Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Real Madrid comes out as the winner in that one. They can say they tried. The player can see they did. The offer was amazing. They sign him for next season in January, and all of the sudden, they're in a good spot. They kind of played into Madrid's hand.

BerryBerryShrew

Shouldn't be so surprising. I think psg would rather loose Mbappe on a free and see Messi, neymar and mbappe play together. There is really no replacement for Mbappe unless they sign pogba or even haaland. Even, Ronaldo won't be an adequate replacement. So psg are in the right to ask for 200m

Their attack is still good, but loosing Mbappe makes it no longer the best in Europe. It will just make it the same as other top club that consistentlycompete at a high level. Pochettino would rather have Mbappe than not have him.
Name a single attacking player in world football who is better than any of Messi, Neymar or Mbappé? Having any two of them together is basically a cheat code let alone all three.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Name a single attacking player in world football who is better than any of Messi, Neymar or Mbappé? Having any two of them together is basically a cheat code let alone all three.
I stated without Mbappe, they no longer have the best attack.

Wherever Mbappe goes, that club will strengthen their attack. So if Real Madrid, they have hazard, mbappe, benzene, Bale, Vinicus, etc., which will be much stronger depth wise and the same as psg first 11 attack. Manchester city has grelish, mahrez, sterling, Jesus, de bryune, which like Madrid has better quality in depth than psg. Barcelona has dembele, greizman, depay, continho, Manchester United has Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, pogba, Greenwood, and so on. So these clubs can compete which such an attack without mbappe.

Losing Mbappe is like us loosing Bruno. Even though, we still have lots of quality in our attack, we definitely suffer a lot from his absent

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I stated without Mbappe, they no longer have the best attack.

Wherever Mbappe goes, that club will strengthen their attack. So if Real Madrid, they have hazard, mbappe, benzene, Bale, Vinicus, etc., which will be much stronger depth wise and the same as psg first 11 attack. Manchester city has grelish, mahrez, sterling, Jesus, de bryune, which like Madrid has better quality in depth than psg. Barcelona has dembele, greizman, depay, continho, Manchester United has Rashford, Sancho, Bruno, pogba, Greenwood, and so on. So these clubs can compete which such an attack without mbappe.

Losing Mbappe is like us loosing Bruno. Even though, we still have lots of quality in our attack, we definitely suffer a lot from his absent
I wouldn't worry about it, Mbappe is very likely to stay at PSG this season. Even without him, I still think PSG has the best team in the world. That's how deep they are this season.

GMoore23

Why the hell are Madrid offering huge sums for a player they can sign for free on 1/1/22. Makes no sense at all. I'm praying they come to there senses as really want to see PSG lose him on a free.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I wouldn't worry about it, Mbappe is very likely to stay at PSG this season. Even without him, I still think PSG has the best team in the world. That's how deep they are this season.
Imo it all depends on how we spend Real's money (if we take it). Lets imagine we do, it would mean we still have an attack line made of Messi as false 9, Neymar on the left and DI Maria on the right (or Icardi somewhere if he comes back to a good level).

We'd have 150+ to spend, which mean we could buy a very good left back, a very good midfielder and potentially another good one on top (it would mean we have to sell/loan a lot of players though). Best team in the world i don't know, it's hard to assess, but top 4 hands down.

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
I do not know if they would go that high, from 160 to 215 there is a lot of money.
I think that if they get him it will be for less
From PSG point of view, they have to pay 35 ME to Monaco if Mbappe renew or is sold.So that’s « only » 125 ME

That s still fair for one year but it s maybe not enough for Quatar to give up one year of messi - mbappe - neymar before their world cup

RoyH1

How come Madrid aren't spunking this money on Haaland if Mbappe is adamant he'd still only join them when he's free in the summer?
Who says Dortmund would sell?
Plus Madrid have been crazy for Mbappé for years now. They finally have him within reach. If he stays in PSG, he might eventually succumb under the pressure and sign a new contract. Or he could get injured. Plus they desperately need a striker to complement Benzema.

