Lady Cathy Ferguson - Sir Alex Ferguson's wife has passed away

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Ah - that's sad to hear. RIP Cathy.

Big Andy

Bloke
Heard this news yesterday, but saw nothing on social media or news so thought it was bollocks.

sad news

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
My lad just told me this. So sad, an utter rock for SAF during his playing and managerial career. As the old saying goes, behind every great man, there's a great woman.

RIP

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Ah shit, that’s very sad indeed. I hope the big guy is doing ok. Nearly 60 years together.

NZT-One

Thats sad news. Very sorry to hear that and I hope, Sir Alex will find strength in this difficult times. Wish him and and the whole family the best

IRELANDUNITED

RIP to Lady Cathy and deepest condolences to all the Ferguson family. Sir Alex has said on multiple occasions that she was his absolute rock throughout his career and we should be very grateful for that. May she rest in peace and may the family be given strength to help them through this awful time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ah bollocks, I’m glad he managed to give her the decade she deserved alongside him.RIP

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Oh every single one of us
Loves Cathy Ferguson

RiP Lady Ferguson

48 hours

RIP to Cathy. I remember my mum telling me a story of SAF and Cathy. My mum worked in an electrical store and SAF and Cathy came in to get a new oven. SAF first got a bollocking from her for not showing an interest in a new oven. Then when he ventured an opinion, he received a reply of what does he know about ovens?
Probably was the only person in the world who could treat SAF that way and still get his devotion

Yagami

Good post resistant
Rest in peace. I'm sure there'll be a minutes silence at Old Trafford.

Gandalf

Has to be acknowledged at the game tomorrow.

This is terribly sad and it will be so hard for him, it was clear in everything he ever said about her how much he loved her and depended on her throughout his career.

ForeverRed1

Behind every great man is an even greater women. She stopped him from retiring in 2002 thankfully for us. She was united through and through and his rock through it all.

Sad news.

brian017

Tuned into SSN and saw the tail end of the Breaking News strap and saw “former Manchester United manager SAF has died aged 84”. They could have worded it a bit better.

RIP Cathy. I know Alex loved her very much. I hope he gets the love, support and privacy he needs

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Has to be acknowledged at the game tomorrow.

This is terribly sad and it will be so hard for him, it was clear in everything he ever said about her how much he loved her and depended on her throughout his career.
Makes me worry about him now tbh. I've seen lots of times when someone loses their life partner they lose a little bit of themselves and pass within the next few years. Happened with both sets of my grandparents.