La liga 2022/23

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Could well be that we are the only team to advance, all other spanish sides knocked out in the group stages, that reflects poorly on the league.
What did you expect after Tebas forced the harshest financial fair play rules of all european leagues on every laliga team without considering corona losses. And to ease their situation a bit, he pressed many teams into signing that awful cvc deal for the next 50 years, which was a drop in the ocean for most teams anyways. But I'm sure he got his commission for it.
Madrid alone looked good financially because they had a very good squad to begin with and were saving for Mbappe for 3 years and since he refused to come, those finances looked even better.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla struggled with Lopetegui and were drawn into a really tough group, Barcelona were into a really rough group and made too many mistakes in games they shouldn't have lost and the pateticos will win their last 2 and go through anyways

NLunited

Never thought I would be rooting for Madrid. I sure hope they beat the sick goatfeckers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Rodrygo dropped. That's a bummer. Especially after saying in his current form he was undroppable...

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Sergi Roberto to defend Vinicius and no Gavi (our most energetic player right now) to lend a hand.

This starting 11 doesn't fill me with hope...

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I have little confidence in this match.
My prediction is 2-1 or 3-1 for Real Madrid

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Sergi Roberto to defend Vinicius and no Gavi (our most energetic player right now) to lend a hand.

This starting 11 doesn't fill me with hope...
Well it was either Roberto or Pique. Kounde is also not fit enough as a full back, since he got his medical green light 2 days ago. It's better if his stays behind and I'm sure he'll help Roberto to stop Vinicius. Also I like that Frenkie starts. I would have liked him on Busquets position, but Gavi needs also a pause. We look good in the Bernabeu most of the time, as Madrid does in the Camp Nou. It's strange, but I have a better clasico feeling in Madrid than at home.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Rodrygo dropped. That's a bummer. Especially after saying in his current form he was undroppable...
Did he say that? Maybe when Benzema was injured but not now. I would never drop Valverde in a game like this, especially when having superiority in midfield gives you an extra advantage against a three men midfield.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Vini blows Sergi Roberto, Ter Stegen with a great save and Benzema alone scores from the rejection.

The script today is so predictable.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Beautiful to see Kroos being fouled and carrying on

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Beyond stretching the pitch and leaving space around the player with the ball, there's 0 gameplan to this team beyond individual brilliance.

It's like taking the concept of "simplistic" football that was used against Zidane and throwing it to our face wrapped with razorblades.

Cloud7

If there’s one player on the field you would want at the end of that chance it would have been Lewandowski. That’s a shame.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
If there’s one player on the field you would want at the end of that chance it would have been Lewandowski. That’s a shame.
Commentators just said he was offside. Couldn't check myself.

Barcelona pushing harder now with Sergi Roberto.

Zen

I just saw something on twitter that a billion people will be watching this.... I legit didn't even know it was on until like 10 minutes ago :lol:

These fan accounts come up with any insane myth and people just casually believe them. It's wild.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
In terms of physicality, Valverde is on a different level compared to the Barca-midfield.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Who the feck is directing this game, they keep cutting away to replays so much. Missing so many plays.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Can’t say I really noticed him much prior to this season, but every matched I’ve watched him in this season he has been really good.
He's world class which is not an outrageous thing to say at this moment as he could back it up.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Can’t say I really noticed him much prior to this season, but every matched I’ve watched him in this season he has been really good.
Well you should have, was great last season too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We need to tighten up the press when they build up on their right side, pretty much all their really dangerous situations came from that - apart from the lewandowski miss which on replay did look offside anyways

We need to be a bit more assertive though. Ok we're leading, but their defence is really bad, we can really do a number on them today if we're a bit more aggressive and proactive instead of just speculating on the result and trying to hit them on the counter

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We need to tighten up the press when they build up on their right side, pretty much all their really dangerous situations came from that - apart from the lewandowski miss which on replay did look offside anyways

We need to be a bit more assertive though. Ok we're leading, but their defence is really bad, we can really do a number on them today if we're a bit more aggressive and proactive instead of just speculating on the result and trying to hit them on the counter
It's worked out just fine for you lot so might as well not change it.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Someone explain me that logic please. Why should the better winger Dembele play on his weaker position, so the worse winger Raphina isn't completely useless? Why do you slow down the better player? Xavi disappoints me in the last weeks. We all see that Dembele is far better on the right side. So if Raphina is useless on the left, he has to bench him and play Fati/Torres.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

Even during the Zidane era, we were so much better but only won with like 2-1 or something. Barca are much more ruthless in that sense and able to drive up the score (0-4 as the most recent example). Even when we are better, we never give them a trashing.

Need to fix that lefthand side, don’t give away anything and score more.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
We will miss Kroos if he finally retires this year, excellent beginning of the season. Tchouaméni in another very good game. He has come into the team very naturally and looks very calm.
Is it just me or has Raphinha not finished a single play correctly?