La liga 2021/22

largelyworried

For all that drama, Barca’s first team is pretty decent for La Liga. If Busquets can stay fit and in form, then that midfield trio looks pretty good. Of course Messi for Braithwaite is one hell of a drop off, or even Aguero when fit. I don’t see them doing much in the CL but if Koeman can shake off the negativity in the squad they could still get the league.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
New Barcelona, two goals from headers...

Great delivery buy Memphis for first one. Contender for worst set piece ever with intercepted square pass nearly leading to Sociadad counter attack goal... though too :lol:

Braithwaite popping up all over. Surely he should be playing central with Memphis and Griezmann on either side. Weird tactical stuff going on.

RooneyLegend

Barca looking really good so far. Quicker and more intense. Not yet convinced by the overall quality.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good time to be playing La Real really. No Isak and Oyrazabal will be needing oxygen soon playing 100 games seemingly in 2021. :lol:

Plus their general record v Barca in last 3 years is really bad compared to the Madrid teams. Long time now since they were a jinx team for Barca.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Gorgeous play by Depay.

Didn't they sign Braithwaite as some kind of emergency striker during an injury crisis? He's turned out to be a very serviceable player for them. Buzzing for him, to be honest.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What a goal by Oyarazabal

3:1
Lobeta

3:2
Oyarzabal

4:2
Sergi

Last edited:

Anduin

Fun game, thought Barca were really good, though unsurprisingly they haven’t lost their ability to shoot themselves in both knees after being comfortable for most of the game :lol:

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
good game, but we always have that those 5-10 minutes than leave everything "on the brink".

depay was fantastic (especially the 1st part), i missed watching demir. i also hope some premier league teams watched braithwaite today and they finally sign him... haha.

and oyarzabal... you should have done that at the euros!!!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Boulaye Dia's looking like a good signing for Villarreal. He's so difficult to defend against, and he does a great job of using his physical traits to cause problems. His ability on the ball's been so good, too. He's going to be great for them this season.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I'm amazed by Pedri. How does he play so many games with so little rest ?
Its insane actually.. Im really surprised Koeman actually played him directly 90 minutes on sunday after arriving at Barca the thursday before.. This kid has no vacation.. No matter how tight your squad might be, Barca should send him on a two week holiday immediately. He needs a mental and physical break, even if he doesnt want it himself. This is actually just really bad employership.. (is that a proper Enligsh word? :D)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Its insane actually.. Im really surprised Koeman actually played him directly 90 minutes on sunday after arriving at Barca the thursday before.. This kid has no vacation.. No matter how tight your squad might be, Barca should send him on a two week holiday immediately. He needs a mental and physical break, even if he doesnt want it himself. This is actually just really bad employership.. (is that a proper Enligsh word? :D)
He's young I suppose but he's going to crash and burn at some point. This is kind of like when there is a clash of heads and a player suffers a concussion but wants to continue playing. Pedri is going to keep playing if he keeps being selected. The decision needs to be taken for him. He needs to fecking rest and recuperate properly.

prateik

That Barca bench looks pretty garbage.
Dembele, Fati, Aguero and Coutinho are out.. but even then.. looks pretty thin. Dembele and Aguero are out for a few months.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, Depay is one of the best possible options you can ask for if you're replacing Messi. Obviously nowhere near the level but he's great at many of the things they relied on Messi to do for them

Entertaining game this

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Barcelona is going to have a long season from defensive standpoint, Garcia/Piqué is just too poor.

EDIT : well, Piqué is injured, I'm pretty sure Araujo can't be worse...

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
La Liga is definitely doing down the drain from here. This is the worst Barcelona attack I've ever seen in all my 20+ years of watching European football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Call is correct, but damn it was late

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dominant Barca is officially in the past now. They're thoroughly average.