. He's still a big doubt for the game against Atalanta, but if somehow PSG get past them, he'd definitely be available for the semi final. It'd be a shame to lose him like that after the amazing season he's had.
He did, it wasn't ripped but there's some damage on part of the fibres.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He did, it wasn't ripped but there's some damage on part of the fibres.
Really? Everything I've read is saying nasty ankle sprain but no ligament damage. Where did you read this? I wonder what's the expected recovery time in that case.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A sprain is ligament damage.
Ah well I feel dumb now, so it's as Oly said then the ligament must be stretched but nothing torn, because the article was specifically saying no ligament damage but they probably meant no ligament tear, which I guess will speed up the recovery.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Ah well I feel dumb now, so it's as Oly said then the ligament must be stretched but nothing torn, because the article was specifically saying no ligament damage but they probably meant no ligament tear, which I guess will speed up the recovery.
Media apparently got the information that 1 of the muscular layers was partially torn, which isn't unusual in those injuries. I hard than a couple of times on RMC for exemple. Guess we have to wait and pray, he's in a good spiriit at least.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Mbappe at practice today, I'm pretty sure he'll be at least on the bench against Atalanta. Crazy recovery, apparently he worked non stop to be ready.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Generational. His composure and decision making under pressure, still injured, completely changed the complexion of PSG's Champions League tie with Atalanta.

You think about how Neymar was snatching at those 1v1s in the first half and Mbappe's mentality stands out all the more. He could be the difference for them this season and he's still a kid. Guess we should expect it after the maturity he showed in the 2018 World Cup final.

Womp

idiot
He's incredible. Having both Neymar and Mbappe is basically cheating. This might finally be the year it all comes together for them.

Generational. His composure and decision making under pressure, still injured, completely changed the complexion of PSG's Champions League tie with Atalanta.

You think about how Neymar was snatching at those 1v1s in the first half and Mbappe's mentality stands out all the more. He could be the difference for them this season and he's still a kid. Guess we should expect it after the maturity he showed in the 2018 World Cup final.
Can we ban the word generational.

Anything after that is just blah blah blah...

He’s a great player, we all know that.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I agree that he was good when introduced but let’s not ignore the three guilt-edged chances he squandered himself with the score at 1-0.

His finishing needs to improve to really get the numbers Messi and Ronaldo achieved for nigh-on ten seasons.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Showed heart and dedication to be able to come back this quickly and actually have a great impact on the game. This would have been a perfect game for him if he was fully fit because Atalanta was always going to struggle against him, but even half fit he was huge in this win.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I agree that he was good when introduced but let’s not ignore the three guilt-edged chances he squandered himself with the score at 1-0.

His finishing needs to improve to really get the numbers Messi and Ronaldo achieved for nigh-on ten seasons.
He's already matching their numbers for the last two seasons. He creates a lot of his chances, and his finishing rate is more or less what you expect from the best forwards.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I hope he will win the Champions league with Paris, and then join.... Manchester United to make you great again...He would be your undisputed King

Real Madrid is the most obvious choice though

Womp

idiot
I hope he will win the Champions league with Paris, and then join.... Manchester United to make you great again...He would be your undisputed King

I don't see him leaving anytime soon though. PSG have no need for money and he's head and shoulders above everyone else his age imo. His price would be far too much for clubs during the pandemic period

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

How is going the renewal?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't see him leaving anytime soon though. PSG have no need for money and he's head and shoulders above everyone else his age imo. His price would be far too much for clubs during the pandemic period
All he has to do is not sign an extension or put a clause in any renewal, which I feel he would do if he did sign one. He came to PSG at 18 to win a CL with them since it's his hometown, but Real Madrid has always been on the agenda, whether it's this summer or the next one.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He signed a 5-year-contract in 2017, he said he will stay until 2021 at least, so the idea is to be in a position to force a move next year

He can't leave the club as a free agent in 2022

E-mal

He signed a 5-year-contract in 2017, he said he will stay until 2021 at least, so the idea is to be in a position to force a move next year

He can't leave the club as a free agent in 2022
We will just be patient then and get him next year. Perhaps its ultimate design the Sancho deal has fallen through.

Front three including Martial and Mbappe, my God!!! Man can dream.

Irrational.

He's wasting his career at PSG. It's like giving an OAP an iPhone 11 Pro Max 512gb when all they want to do is make phone calls and send text messages.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
No progress. I am still convinced he will join you next year

I don't think the French league deserves him :)
On the contrary, I start to think that he will renew.
If Madrid didn't provoke an hostile situation with PSG I am not sure that they are interested in an end-of-contract situation.
Maybe he will renew with some kind of agreement, to leave in 2022

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's wasting his career at PSG. It's like giving an OAP an iPhone 11 Pro Max 512gb when all they want to do is make phone calls and send text messages.
A 21 years old player is wasting his career in a good club?

MetoTTT

We will just be patient then and get him next year. Perhaps its ultimate design the Sancho deal has fallen through.

Front three including Martial and Mbappe, my God!!! Man can dream.
Absolutely no chance!:lol: