giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Actually betis at home, last game of last season in the league

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The result was good, but honestly we didn't do much in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Barcelona also weren't good, but we could have caused more trouble for them.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
The result was good, but honestly we didn't do much in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Barcelona also weren't good, but we could have caused more trouble for them.
There is no strong LaLiga team right now imo. You were mediocre and we were even worse. A weak clasico overall. Our defense is not even LaLiga worthy if Araujo is injured and Garcia and Roberto have to play. Araujo, Christensen and Kounde made our defense look way better than it actually is. The gap between those 3 and the rest is huge. I fear a bad year for spanish clubs, because Atleti plays also badly and we all see what happened to Sevilla. Also thanks to Tebas and his ffp rules.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Not sure if top 3, but definitely in the conversation.

Pintu

Barcelona's games this season have been fun to watch. This was always going to be a tough game, both physically and psychologically, after that exhausting tie in the CL. But they will be back and will challenge Madrid for the title. But Xavi needs to learn from his mistakes (Busquets is washed... Should never have allowed Kroos to take that pass...).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They wasted so much money though. Did they *really* need Raphinha with Dembele staying? Alonso??? Kessie ffs come on. At least wait to see if you actually manage to sell De Jong before paying 12m a year to your 5th choice midfielder...and given they wanted to sign Bernardo anyways, too. They have Nico as well...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona's games this season have been fun to watch. This was always going to be a tough game, both physically and psychologically, after that exhausting tie in the CL. But they will be back and will challenge Madrid for the title. But Xavi needs to learn from his mistakes (Busquets is washed... Should never have allowed Kroos to take that pass...).
Xavi may have dropped Alba and Pique when other players are fit, but i'm not sure he is going to drop Busquets though.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I gave up on Real Madrid playing well against Barcelona for 90 minutes a long time ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Xavi may have dropped Alba and Pique when other players are fit, but i'm not sure he is going to drop Busquets though.
Because De Jong isn't very good in that system. He's just not a great passer and they need a passer there so the two inside forwards can stay up and crash the box

Dr. StrangeHate

There is no strong LaLiga team right now imo. You were mediocre and we were even worse. A weak clasico overall. Our defense is not even LaLiga worthy if Araujo is injured and Garcia and Roberto have to play. Araujo, Christensen and Kounde made our defense look way better than it actually is. The gap between those 3 and the rest is huge. I fear a bad year for spanish clubs, because Atleti plays also badly and we all see what happened to Sevilla. Also thanks to Tebas and his ffp rules.
You circumvented all of the rules by levers and got all the players you wanted other than Silva. Silva alone wouldn't have won you that match.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Because De Jong isn't very good in that system. He's just not a great passer and they need a passer there so the two inside forwards can stay up and crash the box
De Jong may not be a "real" DM, but surely someone who can actually track back is better overall?
All i know is Barcelona were slightly less bad when Busquets saw the bench.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I gave up on Real Madrid playing well against Barcelona for 90 minutes a long time ago.
We have a bit of a complex against them. Always respect them more than they deserve. Play this game with intensity and aggression and we annihilate them. Instead we play in a way that nearly guarantees us a win but still gives them a chance

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
De Jong may not be a "real" DM, but surely someone who can actually track back is better overall?
All i know is Barcelona were slightly less bad when Busquets saw the bench.
Not really. They only got a bit better late on thanks to Ansu and Gavi

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not really. They only got a bit better late on thanks to Ansu and Gavi
Yes really, Busquets had a major part to play in the goals they conceded, just not having a grandpa at DM would have improved their chances.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I will cry when Modric and Kroos retire. :(
I think we will miss Kroos as as a great DLP more than Modric as an all round great midfielder. Modric has potential clones in Valverde/Cama/Bellingham but I honestly can’t think of a single hyped young DLP. There was Tonali but the hype around him has died for a couple of seasons now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think we will miss Kroos as as a great DLP more than Modric as an all round great midfielder. Modric has potential clones in Valverde/Cama/Bellingham but I honestly can’t think of a single hyped young DLP. There was Tonali but the hype around him has died for a couple of seasons now.
Scored the winner yesterday though! I don’t think he was the DLP everyone thought he was. He saw himself more as a Gattuso

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Crazy ending to Sevilla/Valencia today. A three-minute VAR review led to a red card reversal, a red card issued to another player, and a penalty award. Spot kick was saved though.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid are playing very good football today. 0-1 so far but had two disallowed goals for very narrow offsides.

Best first half of the season if you don't count the one vs Shaktar.

Elche doing it well when they play on the counter in spite of everything.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid are playing very good football today. 0-1 so far but had two disallowed goals for very narrow offsides.

Best first half of the season if you don't count the one vs Shaktar.

Elche doing it well when they play on the counter in spite of everything.
Need that second goal, we can’t keep a clean sheet this season.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Benzema finally gets his goal after having two goals & an assist VARed off :lol:

Great point blank save by Lunin some time before.

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Phenomenal goal from Asensio now.

Supposed it does not get disallowed :wenger:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona

I'm 100% sure, Tebas is only interested in his commission money for the terrible cvc deal he forced on many clubs and nothing else. Now he even threatens with a strike.
This guy needs to be removed from office asap. A terrible league president.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Barcelona improved with Busquets out of the starting lineup. Who would have thought?

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Barcelona improved with Busquets out of the starting lineup. Who would have thought?
Exactly. Frenkie has done really well at DM ahead of him and is getting cheers from the crowd, hopefully the penny finally drops for Xavi and his Busquets obsession.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going flat for Gattuso at Valencia already by looks of it, Mallorca generally outplayed them tonight and they only drew with Elche last home game so won't be long before Mestella is seething.

Baba had a fantastic game for Mallorca at DM. He'd be a smart pick up for a few prem teams in January if he has decent release clause.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vini-->Lukita= good things

To be honest given their lineup tonight if we don't win this comfortably i'd be disappointed

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Modric scores after a great play from Vinicius :drool:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid heritage kicking in here: if we can needlessly complicate an easy game on our own, we will :lol:

Pintu

They've been trying, they deserved to get a goal at least. But Madrid players have been wasteful.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
That shot by Valverde was so hard the framerate couldn’t keep up :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fede has an H-bomb in the leg, nevermind a stone