La liga 2022/23

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's a massive result. Out of the bottom 3 for now, Valencia need to carry this momentum under Baraja
Very good win but two of their next three are Barca and Atletico Madrid away.

Such a good relegation battle this season. Elche totally adrift but other two spots very open with all of Espanyol, Cadiz, Girona, Valladolid winning a couple of games in last month.

Sevilla been on a very good run themselves since the winter break but they're still only three points clear of 19th. Can see a team going down on 40 points.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Seeing Asensio on the pitch always makes me think of this legendary tweet from french journalist Fred Hermel, who's ultra pro Real :
"Mbappé 180 M
Asensio 3 M
See you in 2 years to talk about it

That's a very risky bet. Last year's team was stronger and it took luck and the best version of Benzema to win it. Real Madrid really is a different beast in the CL but still, it won't work every year.
Fred Hermel is such an idiot :lol:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Very good win but two of their next three are Barca and Atletico Madrid away.

Such a good relegation battle this season. Elche totally adrift but other two spots very open with all of Espanyol, Cadiz, Girona, Valladolid winning a couple of games in last month.

Sevilla been on a very good run themselves since the winter break but they're still only three points clear of 19th. Can see a team going down on 40 points.
Celta is also in the fight not to be relegated. With the new coach we are playing better, in several games like against Villarreal, Atlético de Madrid or Real Sociedad we were able to get a better result. And today very important match against Valladolid.
An injury of Aspas and Veiga and we tremble.

And yes, it seems that this year salvation may be at 40 points.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
As Morty said, Asensio never was close to a world class talent even before he did his ACL. He lost his spot in Real's starting team in october of 2018 after a pretty bad begining of the season for his team, then got injured and permanently lost his spot to Bale or Vinicius.

He scored some world class goals in important games so people who watch Real occasionnaly could have thought he was a top talent.
Cmon man, let me like the guy :wenger:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Girona are playing some fantastic football here
Team with quality in the midfield. Romeu, A. García and R. Riquelme give balance and ball control to the team. A. Martínez he is a very interesting player for RB, only 19 years old.

avgp_1

Team with quality in the midfield. Romeu, A. García and R. Riquelme give balance and ball control to the team. A. Martínez he is a very interesting player for RB, only 19 years old.
Yeah lovely team to watch. This has been a very good game

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think I changed my opinion from yesterday

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Another goal from Gabri Veiga. For the year he is no longer at Celta.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
A horrible first half. No speed, no shots, many mistakes. Don't see how we can win here.

JustinC00

Barca really not taking the loss well, about to drop 3 to a team in the relegation zone

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
A deserved defeat. First time zero shots on goal. Second half only weak crosses. This is on Xavi.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
2 goals and an assist. Could have had another which hit the woodwork, he is having some season this lad
He has a clause of €40M. I would be surprised if he wasn't signed by a team. Here Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Newcastle and United have sounded like interested teams. I don't know what it will be true.

He was already on the shortlist for the World Cup. This year he may go to the Spanish team and only 20 years old.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
A deserved defeat. First time zero shots on goal. Second half only weak crosses. This is on Xavi.
Deserved defeat. You have the option to almost sentence the league and Xavi makes rotations. Not understood from any perspective.

avgp_1

He has a clause of €40M. I would be surprised if he wasn't signed by a team. Here Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Newcastle and United have sounded like interested teams. I don't know what it will be true.

He was already on the shortlist for the World Cup. This year he may go to the Spanish team and only 20 years old.
Yup can understand the PL links.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A horrible first half. No speed, no shots, many mistakes. Don't see how we can win here.
You've actually been pretty bad in a lot of games this year. This was coming. Doesn't matter anyways

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You've actually been pretty bad in a lot of games this year. This was coming. Doesn't matter anyways
Barcelona has scored 45 goals so far in the League. That's VERY low by their standards. But since they didn't concede a lot of goals they won pretty often by a 1 goal margin with a totally average performance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona has scored 45 goals so far in the League. That's VERY low by their standards. But since they didn't concede a lot of goals they won pretty often by a 1 goal margin with a totally average performance.
When i say this year i mean 2023, they were actually pretty great in the league before the WC. They've gotten significantly worse, which is borne out by advanced stats too. We're actually been better than them in terms of performances overall, just...grrrr. They somehow beat atletico with Araujo clearing a goal off the line even he didn't know how, while we lose to Mallorca on an epic scale own goal and miss a penalty. Fml :mad:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Now, if we beat them in CDR, it might cause something of a collapse for Barcelona.
But even if they fall apart in the league, it still depends on us actually stringing together some wins, i wouldn't count on it.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Now, if we beat them in CDR, it might cause something of a collapse for Barcelona.
But even if they fall apart in the league, it still depends on us actually stringing together some wins, i wouldn't count on it.
Wishful thinking imo, Barca could lose the next 5 league games and still be leading with 7 points given how poor we’ve been in the league.

Think it won’t even be close and they’ll prolly widen the gap. Our best bet is the Copa and CL.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Wishful thinking imo, Barca could lose the next 5 league games and still be leading with 7 points given how poor we’ve been in the league.

Think it won’t even be close and they’ll prolly widen the gap. Our best bet is the Copa and CL.

Also, Ancelotti will likely serve us some conservative stuff against an injury-ridden Barca, and considering there are two legs in the semis(absolutely no idea why they decided to keep that), i would certainly not take anything for granted in CDR either.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Comunicado oficial by Cadiz CF

Cadiz CF is set to stop participating in LaLiga. They claim their 1:1 against Elche from January 17 must be replayed, starting from the moment of Elche's foul equaliser, with a score of 1:0, for reasons of integrity of the game, no less.

They've filed at Tribunal Administrativo del Deporte (TAD), a court beneath the Spanish Consejo Superior de Deportes (CSD), the High Court of Sports.

TAD will announce tomorrow what is thought to be a decline of their competence, referring to regulations stating they're competent to disciplinary matters, when this is an administrative one; we'll see.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Also, Ancelotti will likely serve us some conservative stuff against an injury-ridden Barca, and considering there are two legs in the semis(absolutely no idea why they decided to keep that), i would certainly not take anything for granted in CDR either.
Happens so often in the Clasico, no matter the manager. Don't know what it is. Even during that period where we hadn't lost to them for quite some time and were the better side, at most we get a 3-1. Could excuse it when they had Messi, but still. They are much better at trashing a Clasico than we are. Like the last league game, went up 2-0 and we decide to sit back and let them play ball. Unnecessarily making it tight as they got the 2-1. Very frustrating.

I'm expecting something similar today, they got a lot of injuries but we concede for fun. Expecting a draw, 2-2.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
So we play today without Dembele, Pedri, Lewy and Christensen is on the bench because of ankle pain. 4 key players missing and our great form this year with 2 defeats in a row. If that's not a good motivation to look forward to the clasico, I don't know what is.
The goal should be not to lose with 3+ goals difference, so the return game remains interesting.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think that deserved a yellow, de jong was as much clinging to him as he did.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Vinicius needs to calm down, he's more and more agitated and his behaviour with refs isn't tolerable. We know he's going through a lot in some games but it can't excuse everything.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Real choking once again. Pathetic.