Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Cloud7

It really is wonderful seeing the Real Madrid fans on here spitting out their pacifiers. No need to go back and read their posts... Here are their main arguments as to why this is bad for football

"They don't have history (only like 7 clubs in Europe have history according to them and others. Today we learn history is not an accurate recollection of facts, Javier from Badalona doesn't know anything about PSG so they have no history, there)"

" No one cares about the French league" (apparently we measure importance by what RM/MUTD fans think. A caste if you will)

"Mbappe's decision was about money" (as opposed to the peanuts he would receive at Madrid as a benevolent tribute to Perez)

"Sportswashing, soft power, bla bla" (it's not enough that they sell us weapons and have our citizens spend money in their countries and maintain very close diplomatic/military ties, we need an army of Newcastle/City fans arguing that our regime is good... Here's a billion pounds for StripeCafe/Bluemoon)

It's not fair (football was fair before 2005 apparently. No problems here sir. What's that you say about Mila
Excellent post

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
One that thing that irks me, admittedly not only related to Mbappé's case, is the absolute certainty with which fans talk about amounts of money, contract clauses, terms and conditions, bonuses, etc. Is it because thay have seen the real documents with all those details and/or have been present during the negotiations? Of course not, they have no fecking clue, as do 99,99% of journos and social media ITKs. Everyone needs to pretend they know, it's frankly quite pathetic, really.
Most decent journalists admit they have no info. The only thing their sources told them is that it was far from the ridiculous deal mentionned by eurosport.es (300M bonus + 100M/year).

Other than that, the only tangible element we have is the statement from Mpbappé's mother both offers were close (it might be true, it might not be).

The rest is pure speculation, what's reported in France is that the difference isn't big between both but that PSG guaranteed Mbappé an involvement in the project that he wouldn't have had in Madrid.

Fridge chutney

I hate oil money but the facts are PSG are a better side than Madrid currently.
I don't think that by any objective measure this is a fact. Real Madrid is currently playing in the Champions League final, and have won it 4 times in the past decade. PSG fell hilariously short yet again, having been vanquished by none other than Real Madrid.

Fridge chutney

This sort of criticism needs to come from other French sides or at least non-superleague clubs.

The message just gets diluted/ignored because everyone hates who is saying it, regardless of its validity.
Well said, and agreed.

Swordsman

I mean when you're at a club with infinite budget for transfers/salary i don't think it's that impressive to win the CL tbh.
Paris will probably try to sell it as an historical achievement but it'll be no more impressive than Chelsea winning it when it finally happens.
it also can be said the same when you win UCL with Real Madrid a UCL powerhouse. its not like Real Madrid are some minnows.

Redfrog

Are you judging his lifestyle by your standards? Do you know how big is family is or he plans it to be?

either way a deal like this almost certainly ensures generational wealth. Good for him.
No, not by mine, but he could already have whatever he wants…I just don’t understand the need to have even more money. Not that I blame him to take the money from that owners. I prefer the money to go to him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
No, not by mine, but he could already have whatever he wants…I just don’t understand the need to have even more money. Not that I blame him to take the money from that owners. I prefer the money to go to him.
Maybe because it's not only about money?

TsuWave

So without knowing his lifestyle is hard to say if his future was financially secure. There are multiple stories of millionaires blowing through fortunes due to their lifestyles.

and it's not as if he was going to go to Real to play for free. Money wasn't the only consideration in his decision, I'm assuming. He's from Paris after all

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So without knowing his lifestyle is hard to say if his future was financially secure. There are multiple stories of millionaires blowing through fortunes due to their lifestyles.

and it's not as if he was going to go to Real to play for free. Money wasn't the only consideration in his decision, I'm assuming. He's from Paris after all
:lol: His future would easily be financially secure without choosing extra money, rather thanu make a decision based on his football legacy.

He is one of the highest paid players in the world before the new contract, would have got a signing on fee at Real anyway and would have been on 400k a week there, which would make his financial life pretty damn good regardless of staying at PSG.

TsuWave

:lol: His future would easily be financially secure without choosing extra money, rather thanu make a decision based on his football legacy.

He is one of the highest paid players in the world before the new contract, would have got a signing on fee at Real anyway and would have been on 400k a week there, which would make his financial life pretty damn good regardless of staying at PSG.
There's a whole post for you to read there. You chose to read one sentence and replied with what is a needless post had you read the rest of the post and applied some sense.

Do you have chronic traumatic encephalopathy or something?

Redfrog

This millionaires are idiots. They can just invest their wealth and leave with the money it generates.

I really think that if you always need more when you are more or less confortable you’re not worth it, your like an empty bucket and will never be satisfied. This is sad people, so I won’t cry for them when some people can’t even be safe or eat correctly in this world.

Redfrog

Maybe because it's not only about money?
Maybe but Madrid is his boyhood club. He had posters of Ronaldo all over his room.
But I agree that he can be confortable in Paris, being close to friends and family, in his country.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Maybe but Madrid is his boyhood club. He had posters of Ronaldo all over his room.
But I agree that he can be confortable in Paris, being close to friends and family, in his country.
I'm not sure it's going more confortable for him in Paris. Sure it's home but he clearly stays to get Paris their 1st CL and he asked for more responsability. If they fail badly 3 more years, his extension will be a failure (even if he's obviously not responsible). Considering the CL is the only thing that really matters for PSG, it's far easier to screw up.

