La liga 2022/23

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You don't see the ball traveling from point A to point B. You see Fede hitting the ball, and then you see the ball in the net :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A long way to go but I think it's not far fetched to say that Madrid have this pretty much wrapping up, mentality monsters eh?

RoyH1

Send Valverde to Ukraine. They need those kinds of rockets to take care of business.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A long way to go but I think it's not far fetched to say that Madrid have this pretty much wrapping up, mentality monsters eh?
Unless we decide we don't. This was a game we should have been winning 4 or 5-0 at halftime. Needed late goals and a flurry of subs to get it done

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
You don't see the ball traveling from point A to point B. You see Fede hitting the ball, and then you see the ball in the net :lol:
That is exactly what happened on my TV, the refresh rate couldn’t keep up or something :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That is exactly what happened on my TV, the refresh rate couldn’t keep up or something :lol:
That's standard for his shots when he hits it square with the plant of the foot. Seriously, go watch some youtube videos, it's mesmerizing. Only other player i've ever seen regularly generating that much power on his shots was Adriano

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Unless we decide we don't. This was a game we should have been winning 4 or 5-0 at halftime. Needed late goals and a flurry of subs to get it done
Every title winning team has a game of this kind from time to time, what matters is that you lot still overcome the hurdle that it was , I also think you went make it far in cl this time around so la liga will be your bread and butter.

Also barca is shit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We don't have these games from time to time, we have them all the time though :lol:

It's our greatest flaw, instead of playing to our normal level and destroying overmatched opponents we tend to play down to their level, and do just enough

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Papu Gomez didn't enjoy Valverde's goal. Game about to end with nothing to play for and this happens

:houllier:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I don't know anymore how many games Madrid decided/won in the last 15 minutes or less. Their superior fitness to other spanish sides and effectivity infront of the goal is keeping them up there.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Almeria played the last 30 minutes against Villarreal 11 vs 9 and still had less possession and drew :houllier:

EDIT: Oh they're still playing. They better win :lol:

oh my....

Last edited:

Ole'sgunnarwin

Almeria played the last 30 minutes against Villarreal 11 vs 9 and still had less possession and drew :houllier:

EDIT: Oh they're still playing. They better win :lol:

oh my....
I was at the match. It was insane. Never seen anything like it.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't know anymore how many games Madrid decided/won in the last 15 minutes or less. Their superior fitness to other spanish sides and effectivity infront of the goal is keeping them up there.
Very surprised about this. One major reason Ancelotti was fired in Munich has been the team complaining about a lack of fitness.

Teja

Cheeky bid for Valverde if they go sign Bellingham?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
2 assists and 1 headed goal for Ousmane in 22 minutes, not bad. I don't know if I've ever seen him score a header before. Lewandowski imperial as always, they are clobbering Atletico right now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Very surprised about this. One major reason Ancelotti was fired in Munich has been the team complaining about a lack of fitness.
Our chief fitness coach is Pintus and he works for the club, not Ancelotti. He's the secret behind all of our recent success since Zidane first brought him to the club when he first took over in 2016

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Guess we have to win all the league games before WC, as Barca won't be dropping any.

RoyH1

I always get the feeling that save Espanyol, most Spanish clubs try harder against Madrid than they do with Barsa

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona are very strong at the Nou Camp (vs most national teams at least).They are the top scorers at home and they are yet to concede. Also, the league is not particularly strong this season.

If they drop points I expect it to be away from home.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Our chief fitness coach is Pintus and he works for the club, not Ancelotti. He's the secret behind all of our recent success since Zidane first brought him to the club when he first took over in 2016

Didn't know that. At Munich it was his son actually I believe being responsible for fitness and it was a huge concern and reason for him to get fired.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I always get the feeling that save Espanyol, most Spanish clubs try harder against Madrid than they do with Barsa
Nah, I think Barca’s play style exposed a lot more la liga teams especially those that prefer to have possession whereas Madrid’s style requires more of a grind. It’s also why Madrid fare better in CL as they can grind out games but Barca like to control them, and if they can’t they almost never win.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I really really hope they sack Xavi at the end of the season. They're gonna be scary next season

Blackwidow

Ancelotti's fitness coach and friend Giovanni Mauri retired. He even was smoking during training sessions...

