Lamine Yamal | 16 Year Old Barca Wonderkid

Cloud7

There is always this chance when people spot these wonderkids that these kids might turn out to be the next Pele/Maradonna/Messi/Ronaldo etc etc etc
As others have said, its great seeing when these kids get a chance, the optimism and freshness is one of the things thast makes football compelling
There are few things in football as exciting as a young, attacking player imo

Red Stone

he’ll be mid-thirties in just a couple of decades. i know we’re lacking some creativity at times, but jesus, have our standards slipped that much?
Yeah, when he's this close to dying of old age, will he even have time to bulk up?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Have competent football people in charge
What?? :houllier:
You can't get more incompetent than the footballing side of Barca.

They have a very astute academy, albeit one that had dried up until the last few years.

Zed is not dead

And such as Messi, Iniesta, and more recently Pedri and Gavi
Yep, but same as every club, it’s hit and miss. It’s not a dig at Barca but at people who think other clubs have some secret and ours is shit.
Some youngsters are so good that they play regardless of their, while the others will show things but never confirm.

My point being: we’ve seen a lot of young players having outrageous talent and showing great things for them only to fade away.

NixxxoN

Supports
FC Barcelona
Yep, but same as every club, it’s hit and miss. It’s not a dig at Barca but at people who think other clubs have some secret and ours is shit.
Some youngsters are so good that they play regardless of their, while the others will show things but never confirm.

My point being: we’ve seen a lot of young players having outrageous talent and showing great things for them only to fade away.
Of course this is not mathematics, things in football dont always go as you expect. Its mostly up to himself to work hard, be ambitious and keep growing as a player. I mean look at Gavi, a super competitive warrior and a true winner, that's the spirit any player should have... if he has a bit close of his personality, there's not need to worry then.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And such as Messi, Iniesta, and more recently Pedri and Gavi
Pedri is not La Masia product, he was signed from other club where he was already part of first team.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

They have a very astute academy, albeit one that had dried up until the last few years.
They have great football people. The problem is the business people, kinda like an opposite United

Son

Barcelona have a pretty good side tbh. Young for the most part and invest in their future on the pitch.

They tend to sign better players than we at United do that’s for sure and have a better academy going on what they keep producing.

Plus they play their youth players too unlike a lot of sides. I’ve always admired the Barcelona footballing operation. Even in the lower times they make great footballers.

Conor

he’ll be mid-thirties in just a couple of decades. i know we’re lacking some creativity at times, but jesus, have our standards slipped that much?
I never realised you had standards when it came to 16 year old boys.

Son

Yep needs to go slum it in at Luton and get two footed to prove he's ready for minutes with us. Honestly it might be one of my least favorite parts of our fanbase: for a group that claims they love youth products, everyone seems to have a load of qualifiers for when a player is actually ready to play for us instead of just watching them and realizing it is in fact possible for a teenager to be instantly better than some 25 year old veteran.

feck me Pedri would have been loaned out too. fecking Pedri!
I agree as well. Surely the thing that toughens players up is been around established veterans playing at the highest level?

Maybe we just aren’t producing footballers good enough for our side often enough. Greenwood and Rashford never got loaned out for example as they made the grade.

We seem to produce shed loads of players for everyone else but world class ones are so few and far between it’s like one or two per decade.

This kid would easily start ahead of Antony anyways Barcelona have a quality talent on their hands.

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

Yep needs to go slum it in at Luton and get two footed to prove he's ready for minutes with us. Honestly it might be one of my least favorite parts of our fanbase: for a group that claims they love youth products, everyone seems to have a load of qualifiers for when a player is actually ready to play for us instead of just watching them and realizing it is in fact possible for a teenager to be instantly better than some 25 year old veteran.

feck me Pedri would have been loaned out too. fecking Pedri!
Yeah. It's not like we would ever have dared play a teenager in our squad over the likes of Luke Shaw, Marcus Rashford and Garnacho! Remember their loans to the championship? There's no way Mainoo will (DEFINITELY) be playing Premier League football this season either.

Champ

Barcelona have a pretty good side tbh. Young for the most part and invest in their future on the pitch.

They tend to sign better players than we at United do that’s for sure and have a better academy going on what they keep producing.

Plus they play their youth players too unlike a lot of sides. I’ve always admired the Barcelona footballing operation. Even in the lower times they make great footballers.
Yeah from an academy point of view they have always been decent, but from a footballing perspective the club is in dire straights, they are having to rely on academy prospects as they cannot spend like they used to.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I really hope Xavi doesn't make him play too much. By quality he is the Best winger indeed. But he was 15 2 months ago. His body still needs time to develop, an injury at this stage could end up in tragedy.

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
His debut/cameo last season at 15(!) vs Betis at Camp Noushowed how great he can be.

