Said he saw the Spanish Rooney
So I asked, who is he?
Goes by the name Lamime
Lamine
Lamine
Goes by the name of Yamal Lamine
:lol: the OG is still my favourite chant of all time

In Rainbows

I don't know what they do in la Macia but we need to copy it.
One thing they do differently is they teach a possession style structure very early to their kids. It's one thing you notice when you watch u10-12 United vs other Spanish clubs. United seem to favor letting the players express themselves more, but they tend to surrender the ball more so they see less of the ball. It's up to you to decide which way is better.

I see positive and negatives from both styles. By letting them explore their limits on the pitch, they can potentially exceed them as they get older where they'll have to think quicker on the ball. On the other hand, by giving them structure, they will probably outproduce United in players comfortable with the ball at their feet so that style of coaching isn't all that new and they can adapt to that style in the future when United want to enact those tactics. Another thing is that unintentionally (of course they target that intentionally), Barca could be favoring more technical players because technical players will be more likely to succeed under the structure that is imposed on them early on, where essentially the lesser players who are unable to thrive in that style are weeded out gradually.

And another thing they USED (they're banned from doing that now) to do is that they could recruit players/kids from all over the world. That's why they were able to get Takefusa Kubo playing for their youth teams from the age of 10.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
One thing they do differently is they teach a possession style structure very early to their kids. It's one thing you notice when you watch u10-12 United vs other Spanish clubs. United seem to favor letting the players express themselves more, but they tend to surrender the ball more so they see less of the ball. It's up to you to decide which way is better.

I see positive and negatives from both styles. By letting them explore their limits on the pitch, they can potentially exceed them as they get older where they'll have to think quicker on the ball. On the other hand, by giving them structure, they will probably outproduce United in players comfortable with the ball at their feet so that style of coaching isn't all that new and they can adapt to that style in the future when United want to enact those tactics. Another thing is that unintentionally (of course they target that intentionally), Barca could be favoring more technical players because technical players will be more likely to succeed under the structure that is imposed on them early on, where essentially the lesser players who are unable to thrive in that style are weeded out gradually.

And another thing they USED (they're banned from doing that now) to do is that they could recruit players/kids from all over the world. That's why they were able to get Takefusa Kubo playing for their youth teams from the age of 10.
Everything you say is true. Just add one thing. Barcelona gives players freedom to develop their quality and imagination, but they are taught in which area of the field and at what opportune time. To summarize, they are told where and when. Teach them to be smart and choose the right decisión.

Hoof the ball

I want to know why Spain absolutely cannot create a no.9 at all. It feels like we're watching Morata for what seems like going on two decades now.

Ted Lasso

Honestly jealous with the number of young stars they've had of late, Fati Gavi Pedri. One after the fecking other.

And you know who I blame? The fecking Glazers. Twenty years of letting our youth academy grow moldy and stale. Suck my fecking nuts la Masia

Hoof the ball

Honestly jealous with the number of young stars they've had of late, Fati Gavi Pedri. One after the fecking other.

And you know who I blame? The fecking Glazers. Twenty years of letting our youth academy grow moldy and stale. Suck my fecking nuts la Masia
Then there's Balde, their LB, who has immediately replaced Alba without Barca losing a step. Then in La Masia there's Guille Fernandez, Pau Cubarsi, Pau Prim, etc. They've got a number of players who could make it.

Ted Lasso

Then there's Balde, their LB, who has immediately replaced Alba without Barca losing a step. Then in La Masia there's Guille Fernandez, Pau Cubarsi, Pau Prim, etc. They've got a number of players who could make it.
Are you trying to raise my blood pressure?

wr8_utd

:'(
His debut/cameo last season at 15(!) vs Betis at Camp Noushowed how great he can be.

Played a brilliant pass to Dembele who completely squandered it like he usually does.

Vs Tottenham this preseason he made them look silly. He will only get better with more experience at the highest level.

