La liga 2022/23

Anyway, I only hope that incident will open things up a little more because this game has been a snoozefest so far.

Usually a red card would have the opposite effect, but with Atleti, at least they now only have 10 men behind the ball instead of 11. :lol:

Good goal that, very poor performance by Real. LaLiga was lost ages ago but you’d expect some effort at least.

Feck Atletico, but I almost don't begrudge them nicking a set piece goal after that red.

The only excuse for Real is that they did play a massive intensity game in midweek. Hopefully Liverpool look half as shit as they have tonight.

On BeIn, the co-commentator said even as a pro Real Madrid, he found the decision shocking

I'm watching it on ITV, and it turns out the guy defending it is actually a former Utd player called Terry Gibson. Not that it's done Real any good. They've been so flat today.

EDIT: And right as I post that, they score. I must be a minute or two behind.

That Alvaro kid could have something. Was really impressed by his mentality and composure to grab an assist in their last league game immediately after having one ruled out.

Great header in a back to the wall situation.

That Alvaro kid could have something. Was really impressed by his mentality and composure to grab an assist in their last league game immediately after having one ruled out.

Great header in a back to the wall situation.

Hopefully, a lot of times these types of talents start out rather good but fail to build on it. We’ll see where this one goes.

I’m convinced this Real team performs better when the odds are small, don’t know why.

Eh. Flat, bad performance. If Vini doesn't play well our attack craters. Asensio as always sucks when he starts, no Rodrygo hurt us today. Anyways, it's been all about the CL for the past 2 months now so, meh

At least the league is done for sure now, time to rotate heavily in the league, have CL and CDR coming up.

Alvaro, only positive from the game.

No way Barcelona can lose this league given the kind of vibes Madrid gives in the competition.

Eh. Flat, bad performance. If Vini doesn't play well our attack craters. Asensio as always sucks when he starts, no Rodrygo hurt us today. Anyways, it's been all about the CL for the past 2 months now so, meh

Benzema was back though, didnt help.

Benzema was back though, didnt help.
It's fairly obvious by our lack of intensity that we're kind of mailing it in in the league now

I mean, we had a tough, packed schedule in January and our fitness levels were pre/early season. Either something went seriously wrong, which is unlikely given we have Pintus, or it was deliberate, which means we clearly prioritized and chose the CL

That should give us a boost to win tomorrow and extend the lead to 10 possible points. who would have thought it after that league's start :drool:

That should give us a boost to win tomorrow and extend the lead to 10 possible points. who would have thought it after that league's start :drool:

Yeah, you will get your classic 1-0, congratulations.

Seeing Asensio on the pitch always makes me think of this legendary tweet from french journalist Fred Hermel, who's ultra pro Real :
"Mbappé 180 M
Asensio 3 M
See you in 2 years to talk about it

It's fairly obvious by our lack of intensity that we're kind of mailing it in in the league now

I mean, we had a tough, packed schedule in January and our fitness levels were pre/early season. Either something went seriously wrong, which is unlikely given we have Pintus, or it was deliberate, which means we clearly prioritized and chose the CL

That's a very risky bet. Last year's team was stronger and it took luck and the best version of Benzema to win it. Real Madrid really is a different beast in the CL but still, it won't work every year.

Such a different level of intensity from Valencia. They should have scored atleast a couple of more goals

That's a massive result. Out of the bottom 3 for now, Valencia need to carry this momentum under Baraja

Seeing Asensio on the pitch always makes me think of this legendary tweet from french journalist Fred Hermel, who's ultra pro Real :
"Mbappé 180 M
Asensio 3 M
See you in 2 years to talk about it

That is unfair to Asensio. He did look amazing when he popped onto the scene but never again like his old self after he did his ACL.

That is unfair to Asensio. He did look amazing when he popped onto the scene but never again like his old self after he did his ACL.

He is not radically different, yes it has affected him, but he was never this out of the world talent people think he is.
He was never really a starter, he was something of a suber substitute, came on and scored a bunch of great long range goals, but he never really had extreme qualities outside his long shot.

Its fine though, he was a cheap talent the club bought, he has done more than enough to justify his low price.

As Morty said, Asensio never was close to a world class talent even before he did his ACL. He lost his spot in Real's starting team in october of 2018 after a pretty bad begining of the season for his team, then got injured and permanently lost his spot to Bale or Vinicius.

He scored some world class goals in important games so people who watch Real occasionnaly could have thought he was a top talent.