g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

They probably get him eventually. Most players still want to play for RM or Barca above all other clubs.
Perhaps, but it was an example pertaining to your original point. He turned down Real to join United back in 2016.

redshaw

Perhaps, but it was an example pertaining to your original point. He turned down Real to join United back in 2016.
That's not what happened. Juve reluctantly sold him for 90m to United. There was some rumours of Madrid/Barca interested at 60m but Juve were not selling at that price. There was no choosing United over Madrid

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I get that but Benz still has some left in the tank. And I think Mbappe will be one of a number of ballers they will try to bring in over the next year or two as the current team is full of ancient players. I can only imagine the team will look very different in due course.
Benzema has scored 30 goals for 3 seasons in a row. He has plenty of tank left in his & doesn't show any signs of decline.

Eddy_JukeZ

That's not what happened. Juve reluctantly sold him for 90m to United. There was some rumours of Madrid/Barca interested at 60m but Juve were not selling at that price. There was no choosing United over Madrid
https://www.goal.com/en/news/pogba-...f-89m-man-utd-move/1j4fcirvkgz23144nhghsr4rqv

Raiola could have facilitated the move to Real if he wanted to go there. He chose us over Real. I don't know why some of our fans think it's impossible for players to pick us over other clubs.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
From a Real perspective its baffling business. Just wait a year.
Equally baffling from MBappe's perspective. If this is really true, and RM have showed their hand, then he knows that a good chunk of that 160M can be his signing bonus next year.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Equally baffling from MBappe's perspective. If this is really true, and RM have showed their hand, then he knows that a good chunk of that 160M can be his signing bonus next year.
I reckon he's finally had a taste of proper competition in the Euros and he can't wait to be challenged everyday.

BaggiesBoy93

Supports
West Bromwich Albion
I beleive PSG will reject the offer but accept a January or summer 2022 move.

redshaw

https://www.goal.com/en/news/pogba-...f-89m-man-utd-move/1j4fcirvkgz23144nhghsr4rqv

Raiola could have facilitated the move to Real if he wanted to go there. He chose us over Real. I don't know why some of our fans think it's impossible for players to pick us over other clubs.
Can only find that on goal.com and dreamteamfc, goal.com just crashed my browser.

I followed the whole thing, there was no competing large bid from Madrid that Juve would've accepted, It would've been widely reported and Juve were open about what went on, it was Juve and United. To prise him out of Juve it was only United prepared to pay 90m and his agent had to really push for it. There was some rumoured interest of potential non starter 60m bids, maybe that was spun into Madrid came in for him on some low key dodgy sites. Come on, there was no joint bid from Madrid. We'd all know, it would've been huge news, a big transfer saga easily corroborated, it didn't happen.

Did it also not come out Raiola had a plan to move Pogba to Madrid by impressing them to make a bid off his expected top PL performances. They fully expected Madrid would come in with a big bid while he was at United but it never happened as Perez is said to not fancy him, they're only were interested on the cheap as player Zidane wanted.

Pogba has been hopeful of working a way to Madrid, not snubbing them from the outset. I also remember many posters saying and expecting same as Raiola, go back and read how many were saying along the lines of "90m is fine, we get him for 3 years, don't care if it's a stepping stone to Madrid".

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
It wouldn’t be to „be like Ronaldo“. It would be because Real is a far bigger club than PSG. The biggest in the world to be precise.
He is going from a club who are better than RM at that point of time and have one of the best prospects for the top prizes, just like Ronaldo :)
What is the point of going to the bigger club for him? Winning the first CL for his hometown club is a lot bigger than winning 13th one for RM. He will be foregoing the chance to play with Messi for the privilege of playing with Vinicius and Rodrygo. And he will be leaving loads of money on the table. Aside from Barsa 2021, I don't think I've seen any players take a financially weaker offer over the last decade and bit. So far as I can only see, he can get the bragging rights of having played (and succeeded) for them ala Ronaldo. But he is not at the same level as Ronaldo was when he moved there, and I think he isn't ready to handle the pressure which they're going to put him under.

Jaxa

I really don't get this from a financial point of view,

If Madrid have been badly affected financially with Covid which we know they have , is it really a smart decision to pay 160m euros for a player you can get for free in 10 months time ? Mbappe only has eyes for Madrid it seems so why not just wait and save yourself money which can be invested elsewhere in the team when you're a bit more stable ? You'd think they learned from Hazard which was possibly the worst deal in history, Mbappe won't be injury prone that's not my point, my point is imagine they spend all that money and he picked up an injury and was out for 6 months, baffles me how football clubs are run at times

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I don't understand why Real would offer that much money for one extra season of Mbappe, if he's signing next season.

NoLogo

I don't understand why Real would offer that much money for one extra season of Mbappe, if he's signing next season.
They might be afraid that next season everyone and their dog will offer him a contract and seeing that Real aren't really top dogs right might not end up joining them but maybe a PL club? I mean this is a unique chance for them to get him, no PL team has still left enough in the budget to make an offer of this scale for him, which means they are all out, remains PSG in maybe making a huge contract offer to keep him that they have to beat and PSGs ability to do so might be hampered by the amount of money that Messi added to their wage bill. On top of that it's a huge amount of money for a player in his last year of contract and if Mbappé made it clear he won't sign an extension they might actually be tempted to take the offer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I worked out well with Hazard so they are doing it again. :wenger:

cyberman

I think this shows the pull of Madrid isnt as strong as it’s made out to be. Like Chelsea plus Haaland they don’t seem to be confident in a straight race for the signature

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
Just hope mbappe is using real to have a better salary like messi did with PSG a few times when he was at barca

The last report was PSG offering less money than for Neymar and Messi. Maybe Mbappe wants more

Unlikely though :(

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think this shows the pull of Madrid isnt as strong as it’s made out to be. Like Chelsea plus Haaland they don’t seem to be confident in a straight race for the signature
Who's offering him £800k a week in wages? Besides PSG?

We want him now because we won nothing last season

Infra-red

Probably pretty good news for us if we still have hopes of signing Haaland next summer.

He won't be joining Chelsea or, now, Real Madrid.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just hope mbappe is using real to have a better salary like messi did with PSG a few times when he was at barca

The last report was PSG offering less money than for Neymar and Messi. Maybe Mbappe wants more

Unlikely though :(
You should accept that he wants to join a bigger club.

Kag

Football is an abysmal state of affairs when a country can afford to reject that sort of money when the player is due to leave on a free within the year.

Jaxa

I never want to defend Madrid as i despise the twats but in this case,

I hope both they and Kylian tell PSG to go f*** themselves and take their best player for free next year.

PSG just done the same for Donnarumma and Milan got zilch for their young star GK and you better believe they will be luring Pogba all season to sign him for free in 2022.

Pot Kettle Black

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Done dealio. Congratz my Real supporting friends! (Now please lose La Liga to Atleti and go out in the CL quarterfinals)
Thank you! it seems to be done,yes. Now we will see if the price is 180 like what they paid or if we have to go up more

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Thank you! it seems to be done,yes. Now we will see if the price is 180 like what they paid or if we have to go up more
Leonardo said the same thing about Neymar when he wanted to go to Barcelona. They couldn't do a high enough offer and he ended up staying, there's nothing done, it'll depend on how much money Real can put on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.