La Liga 2018/19

MadMike

Tbh I think that we can go unbeaten this season. Last season's match against Levante was just unlucky. This season the team has the required depth and as someone stated in the upper post, Coutinho, Dembele can take some of the burden Messi carries.
Are you the Catalan version of Heavy D?
“Boom! We’re gonna go unbeaten. Boom!”

Kant-ona

I was yesterday in Camp Nou and a bit surprised that only around 50 000 fans showed up. First match of the season and the stadium is half empty? Is this normal? (Probably the month of August means that every Catalan is on holiday?)

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I was yesterday in Camp Nou and a bit surprised that only around 50 000 fans showed up. First match of the season and the stadium is half empty? Is this normal? (Probably the month of August means that every Catalan is on holiday?)
Basically this. Also, Alavés isn't exactly the most exciting/important team to watch at Camp Nou.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Huesca 2 up at Eibar, fair play to 'em.

Leo Franco, the ex Argentina keeper manages them now. Actually first game as manager today as Rubi got them up last season and then left for Espanyol.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aupa Rayo!

Edit: Disappointed they haven't got Raul De Tomas back on loan, guy was brilliant last season upfront and interested how he'd do in La Liga.

I assume Real Madrid will loan him out?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sevilla killing Rayo down the flanks, goal was coming.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Turned it off already.:lol:

Going to be a long season for Rayo unless they sign 4-5 new players, very short in defence and upfront.

Sevilla played the 3-5-2 very well so could do alright after disappointing last year. Machin is a very good up and coming manager.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
2 goals for Andre Silva in his first game :eek:

Maybe Sevilla will be the perfect place for him

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I’d love to know when was the last time before this one that a portuguese striker scored a hattrick in one of the top leagues :lol: Probably Pauleta.

Hopefully this is the start of something great for Andre and Sevilla

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

He scored 2 league goals for Milan in the whole of last season ffs

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Rayo just scored the 1:4. Pen.

If Sevilla would have been clinical, this would end in double figures. Thats not an exaggeration. Rayo is attrocious and unable to deal with the wingbacks. They created a few nice chances themselves (could have been 1:1 without a great save from Vaclik; looks like a fantastic transfer), but their defence is completely out of their depth.

Skorenzy

He scored 2 league goals for Milan in the whole of last season ffs

To be fair, he only started 7 games in Serie A and Milan are quite a dysfunctional side. From what I've seen of him during Portugal's WC qualifying campaign he's a striker who will score if you provide him with balls in the box.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Am I blind or was this a clear mistake of the VAR?

Javi

Pretty shaky from Ceballos so far, that's not going to cut it. Asensio and Isco still lacking directness. On the upside Benzema hasn't looked that sharp in seemingly ages.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We're uninspiring. Tippy tappy tippy tappy, keep the ball, at the end of the day it's ball wide and cross. Defence looking solid though, so there's that at least

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
We're uninspiring. Tippy tappy tippy tappy, keep the ball, at the end of the day it's ball wide and cross. Defence looking solid though, so there's that at least
You've won three CLs that way. It always amazes me how you manage to score so many goals from "lazy" crosses. Every other team uses them only when they are desperate since crossing usually has a terrible success rate. This rule didn't seem to apply to Real though.

That being said, you really could use someone like Hazard or Neymar. Isco's great but he lacks the speed to utilize the space he creates for him when he beat a player. I see him more as the heir to Modric in all honesty.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Where is Luka

Second match in a row he doesn‘t start

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So a standard win for Real. They looked better against Atletico though. Guess Lopetequi still has to find the right balance.

RoyH1

Lopetegui really needs some more depth on the bench if he's going to win anything. If Bale goes down, Real will simply have no vertical threat. They remind me of Spain (just not the 2008 and 2010 vintage with Villa and Torres at their prime) with maximum posession but little to show for it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Isco and Ceballos were not good. Asensio had some moments but overall, more is and will be expected of him

Bale is still on fire, Benzema looked more involved and keyed in than he has in a while, Carvajal and Marcelo were good and Nacho was imperious. Still...not an encouraging start for now...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Jey M going to be a star in the nightclubs in Huesca :D