mshnsh

Mbappe should stay this season to get a taste of playing with Messi. With his speed and running behind the defence and Messi's all round game, their partnership is potentially the most lethal in the world. Add Neymar to the mix and potentially you have an unstoppable forward line.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Who says Dortmund would sell?
Plus Madrid have been crazy for Mbappé for years now. They finally have him within reach. If he stays in PSG, he might eventually succumb under the pressure and sign a new contract. Or he could get injured. Plus they desperately need a striker to complement Benzema.
Real madrid needs shiny players, it's their essence, and Mbappé is far more bankable than Haaland even if Haaland is also a great player.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Imo it all depends on how we spend Real's money (if we take it). Lets imagine we do, it would mean we still have an attack line made of Messi as false 9, Neymar on the left and DI Maria on the right (or Icardi somewhere if he comes back to a good level).

We'd have 150+ to spend, which mean we could buy a very good left back, a very good midfielder and potentially another good one on top (it would mean we have to sell/loan a lot of players though). Best team in the world i don't know, it's hard to assess, but top 4 hands down.
I just don't think there will be any money to spend because Madrid won't give PSG what they're looking for and I don't see PSG selling without getting what they want. They're apart by 50m or so (40m with add-ons), I just don't see them bridging that gap. Even if this somehow got resolved tomorrow and he was gone, PSG doesn't have enough time to turn around and make the right transfer moves, there's the winter window but it's more difficult to find real star talent to get at that time of the season.

kbbear

If Mbappe went to Madrid on a free next year he would be able to ask for a big chunk of this transfer fee in salary. He'd be mad to go to Real in this window.

AaronRedDevil

Mbappe get your ass to Madrid ASAP. Then PSG can get Ronaldo. Hurry Mbappe. You’re our only hope.

The Firestarter

Really quite pathetic stuff from Madrid after crying about being poor for the last 4 months. There’s no excuse.
Not sure where this funds are coming from. Really shady stuff.

Edit: Unless it's the super league payment

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Really quite pathetic stuff from Madrid after crying about being poor for the last 4 months. There’s no excuse.
but we have saved! all that money is from the sale of players, Achraf, Óscar Rodríguez, Odegaard, Varane, Reguilón ... We have weakened our team to make it possible

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
but we have saved! all that money is from the sale of players, Achraf, Óscar Rodríguez, Odegaard, Varane, Reguilón ... We have weakened our team to make it possible
You’re spending 180m on a transfer fee that could be free in 12 months. It doesn’t matter what you have saved, you’re obviously not the pauper he painted you to be 4 months ago. It’s gratuitous.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wow, if this is true it's just an incredible piece of business, PSG just got a crazy sum of money for a player that would have gone to that club for free a year later. I just find it all baffling, but it will give a boost to la liga to have a player like Mbappe now. I would say congratulations to Real Madrid and their fans for finally getting their player, but it's just such an insane move by them that I'm not sure if they deserve the congratulations. He was going there for free next season. I definitely think there's a piece of the puzzle missing in all of this because it makes very little sense all things considered, especially since Mbappe has apparently explicitly said whether it was this summer or next, he was going to Real Madrid, so there wasn't that fear of him being tempted elsewhere as a free agent.

What a summer.

gorky_utd

I think 160m is an incredibly fair offer from madrid. They should make one more bid at around 180 and see whether PSG accepts it. What I am interested is whether madrid have any plan to sign Haaland as well.
I think I can replace Perez in future. But seriously though, Pogba bid may be incoming from PSG now.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Madrid is being ran the same way as Barca? fecking stupid business considering he's available on free soon and is constantly banging on about going there anyway so nobody else would even bother fighting Madrid for him in January, they've just wasted a massive amount of money.

Or is there something I'm not getting here?

Trip721

If you are Mbappe, wouldn't you want to win the Champions League for your hometown before departing the following season? If you are Madrid, I see why you make the bid, you unsettle the player a bit and maybe they bite, but this doesn't make Real Madrid a Champions League favorite...that still lies with PSG. If you are PSG, good business on their part, you're getting a boatload of money.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Madrid is being ran the same way as Barca? fecking stupid business considering he's available on free soon and is constantly banging on about going there anyway so nobody else would even bother fighting Madrid for him in January, they've just wasted a massive amount of money.

Or is there something I'm not getting here?
I think there's something missing from the story, it just makes very little sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.