Son

I don't think that by any objective measure this is a fact. Real Madrid is currently playing in the Champions League final, and have won it 4 times in the past decade. PSG fell hilariously short yet again, having been vanquished by none other than Real Madrid.
PSG were levels above Madrid in those games though. It was luck. Messi smashed Madrid even in the game they went through and should have ended them before this Madrid run started.

Messi got absolutely hounded after the game despite been easily the best player on the pitch for 70 percent of the second leg that’s part of the problem the pressure.

Mbappe had soooo many chances to end Madrid too. It was a fluke really.

Fridge chutney

PSG were levels above Madrid in those games though. It was luck. Messi smashed Madrid even in the game they went through and should have ended them before this Madrid run started.

Messi got absolutely hounded after the game despite been easily the best player on the pitch for 70 percent of the second leg that’s part of the problem the pressure.

Mbappe had soooo many chances to end Madrid too. It was a fluke really.
Luck :lol:

PSG are not factually better than La Liga champions who are currently in the CL final.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Luck :lol:

PSG are not factually better than La Liga champions who are currently in the CL final.
Not only luck because PSG totally lost their cool after Donnarumma messed up (and was also fouled by benzema but we're not going to dwell on that), but PSG dominated Real 150mn out of 180 and the 1st game was totally one sided. The only problem is, they missed far too many opportunities to score (Messi also missed a penalty) and Bernzema was in god mode. You can't only judge a game by its result, overall PSG was a far better team but experience and Benzema was on Real's side.

Fridge chutney

Not only luck because PSG lost their cool after Donnarumma messed up, but PSG dominated Real 150mn out of 180 and the 1st game was totally one sided. The only problem is, they missed far too many opportunities to score (Messi also missed a penalty) and Bernzema was in god mode. You can't only judge a game by its result, overall PSG was a far better team but experience and Benzema was on Real's side.
I'm sorry, i don't buy it. There is no evidence to suggest that PSG are superior to Real. Based on results this season, it simply is not true.

Son

I'm sorry, i don't buy it. There is no evidence to suggest that PSG are superior to Real. Based on results this season, it simply is not true.
You didn’t watch the games. I’m sorry but PSG should have crushed Madrid in both legs. It’s was a whipping. Funny how the narrative in football changes with a fluke result.

Benzema went into god mode like the other poster said in single moments which can happen in football.

Messi was levels above anyone in a Madrid shirt and so was Mbappe still if you watched the game. Madrid have never been able to contain Messi though so nothing changed there.

The should have put the tie to bed after the first game easily.

They were slicing through Madrid in both legs with ease which is why I worry for Madrid in the final against Pool.

Son

No they aren't, better individuals doesn't always make for a better side.
PSG were better though if you watched the game. Levels better both tactically and technically than Madrid. Poch was brilliant with his setup and the tie should have been over after 60 mins of the first leg.

Again the narrative becomes something else online from people who don’t actually watch the games and just comment on here. Watch the games.

Fridge chutney

You didn’t watch the games. I’m sorry but PSG should have crushed Madrid in both legs. It’s was a whipping. Funny how the narrative in football changes with a fluke result.

Benzema went into god mode like the other poster said in single moments which can happen in football.

Messi was levels above anyone in a Madrid shirt and so was Mbappe still if you watched the game.

The should have put the tie to bed after the first game easily.

They were slicing through Madrid in both legs with ease which is why I worry for Madrid in the final against Pool.
I watched. You honestly just sound bitter. PSG bottled it, have never won the CL, and Madrid beat the other oil club City, who PSG couldn't get past last year.

Based on results, you can claim that PSG are better but it rings hollow and bitter. Real Madrid are in the final, and it's no coincidence that a team like theirs who know how to win in that competition are at yet another final. And also it is no coincidence that PSG and City have never won it, despite how many billions they have thrown at the competition to try to do so.

Fridge chutney

You didn't watch the games did you?
"Those who don't agree with me must not have watched the game!". How bitter.

I did watch the games. Happy for my opinion to be bought, as that seems to be the modus operandi of the PSG organization.

Son

Didn't you get the memo? Those who don't agree with them are online fans who do not watch football.
If you watched the game I value your opinion even less because I don’t know what you were watching for the first 150 plus minutes of that tie.

Did you just switch on for the final half or 30 mins is probably closer to the truth and that is fine. I’m up for a football debate and you are telling me Madrid outplayed PSG and City. I have zero clue what you people are talking about.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
These discussions about the PSG-Madrid tie are funny and kind of ironic, given the entire reason why PSG were the better team for most of the tie was that they had Kylian Mbappé. Literally the entire reason

Fridge chutney

I’m up for a football debate and you are telling me Madrid outplayed PSG and City.
I did not say anything of the sort. Please stop making things up.
I have zero clue what you people are talking about.
Because clearly, you need to improve your reading comprehension. You may be confusing me for another poster, to be fair.