But Barca shouldn’t start him every match though as we saw what happened with Pedri, who is now injured again. Barca can’t allow Yamal being overworked like that.
Too late now because its already begun. While Barca's reliance on youth is admirable, they do seem to lack the ability to balance out their workloads. Fati, Pedri, Araujo have all suffered recurring injuries because of being overplayed and hopefully they learn a lesson with Yamal.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Too late now because its already begun. While Barca's reliance on youth is admirable, they do seem to lack the ability to balance out their workloads. Fati, Pedri, Araujo have all suffered recurring injuries because of being overplayed and hopefully they learn a lesson with Yamal.
That's my biggest concern. The kid Is still in development, he shouldn't be playing full games every week. Second halves mostly and starting once in a while when needed. We really did burn Pedri's muscles when he was 17 and now he gets injured a lot.

wr8_utd

:'(
That's my biggest concern. The kid Is still in development, he shouldn't be playing full games every week. Second halves mostly and starting once in a while when needed. We really did burn Pedri's muscles when he was 17 and now he gets injured a lot.
Absolutely! Raphinha had a great game for Brazil so hopefully that gives Xavi the faith to start him for multiple games now post his suspension. But you do also feel like Yamal might just expect to start games now that he's doing well which again won't help with injuries 1-2 years down the line.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Marc Bernal, left footed. He is 16 years old, a year younger than Pau Prim, and has taken away his position in Barcelona B.

Alex Valle, left back (19) on loan at Levante.

Mika Mármol (21) , central in Las Palmas and who has started the season very well.

And there is also Fermin, already in the first team and he is a player with a lot of quality.

colombianmancunian

Overrated as everything that comes from FC Levers Negreira. This is just another Bojan/Deoulofeu/Ansu Fragile all over again.

JogaBonitoRooney

Overrated as everything that comes from FC Levers Negreira. This is just another Bojan/Deoulofeu/Ansu Fragile all over again.
What makes you say that? You actually watched him play or you're just hoping that as a hater?

Could be another Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Busquets.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1800 minutes for a 16 year old this season. Child labour laws are being breached by Barcelona

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
1800 minutes for a 16 year old this season. Child labour laws are being breached by Barcelona
What’s crazy is they didn’t learn from Gavi, Fati and Pedri, either that, or they simply don’t care and are prepared to jeopardise these kids for their own short-term gain.

It’s amazing that Real used to be seen as the despicable ones for how they treated players - by now, they’ve turned into one of the best institutions for youngsters to go to!

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
What’s crazy is they didn’t learn from Gavi, Fati and Pedri, either that, or they simply don’t care and are prepared to jeopardise these kids for their own short-term gain.

It’s amazing that Real used to be seen as the despicable ones for how they treated players - by now, they’ve turned into one of the best institutions for youngsters to go to!
Gavi and Ansu were serious injuries that had nothing to do with the number of minutes. Gavi in 2 and a half years only had this injury, no muscle injuries.
And Pedri played so many minutes because there was the Eurocup and the Olympic Games, that the player wanted to go against the club's recommendation.

Nickosaur

Marc Bernal, left footed. He is 16 years old, a year younger than Pau Prim, and has taken away his position in Barcelona B.

Alex Valle, left back (19) on loan at Levante.

Mika Mármol (21) , central in Las Palmas and who has started the season very well.

And there is also Fermin, already in the first team and he is a player with a lot of quality.
I signed a right back called Fort from them in my FM save with Gladbach. He was also described as a wonderkid.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
I signed a right back called Fort from them in my FM save with Gladbach. He was also described as a wonderkid.
He has already played several games with the first team, at left-back. He is 17 years old, tall (1.85).
I think he is a good player but far from being a wonderkid.

Pau Cubarsi (CB, just turned 17) seems to me to have superior potential.
He has better ball control than any of Barcelona's centre-backs in the squad. Great reading of the game and always attentive in defence.
He has been a starter for the last 8 games.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I also don't think he should be starting so many games. However, he's already better than Raphina, Joao Félix or Ferrán Torres at only 16 years old so it's hard to bench him.
I hope Raphina starts tomorrow. He's crap but the kid needs a break. He could Play half an hour in the second half.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I want to know why Spain absolutely cannot create a no.9 at all. It feels like we're watching Morata for what seems like going on two decades now.
Same way Germany suffers producing fullback d these days....and Portugal before CR7 generation couldn't produce clinical 9. Even thoughh l the likes of Pauleta killed it at club level......