La Liga 2019/20

Schneckerl

Valencia getting rid of Marcelinho is such a joke
One of the worst decision in recent years

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No Messi again and Suarez making bench so either side of Griezmann are young Fati and Perez. Both done well but you wouldn't have expected that front 3 so early on in the season.

First match of Celades, Valencia usually play very well at Camp Nou so this could be potential points dropped.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
O.k maybe not...:lol: 16 year old with another composed finish to put Barca one up.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A bit slow but VAR goes against the linesman and rightly gives the goal to Valencia.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Fati is already significantly better at trapping and controlling the ball in tight spaces than Dembele, despite being 6 years younger.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
If we had 10 midfielders and could do 5 subs, Busquets would still start and finish every game with Valverde :mad:

Marshal

So, Barça back to being "clear favorites-they have a super squad and wait until Messi returns they will be unstoppable" ??
Defense is still too poor, maybe not a big problem for La Liga (depending on Madrid teams performance) but any team with creates very clear chances with minimum effort.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I envy Barcelona. Taking forward home games with such clarity, and although the Masía does not work the same way,suddenly appears Ansu Fati.
Meanwhile Rodrygo against Langreo and most of Madrid fans checking how Mallorca, Real and Arsenal are playing every week.

About Valencia, It comes to mind the expression (I don´t know the english equivalent), "make the bed to the coach". Referred to the disdain, apathy and poor performance, more or less intentional, to provoke his sacking. We will see in the next weeks.

wr8_utd

:'(
As expected, Barca still do well at home even without Messi. Teams are just too intimidated and Barca are always looking to attack at home. It's away where they need to pick up some wins before Messi comes back.

Fati and Perez look like they'll play decent amount of minutes this season.

The Arthur, De Jong Busquets midifeld is brilliant.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I envy Barcelona. Taking forward home games with such clarity, and although the Masía does not work the same way,suddenly appears Ansu Fati.
Meanwhile Rodrygo against Langreo and most of Madrid fans checking how Mallorca, Real and Arsenal are playing every week.

About Valencia, It comes to mind the expression (I don´t know the english equivalent), "make the bed to the coach". Referred to the disdain, apathy and poor performance, more or less intentional, to provoke his sacking. We will see in the next weeks.
Ansu Fati could be the new Bojan-Jeffren-Cuenca-Tello-Deulofeu. We all know what happened to them.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ansu Fati could be the new Bojan-Jeffren-Cuenca-Tello-Deulofeu. We all know what happened to them.
Of course, but except Bojan I think that none of those you named had such an impact. And even Bojan and Deulofeu stood out mainly in the under 21/Barça B.
Then, obviously many things can happen. Bad decisions like Bojan or a brutal injury like Cuenca had. In fact I was reading that this boy recently had a tibia and fibula injury

PedroMendez

Acolyte

their players have been as explicit as they can be about the situation. They are very unhappy about sacking Marcelino and appointing this new guy. I don't blame them. The match today doesn't tell us anything about Barca, because the Valencia players played against the coach and the management.

Marcelino is very Mourinho-esque in the sense, that his teams can look quite dull. Nonetheless the results were about as good as they could possibly be. Giving that away in the hope to develop some youngsters is insane. I hope they get pummelled for the rest of the season. Shameful decisions and I feel a bit sorry for their fans. Its horrible to be owned by someone like Peter Lim. The whole Mendes connection makes things even worse.