La Liga 2018/19

Inter Yer Nan

An insane red card decision. Not even sure Costa wasn’t fouled. How does Suarez never get red carded for shouting at refs if they are gonna send Costa?

It’s crazy that refs in Spain still play favorites when the best result for their league is an Atletico win to try to salvage a title race yet they just make sure Barca has it easy as possible. Probably so they can focus harder on Champions League I’m guessing?

Ahsan_6386

Reporter : So Ole what is your game plan for the match against Barcelona

Ole : Glue the lips of all my players for starters .

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Do the clubs pay for managers to go to watch other teams games or is it out of their own pocket. Always been curious about that. I assume it’s the club.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
What kind of ref has a big enough ego to send a player off in a game like this for a few insults?

It’s impressive how consistently this happens for Barcelona in these kind of games.

Cloud7

Do the clubs pay for managers to go to watch other teams games or is it out of their own pocket. Always been curious about that. I assume it’s the club.
The club has opposition scouts in their employ I think, so I guess it would be the club paying for it, just that the manager goes instead of the scout presumably.

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't understand why Countinho and Suarez try to dribble past players when they're both now completely incapable of doing it.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Very strange decision. Refs are getting verbal abuse 24 hours. It's never been the norm to send players off for that.

zkap

Supports
Barça
I guess it's one of the many perks. Like Mourinho living in a hotel on United's dime. I imagine these managers have all of this taken care of.

wr8_utd

It'll be quite the miracle if Barca manage to get any decent money for Coutinho. He's a worse option than Malcolm these days.

Bole Top

It's never been the norm to send players off for that.
it should be if the insults are that serious, imo. they are referees after all and should have at least some power over players so if Costa indeed said something about his mother, it's should be a clear red.

wr8_utd

Yes very disappointing by tonights showing, anyhow
It's his usual performance this season. Tries to dribble where it's not necessary, loses the ball needlessly and can't score goals he'd have scored blindfolded an year ago.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
How would they know that ?
They read lips I think,he said literally "i shit in your fecking mother",a very common insult.
And Costa said to the referee that he had said "I shit in my mother" (that is used like "shit!" after making a mistake)(according to the radio)

Hoof the ball

This is why the fans on the Barça subreddit and on the Cataluña Barça forums are often so frustrated about Suarez and Coutinho. For all the goals Suarez scores which remind us of his peak, his general play breaks down so many promising moves. The less said about Coutinho the better.

Bole Top

It'll be quite the miracle if Barca manage to get any decent money for Coutinho. He's a worse option than Malcolm these days.
I just hope we stay away from both him and Bale this summer. if I was Valverde, I'd just use Semedo as winger. he's fast and can dribble and that's more useful to have on that side of a pitch than a player who's basically useless if he isn't coming from left side and has clear shot on goal. that's literally it from Coutinho, get from left side close to opponent box and shoot. I'm pretty sure he will be sold this summer.

LoneStar

it should be if the insults are that serious, imo. they are referees after all and should have at least some power over players so if Costa indeed said something about his mother, it's should be a clear red.
But the problem is consistency. It should always be a red if a player talks shite about the referees family or something, but it has to be imemented consistently.

Was a good game until that red card, could have gone either way. Barca are clear favorites now, but Atheltico are defending well . They have done a pretty decent job of keeping Messi quite so far.

Member 93275

"Me cago en tu puta madre"
I shit on your, ehm, "prostitute" mother. Maybe a common insult which literally sounds more colorful, but still totally unacceptable.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I agree that it should be. They shouldn't be getting any abuse at all from these overpaid bellends - Costa probably makes the ref's salary in 2-3 days. However, I believe they are discouraged from carding players for abuse.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
They read lips I think,he said literally "i shit in your fecking mother",a very common insult.
And Costa said to the referee that he had said "I shit in my mother" (that is used like "shit!" after making a mistake)(according to the radio)
Just watched a replay and ref clearly changes mind on card after Costa screams something to him.

On the one hand, I'm not a fan of reds for screaming at a ref but on the other hand, serious abuse needs to be punished (footballers are pampered babies) AND its Costa so who cares?
:lol: (at the photo)
Own thread?

Hoof the ball

I shit on your, ehm, "prostitute" mother. Maybe a common insult which literally sounds more colorful, but still totally unacceptable.
Puta madre? It more or less translates as son of a bitch or even motherf*****, but can have good and bad meaning depending on the context. In this context I can't envisage it being anything positive.

the_irish123

Barcelona is so unwatchable since NEymar left.

Atletico too.

I cant remember a good game between these two teams. I really hope this Pep or Simeone style don't flourish to more teams, although Its a lost cause. If football becomes this super controlled, non risk taking sport Im out.

Hoof the ball

Barcelona is so unwatchable since NEymar left.

Atletico too.

I cant remember a good game between these two teams. I really hope this Pep or Simeone style don't flourish to more teams, although Its a lost cause. If football becomes this super controlled, non risk taking sport Im out.
The "Pep" style is only unwatchable insofar as the opposition team responds to it in an overtly defensive manner. It's arguable that the defensive low-block is the very reason for the state of the game being as it is, and not Barça's general approach. For eg. It wasn't remotely tedious to watch until the sending off and subsequent switch from Simeone to defend deeper.

Who's fault is that? Valverde or Simeone?

wr8_utd

I just hope we stay away from both him and Bale this summer. if I was Valverde, I'd just use Semedo as winger. he's fast and can dribble and that's more useful to have on that side of a pitch than a player who's basically useless if he isn't coming from left side and has clear shot on goal. that's literally it from Coutinho, get from left side close to opponent box and shoot. I'm pretty sure he will be sold this summer.
Bale would be almost as bad a signing as Alexis. The guy is completely finished and Cou seems way too technically limited all year. He just looks so completely out of place in this Barca team. It's not even an exaggeration to say that Alba is 10 times the danger Cou is offensively.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It's like saying 'son of a bitch' in english. It can be an insult or a sign of frustration.

Not as bad as it sounds directly translated and not meant to be taken literally.

It's a joke that he sent him off for that in the first half of a game like this. I'd love to know what Suarez says to the refs every time a decision goes against Barca and how many times he's been sent off for it...

wr8_utd

Third game in a row that Barca look really really poor. They need Dembele back asap because right now all they're doing is hoping Messi pulls something out of the hat.

United have a chance over two legs if Barca don't get over their post international break rustiness.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It's like saying 'son of a bitch' in english. It can be an insult or a sign of frustration.

Not as bad as it sounds directly translated and not meant to be taken literally.

It's a joke that he sent him off for that. I'd love to know what Suarez says to the refs every time a decision goes against Barca and how many times he's been sent off for it...
No it's not.

"Son of a bitch" would be "Tu madre" or "Me cago en tu madre". "Me cago en tu tu puta madre" means going in style, something like "You fecking son of a bitch".

wr8_utd

Brilliant from Oblak but absolutely never felt like Suarez would score there.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
No it's not.

"Son of a bitch" would be "Tu madre" or "Me cago en tu madre". "Me cago en tu tu puta madre" means going in style, something like "You fecking son of a bitch".
The Guardian are going on about milk....