La Liga 2023/24

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Has Ramos weakened their defense? Age comes for everyone, but thought he was decent the select few times I watched PSG last season.
Dunno. He's consistently their best defender, but they are worse as a team

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has Ramos weakened their defense? Age comes for everyone, but thought he was decent the select few times I watched PSG last season.
He's getting caught out regularly from what I've seen and they need to play back 5 to incorporate him. It's very much like Rio Ferdinand at QPR as he's just gone on a season too long and lack of quality around is exposing him.

Him passing to Rakitic feels like Sevilla are stuck back in a timewarp as neither can make the required impact in 2024. Navas at least can still get up and down the right pretty well for 37 but again injured currently and substandard replacement.

They desperately need a win v Alaves as they then have Girona and both Madrids in the month after and then the games start to run out.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wow. Wow. They REALLY don't want barcelona out of the title race uh?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
What could have been a great la liga round, turned into a rather bad one.

Girona and Barca just can't stop grabbing winners at the latest moments.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That is never a foul ffs. It's a contact sport

Winrar

Gundogan continues to score important goals... is what I thought until I realized this was one of his only 3 goals in the league.

To be fair his other 2 goals were against table toppers Real Madrid and Girona.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Refs still on Barca’s payroll.

RoyH1

Refs still on Barca’s payroll.
That's the thing about the Negreira case. It's not so much that referees get money for helping Barsa. It's that having the man in charge getting money from Barcelonaover the years has created culture in the referee corps where giving those 50-50's to Barsa is the norm. That was never a penalty unless the rules about contact have changed

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico - Real Madrid in Supercopa semifinals now

1-1 so far

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Not that interesting of a game. Then again…neither is this dumb cup.

Kepa isn’t any good, Lunin should be first GK. Nacho was always decent but has been poor this season. Hope the reports of an early Militao return are true.

Both team don’t seem to go all out. Can’t blame them.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
ET and last 20 min of the second half were much more enjoyable.

But honestly this cup ain’t worth the effort. Especially at this stage of the season.

Real Name

You mean the crowd whistling during the moment of silence for Beckenbauer and every time Kroos touched the ball?
Yeah something like that. Baffling decision that game is played there. I know its not new but I'm apalled every time.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah something like that. Baffling decision that game is played day. I know its not new but I'm apalled every time.
I would normally watch Real vs Atleti and either one of them against Barca but I am sitting this one out. As you said: horrible decision

RoyH1

Yeah something like that. Baffling decision that game is played day. I know its not new but I'm apalled every time.
Rubiales and Piqué needed to make some easy money and the Saudis were glad to oblige.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Why is he twisting the guy’s nipple man :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, all season long, it is kind of impressive to watch Gundogan at Barcelona. Specifically, it's impressive to watch just how far above everybody else in that team he is

It's seriously impressive that City managed to win only 1 CL with that team :wenger::lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sevilla just so directionless.

Aimless punts upfield that lead to little and they can't defend crosses at all.

Ocampos only good thing about them in final third, surprised he's still there.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla fight back from 2 down against Alaves only to lose 3-2 late on. It's been a cruel return for Ramos, should've just headed for the sun and put his feet up.
Meh, more respect to finish your career in a home club, in a proper league, rather than go to SA anyway imo.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Insane start to the clasico. Neither team can defend :lol:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
2-1, Madrid did feck all after the 2-0 so it was coming.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know if that's a penalty. I think Kounde should have been off, but I don't like this penalty

Still, dumb from Araujo - who is great but really needs to learn not to use the arms so much

Vini hat trick

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone else hate that these stuttered-with-barely-any-forward-momentum penalties are allowed or am I just getting old? Well-taken though.

antk

Anyone else hate that these stuttered-with-barely-any-forward-momentum penalties are allowed or am I just getting old? Well-taken though.
This one was particularly egregious. I don't like it either.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’ve just told my son you’re not allowed to pause during the run-up and he has no clue what I’m talking about