Played a brilliant pass to Dembele who completely squandered it like he usually does.

Vs Tottenham this preseason he made them look silly. He will only get better with more experience at the highest level.

But Barca shouldn’t start him every match though as we saw what happened with Pedri, who is now injured again. Barca can’t allow Yamal being overworked like that.

Son

Yeah from an academy point of view they have always been decent, but from a footballing perspective the club is in dire straights, they are having to rely on academy prospects as they cannot spend like they used to.
That’s financial though. Training wise and developing talents they are top tier luckily for them.

Money is kind of a cheat code in the modern game and papers over the cracks of far lesser clubs as a whole not developing talent.

City for example are supposed to be the best club around right now yet produce very little in terms of youth. It’s a graveyard for youth players under Pep as he just buys currently… because he can.

Barcelona despite their financial mismanagement in the past seem to be on the right path again.

Champ

That’s financial though. Training wise and developing talents they are top tier luckily for them.

Money is kind of a cheat code in the modern game and papers over the cracks of far lesser clubs as a whole not developing talent.

City for example are supposed to be the best club around right now yet produce very little in terms of youth. It’s a graveyard for youth players under Pep as he just buys currently… because he can.

Barcelona despite their financial mismanagement in the past seem to be on the right path again.
Er, City's Academy is pretty much financing their spending on the senior team!
They have sold ridiculous amounts of young players from their academy to premiership and championship clubs for serious amounts of money.
They have blooded through a hell of a lot of talented youngsters, they just have no interest in really keeping anyone unless they feel they really will make it, the system is set up to allow them to make money from the youth prospects.

Barca seem to blood through one or two first team players every other season, similar to City. They have what, four possibly five academy players in their list of senior players this season? Baring in mind Pedri wasn't a Barca academy player, that leaves Gavi, Fati, Sergi and now Yamal?

marktan

This guy was 15 a few months ago and plays like he could be 25. Crazy. The fact that he's left footed too is great for Barca as left footed RWs are incredibly scarce these days.

If only they hadn't broken Fati they'd be set on the wings. Pedri too if his legs don't recover.

NixxxoN

Supports
FC Barcelona
Er, City's Academy is pretty much financing their spending on the senior team!
They have sold ridiculous amounts of young players from their academy to premiership and championship clubs for serious amounts of money.
They have blooded through a hell of a lot of talented youngsters, they just have no interest in really keeping anyone unless they feel they really will make it, the system is set up to allow them to make money from the youth prospects.

Barca seem to blood through one or two first team players every other season, similar to City. They have what, four possibly five academy players in their list of senior players this season? Baring in mind Pedri wasn't a Barca academy player, that leaves Gavi, Fati, Sergi and now Yamal?
What you say makes no sense...
Barcelona has had great people in the football side for decades, but not always has been financially strong, like now. Bartomeu is mostly to blame for that with his many terrible decisions and his lots of money wasting, now they are paying the price.

Many Man City on the other hand... It's one of those clubs that seem to have unlimited backing, we all know... And they now have a lot of key people that came from FC Barcelona. Top quality people, like Txiki, Soriano, and of course Guardiola. Man City offered them big money to go there. Man City is trying to recruit the best possible people for all areas of their club.
FC Barcelona is a traditional club, not owned by any billionaire - And like every traditional club, it struggles to financially compete against the middle eastern sheik backed clubs, such as Man City or PSG.
Man City spent the money much more wisely compared to PSG, not only spending it on top players, but doing so everywhere, including the academy.

So the financial side of the clubs obviously has huge influence on the rest of the club.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I saw my mate the other day
Said he saw the Spanish Rooney
So I asked, who is he?
Goes by the name Lamime
Lamine
Lamine
Goes by the name of Yamal Lamine

Cloud7

In before the “he’s too young to be playing for the national team and exposed to all of this” crowd come in

Hoof the ball

In before the “he’s too young to be playing for the national team and exposed to all of this” crowd come in
Why the feck is the playing first team for Barca and coming on for Spain?

He should be going on loan to Real Valladolid for a couple of years. Mainoo is still too young and he's 25 now!

Cloud7

Why the feck is the playing first team for Barca and coming on for Spain?

He should be going on loan to Real Valladolid for a couple of years. Mainoo is still too young and he's 25 now!
Yeah that's what he really needs. A good loan. None of this 'first team football at a young age' nonsense

Yagami

Good post resistant
Will he be the next Bojan, Halilovic or Fati?

GinobiliTheGOAT

Barto was incompetent, Laporta is not in fairness even if I’m not crazy about him.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Saw him against villareal, was stunned when I found out he just turned 16

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Barca/Spain has so many young teenage talent, Pedri, Gavi and now this Yamal.