La liga 2022/23

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lewa is a goal machine. Ruthless finish. Great assist from Kounde.

wr8_utd

:'(
That's the brainless side of Dembélé. An easy pass to slip in Lewa and that's 3-0.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Bayern should be very worried. They can get torn up by Barcas attack. Lewa will bully Upamenaco.

wr8_utd

Eh I guess that happens sometimes when you’re that good. You’re too used to having to carry a team since young.
He's just never going to be a little more consistent and sensible with his choices unfortunately and by now, he really should cut out these brain farts. There was just no need to do that there and for his sake, hopefully Barca don't love live to regret that chance.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bayern should be very worried. They can get torn up by Barcas attack. Lewa will bully Upamenaco.
Yeah I would be a bit worried about Barca if I was a Bayern fan. They are devastatingly good up front. They’re creating chances almost at will, even when it looks like they aren’t playing well, still a steady flow of great chances. It’s early but they look like a genuine CL contender to me.

wr8_utd

Barca’s defence looks very sus too. Mane’s going to find a lot of joy.
Yup, the defense still doesn't look great. Araujo and Kounde would be their best bet at CB but Xavi doesn't trust his right backs so unfortunately one of them will keep playing there.

Pronewbie

Peep
He's just never going to be a little more consistent and sensible with his choices unfortunately and by now, he really should cut out these brain farts. There was just no need to do that there and for his sake, hopefully Barca don't love live to regret that chance.
I agree and doubt he will kick that part out of his game. He reminds me a bit of young Ronnie tearing things up and making the wrong final decision or deliberately being selfish.

wr8_utd

Lewa is pretty great, as we all knew already .
He's exactly what they've needed to be honest. Suarez and Neymar were amazing but even they weren't remotely clinical. It's a pity we didn't get to see Messi feed Lewa in this Barca side.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's exactly what they've needed to be honest. Suarez and Neymar were amazing but even they weren't remotely clinical. It's a pity we didn't get to see Messi feed Lewa in this Barca side.
Would have been filthy.

wr8_utd

Barcelona haven't even been great and yet creating chances at will. They're just a constant threat with Raphinha and Demebele.

wr8_utd

Something commendable about Xavi is that he hasn't really let sentiment get in the way of dropping the more ageing members of the squad. You'd not have seen earlier managers drop Pique and Alba.

Nick7

Barcelona haven't even been great and yet creating chances at will. They're just a constant threat with Raphinha and Demebele.
Sevilla have been dirt poor every time I’ve seen them this season. Barca are good yeah but of Sevilla are very much not good

wr8_utd

Sevilla have been dirt poor every time I’ve seen them this season. Barca are good yeah but of Sevilla are very much not good
Sevilla are poor this season for sure but it's still a tough away game for Barca and despite not being at their best, they're creating chances for fun.

wr8_utd

Can definitely see Ferran being another one of those on the market soon enough. He just isn't anywhere as good as Fati, Dembele or Raphinha.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A ton of their attack goes through Raphinha, incredibly important for them.

Nick7

Sevilla are poor this season for sure but it's still a tough away game for Barca and despite not being at their best, they're creating chances for fun.
Oh 100% yeah. Just kinda shocked at how bad Sevilla have been.

wr8_utd

sevilla hasn't been a tough away game for Barca for a very long time
Barca’s last 8 away games at Sevilla have produced 4 draws and 2 wins each for both teams. Sevilla away isn't an easy game for them.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
So far the 3 players we did pay a transfer for seem to be worth it. I have a feeling Koundé will play a lot as RB. He is really solid there both defending and attacking. Unless Bellerin manages to recover his best Arsenal form I don't see him playing over Koundé in tough games.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So far the 3 players we did pay a transfer for seem to be worth it. I have a feeling Koundé will play a lot as RB. He is really solid there both defending and attacking. Unless Bellerin manages to recover his best Arsenal form I don't see him playing over Koundé in tough games.
Bellerin is terrible these days. The chances of him stealing any minutes from Kounde in any position is zero.

wr8_utd

There's more chance of Sergi Roberto playing RB regularly again than Bellerin imo. The latter just seems another one of their free signings that they'll ultimately move on for a profit. Kessie, Auba, Depay, Christiansen, and Bellerin all came in on frees and I can't see them staying too long at the club.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
There's more chance of Sergi Roberto playing RB regularly again than Bellerin imo. The latter just seems another one of their free signings that they'll ultimately move on for a profit. Kessie, Auba, Depay, Christiansen, and Bellerin all came in on frees and I can't see them staying too long at the club.
Bellerin signed a single season. I guess next year the targets will be an RB, a replacement for Busquets and Bernardo Silva.

wr8_utd

Bellerin signed a single season. I guess next year the targets will be an RB, a replacement for Busquets and Bernardo Silva.
Yup, a right back is definitely needed. Bernardo would be great but not a pressing need imo.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Depay and Bellerin's contracts expire next summer. So no profit there.
Sergi Roberto ins't nearly as bad as people think he is. I don't get why he is so hated. His salary is low, he never complains, he comes from La Masía.

wr8_utd

Depay and Bellerin's contracts expire next summer. So no profit there.
Sergi Roberto ins't nearly as bad as people think he is. I don't get why he is so hated. His salary is low, he never complains, he comes from La Masía.
Sergi has definitely improved this season and done well whenever he's come on. Barca fans do overdo the hatred though as we've seen with Sergi and Rakitic in the past.