Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Beyond the whole contract situation and LaLiga complaining, I can't for the life of me understand why Mbappe would want to stay with PSG.

Is winning a farmers league that no-one watches and getting routinely dumped of the CL in embarrassing fashion really that attractive? He has the potential to the best in the world, but he will never get that recognition playing in France, I feel.

I know the money is good, but it would certainly be good elsewhere as well.
Don't forget being booed by their own fans for the last games of the season... Ligue 1 is second rate and going by last season La Liga has also dropped off massively too, hence them throwing their toys of the pram. Desperate to get a star in to sell the league.

Obviously PSG drove more than a dump truck full of cash up to his house and political pressure probably applied. Him staying at PSG is probably good for the appeal of the premier league.

Surprised he's celebrated that goal in the video above, it's embarrassing, they're strolling around.

R'hllor

I find really funny this notion that all all guard clubs were built clean, everything is earned morally fair through their whole history.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No they aren’t. CAS and the leagues who’ve permitted sport washing projects are the embarrassment.
CAS have not done anything. The law backing FFP is weak. If you have a problem, it's with the EU.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
CAS have not done anything. The law backing FFP is weak. If you have a problem, it's with the EU.
Actually if you have a problem it is with the OECD.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Actually if you have a problem it is with the OECD.
https://scholarlycommons.law.emory.edu/eilr/vol29/iss4/4/#:~:text=FFP intends to introduce rationality,clearly violates EU competition law.
Remember reading this article some years back claiming FFP violates EU competition law. I always thought this was why UEFA were very uneasy about punishing the likes of City and PSG early on. For fear they would get shredded in court and the whole thing would be discarded.

RedDevilRoshi

I read somewhere he can sack managers ? That can’t be true?
Dont think that he has say on sacking managers as that will still be the Qatari owners final say but I think he has a say on any potential new signings.

Literally will be their new sporting director. Utter madness!

ForeverRed1

Dont think that he has say on sacking managers as that will still be the Qatari owners final say but I think he has a say on any potential new signings.

Literally will be their new sporting director. Utter madness!
he’ll just want to sign Ronaldo In that case, we all saw the pictures on the wall!;)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
https://scholarlycommons.law.emory.edu/eilr/vol29/iss4/4/#:~:text=FFP intends to introduce rationality,clearly violates EU competition law.
Remember reading this article some years back claiming FFP violates EU competition law. I always thought this was why UEFA were very uneasy about punishing the likes of City and PSG early on. For fear they would get shredded in court and the whole thing would be discarded.
EU competition laws are based on the OECD competition principles. It goes beyond the EU or any country.

Sara125

It would be crazy to turn down that money. We would all take it over whatever Real Madrid were offering.
You are so right. He would have to apply for the Spain equivalent of universal credit had he accepted, such were the peanuts on offer from RM

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So apparently whole footballing world dreams to play with Mbappe according to French media

Fooza

Whole thing is hilarious, I do enjoy PSG shafting RM. :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So apparently whole footballing world dreams to play with Mbappe according to French media
I don't really buy that...

I can imagine Real spending far more for Tchouameni than expected though, just to be sure a 2nd player they are interested in doesn't join PSG. Monaco must be very happy with the situation.

Classical Mechanic

[/QUOTE]

The Spanish media is bonkers. Staggeringly arrogant but quite comical with with it. Love the sinister lo-fi music in the background.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

The Spanish media is bonkers. Staggeringly arrogant but quite comical with with it. Love the sinister lo-fi music in the background.
I remember they did a similar piece about Eden Hazard when he smiled after a Chelsea v Real Madrid game. Utterly mental...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

This show is something else, I could never imagine Soccer Saturday speaking about players in this way.

cafecillos

El Chiringuito sums up everything that is wrong with football these days. The European Super League, the oil clubs, the insane money, all of that is less sad than a program like that being quite successful. Much of the football "fandom" in Spain is so incredibly dumb it's no wonder more and more moderate supporters and people really interested in the sport itself feel alienated. La Liga is in deep shite at the moment and El Chiringuito is both symptom and cause.

Rolaholic

Director Mbappe has been busy already, first Leonardo got sacked now this :lol:

Last edited:

cafecillos

One that thing that irks me, admittedly not only related to Mbappé's case, is the absolute certainty with which fans talk about amounts of money, contract clauses, terms and conditions, bonuses, etc. Is it because thay have seen the real documents with all those details and/or have been present during the negotiations? Of course not, they have no fecking clue, as do 99,99% of journos and social media ITKs. Everyone needs to pretend they know, it's frankly quite pathetic, really.

Schneckerl

Is the money a vast, massive factor that tipped the scale? Yeah, probably.

But there are other factors, too - I can see the appeal PSG has from a sporting perspective for Mbappe, born in Paris.
The squad is competitive, French clubs are historically underachieving in club football, and it would be a big deal if he leads them to a CL.
So I can see that this is something that would matter to him personally.

Kylian would have way more power and influence than at Real Madrid, too, where he would be just another prominent player in a lengthy list of legends - who were quickly disposed of when not needed anymore.

cyberman

El Chiringuito sums up everything that is wrong with football these days. The European Super League, the oil clubs, the insane money, all of that is less sad than a program like that being quite successful. Much of the football "fandom" in Spain is so incredibly dumb it's no wonder more and more moderate supporters and people really interested in the sport itself feel alienated. La Liga is in deep shite at the moment and El Chiringuito is both symptom and cause.
When you sell your league on Barca v Madrid having the best players in the world on show, it really hits the appeal when they simply don't. Its amazing how boyhood dreams aren't as important now when Madrid or Barca cant spend world record fees and pay 600k a week.
I would say that propaganda works a treat since you still have fans saying theyre impossible to turn down in 2022

dinostar77

Two of the RM players who won 10, 11, 12, 13 won ballon d'ors for it, a third one has a good chance of winning it this year (for his performance this season, but also because of everything he's won before). A solid chunk of the CL winning squad are considered modern-day legends of the game (Ronaldo, Benzema, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo). Where is this idea coming from that winning a bunch of CL titles with RM is no big deal and nobody cares? It's completely absurd.
Because only madrid fans care. CL is so dull when Madrid win. Snore fest.