Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Really don’t understand the fascination with Richarlison. He looks like a slightly above average player who doesn’t even stand out at a shocking Everton side.

Nowhere near Real Madrid quality.
I think he’d be more successful than hazard

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
If the rumors are true about a 50 mil a year contract plus a 100 mil sign on fee, Mbappe would be smart to stay. On a 2 year deal he gets 200mil plus any commercial deals. He can then move at 25 yo with a massive bank account plus more then enough time to become a legend to a massive club.
The only club who could afford him is City (or Newcastle). I think he will end up playing for PSG his entire career.

jamesjimmybyrondean

"He doesn't care about football" Dude PSG has Messi, Neymar, Marquinos, Verrati and Dona on it. Its not like he picked a championship team haha get off the drugs.

I don't even like PSG but some of the comments on here are juvenile.
He's also from Paris

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
Money is clearly a factor but PSG probably have promised major reinforcement on the squad. Especially in the midfield
+ maybe Zidane

Mbappe has always put pressure to improve the squad

Brophs

The One and Only
So we’ve reached “cry more” stage of the Bellend Festival? Always a high point in any internet argument.

Rolaholic

Yea no one in their right mind in this thread is turning this down as a 23 year old...

::sonny::

It’s easy for them, because they print money to but the players and pay the wages

they can print the money by them selves pressing enter

Nero

What's with this PSG fan influx on here? Wonder how many years they've been PSG fans.

flappyjay

Madrid are European royalty and arguably one of the biggest club in the world but this whole narrative that get who they want has been built on fact they were willing to blow every other club in the world in terms of wages and transfer fees for the players they truly wanted , so suddenly seeing their supporters tying themselves into knots when other Club is doing something similar to keep the player is quite funny .
The pandemic was an eye opener for me on Barcelona and Madrid. Hell even Atletico who pay simeone eye watering amounts. The warm sun, great cities the food or whatever is just the cherry on top. The real attraction is the bank accounts.

Rolaholic

Every single one of these is coming from a Spanish source. The picture Real are trying to paint is very clear.
I mean his head was absolutely turned recently, he was nailed on to Real earlier this month with reputable journos from all over confirming that he had agreed terms with Madrid.

It's not out of the question that the state funded club with bottomless money pits would've offered him insane money to make sure he didn't leave along with the extra perks being reported

Now whether he agreed in the first place in an attempt squeeze out every single penny out of PSG is up for question but guaranteed obscene amounts of money are involved here

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean his head was absolutely turned recently, he was nailed on to Real earlier this month with reputable journos from all over confirming that he had agreed terms with Madrid.

It's not out of the question that the state funded club with bottomless money pits would've offered him insane money to make sure he didn't leave along with the extra perks being reported
No reputable journalist had a clue.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I have mixed feelings with this outcome. I would have betted that Mbappe had already signed with Real long time ago.

One part is kinda disappointed because PSG, even with all the money in the world, is a lame small team at European stage. I hate their Qatari owners and truly dislike the way they just throw money around. I think Mbappe going to Madrid right now would be the best for both the club and the player and could deliver excellent football.

On the other hand, I’m enjoying it a friggin lot. I despise Real Madrids arrogance and that after many years of buying out the best players in the world finally someone decides to turn them down and seeing their egotistical press and fans cry out loud for that is a pleasure.Now after years of lobbying his transfer they are gonna use their “he’s not enough, has weak mentality“ card over the table like already a couple of Madrid fans have shown here :lol:

Now, with all that said. I think Mbappe will absolutely end in Madrid after this extension expires. He is squeezing all the money he can from the Arabs, might be able to win a CL at PSG and when that runs out he can still go to Madrid, fans will receive him with open arms even after this show.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes ever, Platini never won a WC and the likes of Henry and Zidane made their names outside of France
If he wants that honorary title, he will need to have a legendary run with the national team. He may have won the WC but it was more of a team effort than one player outshining the rest. Platini had that and Zidane had that.
He will also need to beat Henry's scoring record (Giroud is just 3 goals behind btw). He has a lot of time to do those things tbh. I don't think any accomplishment for PSG will take him above Platini and Zidane

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Very disappointed. Florentino has been overconfident in the end, a big mistake by the president.
If the 300 commission and the salary are true, they were unattainable amounts, for us and for anyone else, that's what makes me feel a bit more relieved.
Now let's forget about this signing that had all the fans crazy and let's get our hopes up for someone else.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
after many years of buying out the best players in the world finally someone decides to turn them down and seeing their egotistical press and fans cry out loud for that is a pleasure.Now after years of lobbying his transfer they are gonna use their “he’s not enough, has weak mentality“ card over the table like already a couple of Madrid fans have shown here :lol:
You make it sound like it's a novelty to lose out on a signing. We lost out on Neymar to Barcelona. That's a far more damaging thing than losing out on Mbappe, he came to our actual domestic rival and won many titles against us. Then he went to PSG and became a non-entity to us. The same will likely be true of Mbappe.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Not really sure what’s left for him at PSG besides the CL. I sure hope the real fees are less than reported because they already contributed to inflation of player values when signing him and Neymar.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Now whether he agreed in the first place in an attempt squeeze out every single penny out of PSG is up for question but guaranteed obscene amounts of money are involved here
We know a while now that the Mbappé clan negociated and agreed on terms with both clubs so Mbappé can choose the offer he wants. Journalists just jumped to the conclusion agreeing with Real meant it was a done deal for Real Madrid when it was not.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
They were absolutely convinced mbappe was coming and neglected the haaland deal. Haaland was waiting around and finally decided to join city.
It didn't really make that much sense for Haaland to join RM or RM to pursue him other than him being available this summer. We have a striker, a very good one, having his best season for us ever. Maybe it would have been more convenient for long-term planning if Benzema was a bit shit this season, but he wasn't.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Disappointing. Kinda nice angle is he wants to advance french football, but it's PSG and there really isn't much for him to achieve there and the domestic league and cup is essentially irrelevant to global game/legacy (and he's a player that could truly leave a mark with his legacy).

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
You make it sound like it's a novelty to lose out on a signing. We lost out on Neymar to Barcelona. That's a far more damaging thing than losing out on Mbappe, he came to our actual domestic rival and won many titles against us. Then he went to PSG and became a non-entity to us. The same will likely be true of Mbappe.
Meh, you’re right on that. Actually that’s what makes it less enjoyable.

Mbappe winning Ligue 1s is a waste and even with him around I don’t think they’ll be able to win the CL, although I don’t cross it out. But him winning titles at, let’s say, Barcelona, would have been more satisfactory because they are direct rivals, as the case was with Neymar as you just mentioned.

But it’s ok, he didn’t sign because he didn’t have the “right mentality” :lol: But I bet he will have it after 3 years of becoming a billionaire and getting the retirement for him and his next 4-5 generations. After that’s achieved he will play for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.