Fridge chutney

These discussions about the PSG-Madrid tie are funny and kind of ironic, given the entire reason why PSG were the better team for most of the tie was that they had Kylian Mbappé. Literally the entire reason
I now have another reason to want Madrid to win the CL. It will mean that PSG supporters can celebrate the "we are a better team than the CL Champions" trophy that exists in their heads, and we can banter them for it.

Son

I did not say anything of the sort. Please stop making things up.

Because clearly, you need to improve your reading comprehension. You may be confusing me for another poster, to be fair.
You need to buy glasses too for watching the TV so I suppose we both need to dip into our pockets then, eh?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You need to buy glasses too for watching the TV so I suppose we both need to dip into our pockets then, eh?
Says the one bigging up Messi's performances against Real Madrid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I watched. You honestly just sound bitter. PSG bottled it, have never won the CL, and Madrid beat the other oil club City, who PSG couldn't get past last year.

Based on results, you can claim that PSG are better but it rings hollow and bitter. Real Madrid are in the final, and it's no coincidence that a team like theirs who know how to win in that competition are at yet another final. And also it is no coincidence that PSG and City have never won it, despite how many billions they have thrown at the competition to try to do so.
I'm not bitter at all, managing rough patches in a game is part of what a team needs to win the CL and we failed at that.

Doesn't mean PSG wasn't the better team from an individual or collective standpoint, but Real Madrid was just stronger psychologically, fair play to them. Also, Benzema was outstanding and will deserve his ballon d'or, but I highly doubt he can sustain this level for long.

Fridge chutney

Resorting to ad hominem because i disputed the claim that PSG are a better team than Real Madrid. Pretty desperate really.

Fridge chutney

I'm not bitter at all, managing rough patches in a game is part of what a team needs to win the CL and we failed at that.

Doesn't mean PSG wasn't the better team from an individual or collective standpoint, but Real Madrid was just stronger psychologically, fair play to them. Also, Benzema was outstanding and will deserve his ballon d'or, but I highly doubt he can sustain this level for long.
This is a fair post. And in my opinion, the bolded is a very important component of how "good" a team is. Which is my point, and why i dispute the notion that PSG is a superior team to Real Madrid right now.

Dansk

He's not fecking saying PSG are superior to Real Madrid, he's saying they were better in that particular tie, and they absolutely were.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
PSG were levels above Madrid in those games though. It was luck.
Real Madrid have been in 10 out of the last 12 CL semifinals. PSG have been in 2. If my calculation is correct, in the last 12 years RM have won 25 knockout rounds (10x2 + 5 in which they reached finals) and lost 7. There might seem to be luck on any given game, but this is just knowing how to win knockout rounds.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He's not fecking saying PSG are superior to Real Madrid, he's saying they were better in that particular tie, and they absolutely were.
They were very good at scoring offside goals. Unfortunately to win football ties you have to score onside goals.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
This is a fair post. And in my opinion, the bolded is a very important component of how "good" a team is. Which is my point, and why i dispute the notion that PSG is a superior team to Real Madrid right now.
True but the psychological aspect comes and goes, there was also games when Real Madrid looked helpless in the past few years. Against Chelsea last year or City the year before, they looked like they were never in a position to win. Against Ajax, they got eviscerated at home by youngsters. Nobody knows how it's going to go next season when some of the younger players become starters.

Real Madrid have been in 10 out of the last 12 CL semifinals. PSG have been in 2. If my calculation is correct, in the last 12 years RM have won 25 knockout rounds (10x2 + 5 in which they reached finals) and lost 7. There might seem to be luck on any given game, but this is just knowing how to win knockout rounds.
Each game is different. Of course it's a very experienced CL team. Under Zidane they were a war machine, Kroos/Modric/Casemiro/Marcelo/Carvajal was an amazing midfield line.
This season is a bit different, they rely on resilience of course, which is a very important quality, but on the other hand we can't deny that the coin had a tendancy to fall on the right side each time it was flipped, starting with the fact that they played 3 second legs in a row at home. There's a million way this could have gone in a different direction : Messi missing his PK, the ref not blowing the foul on Donnarumma, Benzema scoring at pretty much any chance he gets in any position etc.

To be totally honest, I'm not bothered by the fact we lost, I almost consider that it would have been an insult to football to win a CL with such an unbalanced team. I'm a huge believer in the fact that the midfield is the heart of a team and ours was just too poor, on top of having lazy attackers (and we'll have the same problem next season).

Because Mbappé (since its the subject of this topic), even if he's great at scoring goals, is lazy as f*ck off the ball and doesn't know how to press properly. The worst part being, he's so fast that when he decides to go for it, he surprises defenders very often but it's just not his thing at the moment. Unfortunate, especially when you also have Messi in your team.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He isn't talking about that particular tie.

I hate oil money but the facts are PSG are a better side than Madrid currently.
I mean people can think whatever they want but going for results in the recent season is something difficult to justify with a straight face.