La liga 2022/23

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We will miss Kroos if he finally retires this year, excellent beginning of the season. Tchouaméni in another very good game. He has come into the team very naturally and looks very calm.
Is it just me or has Raphinha not finished a single play correctly?
Haven't seen the first half, but that's just the kind of player he is. He's basically Bruno Fernandes: winger edition. Produces some goals and assists, but mostly pretty erratic and wasteful.

That's why I was very glad we ended up with Antony instead of him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Someone explain me that logic please. Why should the better winger Dembele play on his weaker position, so the worse winger Raphina isn't completely useless? Why do you slow down the better player? Xavi disappoints me in the last weeks. We all see that Dembele is far better on the right side. So if Raphina is useless on the left, he has to bench him and play Fati/Torres.
In this game it makes sense though. You want your most dangerous player to not play against one of the best 1vs1 defenders in the world. Raphinha is also a more combinative player which is the way to attack against Mendy

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Someone explain me that logic please. Why should the better winger Dembele play on his weaker position, so the worse winger Raphina isn't completely useless? Why do you slow down the better player? Xavi disappoints me in the last weeks. We all see that Dembele is far better on the right side. So if Raphina is useless on the left, he has to bench him and play Fati/Torres.
Dembele was better at the start of the season from the right wing, lately he's been playing plenty in that wing and he's been as bad as on the left wing.

Raphinha is currently our 2nd best winger and finding a balance between both of them seems like a sensible decision. Our biggest problem for the past games has been insisting on the suicidal pressing line with a back line that's ill suited for that.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We will miss Kroos if he finally retires this year, excellent beginning of the season. Tchouaméni in another very good game. He has come into the team very naturally and looks very calm.
On the other hand, Valverde can play in his normal position if Kroos retires, though we will for sure miss some of Kroos qualities.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I am a big fan of Kroos' ability to sustain the press.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Barca look very dodgy after a very promising start to the season. They’re so easy to play through.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
How on Earth doesn't the referee show a yellow card to Alba for that?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Bernabeu singing "Balon de Oro" to Benzema.

Rüdiger and Asensio on.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
If the referee reviews the play it will be penalty.

GinobiliTheGOAT

He was offside to begin with, shouldn’t be a penalty

EDIT: was onside, my bad.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
And that's that, well deserved victory for Madrid.

Great sub by ancelloti.

avgp_1

Real stepped off but Kessie and Frenkie CM has looked a lot better than whatever Busquets was serving

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Shakier than it had any right to be, but we'll take it. We need to stop playing cat and mouse though

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I will cry when Modric and Kroos retire. :(

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I will cry when Modric and Kroos retire. :(
They are impossible to replace. I know you have a great talented and young midfield and will further improve it, but Modric and Kroos simply cannot be pressed and that asset is so hard to replace.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Well, October was supposed to give us the measure of this team and Xavi on how they compete.

- A dodgy win vs Celta.
- Losing vs Inter at home in what could've been a defeat for 2 or 3 goals more.
- Losing vs Real Madrid

And now we face Villarreal, Valencia and Bayern in a span of 2 weeks, I can honestly see this team getting a draw and 2 defeats from those games.

RoyH1

Deserved win. Militao pocketed Lewandowski and their midfield was so solid. When was the last time Madrid lost an official game?

Skills

Snitch
They are impossible to replace. I know you have a great talented and young midfield and will further improve it, but Modric and Kroos simply cannot be pressed and that asset is so hard to replace.
They're perfectly complimentary as well, in terms of the different skillsets they bring