g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2018/19

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't look as if Barca and Real fancy the La Liga title this season.
They've both declined this season. And I think the CL will be won by neither of them. Madrid lost Ronaldo and Zidane and did not replace and replaced poorly respectively. Barcelona won the league last year but Valverde is an average coach and beneath the surface they've been in decline as a team for awhile now, despite good additions on paper. I think both teams will have new managers next year.

gingerless

Pique should be hanged for his performances. He's only in the club still because of his past reputation and the fact that he comes from la masia otherwise no way this clown would still be in the squad

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Top scorers la Liga 2017-18

Messi 34
CR 26
Suarez 25

Being Messi the main penalti taker (and CR for madrid), maybe the list would be different

Also, Suarez was top assistant with Messi and Fornals with 12

You can discuss if it is a top 5 striker or not. But saying that he does not deserve being on the main 11... Don't see why he shouldnt.

Also, his work rate is unparalleled

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If only Madrid kept Ronaldo, this could be their (league) hands-on-the-trophy year. Easily.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
If only Madrid kept Ronaldo, this could be their (league) hands-on-the-trophy year. Easily.
I don't know if he could have won the Liga this year with Real Madrid. But he can certainly win the Championship, and probably the Italian Cup in Juventus. About the CL we will see...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So... William CArvalho is spreading magic at La Liga :lol:
He was just considered the slowest player to have set foot on a La Liga match :lol:

DavidDeSchmikes

1st managerial casualty of the season. Franco was appointed on 3rd June, but has lasted 4 months and only 8 games in charge. P8 W1 D2 L8. Huesca are bottom of the table with 5 points, but just 2 points off safety.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Quite premature as is first season ever at the top division IMO. I don't know what they expect

Though being his first gig as a manager, was a bit risky from Huesca

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

1st managerial casualty of the season. Franco was appointed on 3rd June, but has lasted 4 months and only 8 games in charge. P8 W1 D2 L8. Huesca are bottom of the table with 5 points, but just 2 points off safety.
What did they expect from him? Huesca were always gonna struggle.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"Neymar has communicated to his trusted people at Barça that he wants to return".
"A few weeks ago he ended up crying saying he was wrong(leaving the club)
"His close circle has probed how his return to Barça would look"

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
@carvajal Isn‘t COPE supposed to be super reliable?

It sounds like bullshit anyway. He would cost like 300m transfer fee and 50m wages a year. Barca don‘t have that kind of money, not even if they sell Ousmane again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Barcelona media come out with the story that Neymar wants to return to Barcelona pretty much every month.

If he leaves, it will be to Madrid.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Can't see it happening. Then again, I also didn't see the PSG move happening.

Would be cool, though. Think he's wasted in France and I doubt that PSG will be able to win the CL without a proper sparring partner in the league.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal Isn‘t COPE supposed to be super reliable?

It sounds like bullshit anyway. He would cost like 300m transfer fee and 50m wages a year. Barca don‘t have that kind of money, not even if they sell Ousmane again.
Yes they are very reliable. Not only they, but also SER (their rivals) and a reporter from the Chiringuito that sometimes comments on City are saying the same thing. SER also insists with the release clause next summer.

ArseHat

Think that bridge is burned. He should never have left in the first place when he clicked so well with Messi and Suarez. Will Barca stump up 200m-300m+ for him since PSG are definitely not going to let him go on the cheap if at all, not to mention his astronomical wages? Doubt it.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Yes they are very reliable. Not only they, but also SER (their rivals) and a reporter from the Chiringuito that sometimes comments on City are saying the same thing. SER also insists with the release clause next summer.
What release clause? I read nothing about that but I don‘t even speak spanish so...

I also don‘t understand why he wants to return to Barca, at Madrid he could be the big star and Perez can actually put some serious money on the table after years of underinvesting.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What release clause? I read nothing about that but I don‘t even speak spanish so...

I also don‘t understand why he wants to return to Barca, at Madrid he could be the big star and Perez can actually put some serious money on the table after years of underinvesting.
Sorry, the info about the clause it was in another tweet that didn´t post. It is a quasi-mythical clause by which Neymar could leave Paris after two years.
Yes, Madrid would seem an obvious option, but crying to return to Barcelona is definitely not the best curriculum to sign for Madrid.

SalfordCitizen

Think Atletico Madrid will wind up winning the title this year. Barca second, Real third, Seville fourth.

DavidDeSchmikes

9 games into last season. Alaves were bottom of La Liga, lost 8 out of 9 games, scored 3 times, failed to score in 7 of those games, were already on their 2nd manager and Abelardo wasn't even there yet.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Varane trying to get lopetegui sacked by halftime :lol:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Varane is horrible since the end of the world cup.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How can a team such as Real Madrid end up playing with Asensio/Mariano/Vasquez, it's ridiculous.