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Have to laugh at the Almería result, against 9 men. That’s just criminal.

Barca look really good today, but hard to tell because Atleti have been really wank. They’ve spent a shed load of dosh on some good players, so you’d expect them and Madrid to fight it out for the title, which appears to be happening.

Growing up Barca was always my Spanish team. Fell in love with that Romario/Stoichkov front line. Then Ronaldo, and Rivaldo. Was always a magic about them. Lived over there for a few years and it just cemented my love for them as my second team. Wonderful city too.

But these last few years, with their arrogance and financial irresponsibility. Their briefing against their own players, leaking against them, campaigning against them, bullying them, having this “we can do whatever we want“ attitude and treating people like dirt, and their incessant whining and unethical behaviour; I’m not sure there’s a club I despise more in world football right now. Especially with this “Mes que Un Club” nonsense. Used to mean something, now it’s just a horrible marketing slogan for a bunch of scumbags. Desperate for them to crash out the CL and have more financial problems.

It’s funny because Madrid was always the villain of Spanish football, with their state aid and historical ties to Franco. Yet here we are and Madrid is now a club I respect way more. Don’t get me wrong, they are both shitty to some extent, with their controlling dominance of Spanish football, greedy hogging of all the TV money creating a desperately uneven playing field, and their influence behind driving (still) the ESL; but Madrid is at least a well run club, and they treat their players with I finitely more respect than Barca. But then again, who doesn’t. Takes a lot for a long time (secondary) fan of Barca, to switch allegiances to their arch rivals, but that’s how the reprobates at Barca have made me feel. Watching El Clásico, I couldn’t help but wish Real gave them a spanking. The cnuts.

Would love for Barca to return to the values and magic of old but think that ship has sailed now. All clubs are cynical marketing ships, but Barca align it with an odious lack of ethics, all while acting superior to everyone else. Hate the fact that players are still desperate to go there, even though they know that the club is likely to try and renegotiate or renege on their contracts, or hound them out the club when they don’t have a use for them or want a shiny new toy.

Last edited:

GinobiliTheGOAT

I really really hope they sack Xavi at the end of the season. They're gonna be scary next season
Xavi will come good, he’s shown some great potential just needs to be a little less stubborn. He’s getting there. I still think he’s the right manager at the end of the day.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Xavi will come good, he’s shown some great potential just needs to be a little less stubborn. He’s getting there. I still think he’s the right manager at the end of the day.
I don't think his stubborness had anything to do with the big game losses.
With Roberto and Pique in the defense and the old man Busquets in front of them, no manager in the world would have beaten Inter and Madrid. Barca's best 3 defenders injured themselves in the most crucial moment. We need less injury bad luck and a good full back on the right side, because we lack one since Alves left in 2016. Balde looking superb so far on the left. This generation we got lucky again with the young players it seems. Just need to fill in the holes with external transfers.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Papu Gomez didn't enjoy Valverde's goal. Game about to end with nothing to play for and this happens

:houllier:
Tremendous wild kick. That's a very clear red card. And many punishment matches.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Only 1 Spanish team left in the Champions league.
Is this the first time? Only 1 team from La liga to make it past the first stage?
Not a good year for the spanish league overall, even us aren't particularly great or anything... but then I think it's hilarious the way Atlético and Barcelona got eliminated. :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not a good year for the spanish league overall, even us aren't particularly great or anything... but then I think it's hilarious the way Atlético and Barcelona got eliminated. :lol:
Is it true that you Spanish fans generally like to see the league do well in Europe?

Definitely not the same attitude for pl fans which would rather see the other teamssink and burn .