Lamine Yamal | 16 Year Old Barca Wonderkid

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Disgustingly good. He even dives like Robben

ROFLUTION

Also a really hard shot in the reel. Ridiculous progress at the age of 16. Reminded me of a better version of Nani.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
The thing I like the most it's his will to do his thing, he doesn't hesitate and that's a great trademark.
Regarding his style, I preffer players that keep the ball closer and more in control, yet when he losts more or less the control of the ball, he rapidly can improvise some move to regain it and it's not afraid to struggle for it.
He reminds me of Musiala that also has an ackward style.
It would be better for him if he developes a stronger build in time, but like I've said, he still a kid and he might get there or become a taller version with the same physique.
Regarding age and such, I watched many kids be fantastic at very young ages from 16 to 18, he is not in some undiscovered territory like some posts here kind of imply, but he certainly looks very promising.
If this current Barca situation ends helping him because it kinds of pushes him to primera due to lack of possibility of transfers, or at some point it builds an ammount of pression (or injuries) that fvck his carreer, we don't know, but his personality is there to be seen.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Golden Nugget

Did anyone see the full match? Looking at the highlights, the dribbling is incredible and amazing - but surely that only showed when he bet his man and not every single dribble he did (where he may have failed)

Looks like a real talent and will be top class once he works on his final ball

Ole'sgunnarwin

Did anyone see the full match? Looking at the highlights, the dribbling is incredible and amazing - but surely that only showed when he bet his man and not every single dribble he did (where he may have failed)

Looks like a real talent and will be top class once he works on his final ball
Yeah, I watched it. Barca and Spanish players surprisingly don't use him enough. It's hard to compare him, he has a bit of Messi, Robben and David Silva in him. As good as his dribbling is, I think his passing is better. I'm not sure I've seen anyone in Europe with his quality of passing this year, it's ridiculous for a 16 year old.

One thing he needs to cut out is diving. He's been at it all season and it's not necessary and making him quite unpopular. But the sky's the limit for this boy, he has the talent and the confidence.

Brightonian

I didn't watch the match but from those highlights he reminds me a bit of Rashford at his pre-back-injury best. At 16 against Brazil it's insane.

RoyH1

Amazing talent. Got an ovation from the Bernabéu on his way out.

If Barsa doesn’t break him, he’ll be winning Ballon d’ Ors in a couple of seasons.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amazing talent. Got an ovation from the Bernabéu on his way out.

If Barsa doesn’t break him, he’ll be winning Ballon d’ Ors in a couple of seasons.
It’ll be a bit hard not to, really. He’s basically Barcelona’s and Spain’s best attacker at the age of 16. He’ll play at every opportunity they can make him. Hopefully he remains lucky with injuries.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
because he pretty much never failed :lol: at most the defender would cut him down. It was a Messi at U20 WC kind of performance really. If his body stays healthy he'll be in GOAT category in 15 years
That dive yesterday relly reminded me of him :lol:
Those two pens for Spain were bullshit.
and people don't want VAR :rolleyes:

Rojofiam

because he pretty much never failed :lol: at most the defender would cut him down. It was a Messi at U20 WC kind of performance really. If his body stays healthy he'll be in GOAT category in 15 years
Do you really think his ceiling is that high, or you just assume he can reach those levels because he's already pretty much world class at 16?

Development is often not linear. For him to get into GOAT debates, he'll have to be better at his peak, than peak Neymar, current Mbappé, Ronaldo, etc.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Do you really think his ceiling is that high, or you just assume he can reach those levels because he's already pretty much world class at 16?
I think he has that potential. As I said, this game gave me major "Messi at U20 WC" vibes

Golden Nugget

Yeah, I watched it. Barca and Spanish players surprisingly don't use him enough. It's hard to compare him, he has a bit of Messi, Robben and David Silva in him. As good as his dribbling is, I think his passing is better. I'm not sure I've seen anyone in Europe with his quality of passing this year, it's ridiculous for a 16 year old.

One thing he needs to cut out is diving. He's been at it all season and it's not necessary and making him quite unpopular. But the sky's the limit for this boy, he has the talent and the confidence.
If you’re saying his passing is even better than his dribbling, that’s really scary. Not sure how these types of talents keep popping through their academy.

That’s incredible. I was thinking they just left out all the bad bits.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If you’re saying his passing is even better than his dribbling, that’s really scary. Not sure how these types of talents keep popping through their academy
It's ridiculous, Barca fans are the most lucky fans out there. Ronaldinho, followed by Messi and now Yamal.

Rojofiam

I think he has that potential. As I said, this game gave me major "Messi at U20 WC" vibes
I see. I think it's difficult to judge, probably can't draw a conclusion at this point. Will be clearer by the time he's in his early 20s

Crazy that he'll just be 23 in 2030 :lol:

Last edited:

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
I didn't watch the match but from those highlights he reminds me a bit of Rashford at his pre-back-injury best. At 16 against Brazil it's insane.
Rashford has incredible ability. His Achilles heel is his decision making, which is very poor. A pity because he could be a player to enjoy watching him play.

If you’re saying his passing is even better than his dribbling, that’s really scary. Not sure how these types of talents keep popping through their academy.
That’s incredible. I was thinking they just left out all the bad bits.
I have been following Lamine Yamal since he was 12 years old, and even then he had a surprisingly good reading of the game for his age.
Right now, in my opinion, Lamine's best assets are, in that order, his decision making, reading the game, his passing ability, dribbling.

eire-red

Hopefully he manages to stay fit, he'll be an interesting player to watch over the coming seasons. Barca have had a few false dawns with players over the last couple years, case in point Fati. But to be starting at Barcelona and playing for the Spanish NT at 16 is crazy.

Madrid have quite a young team full of world class players. You get those Galactico vibes with them again, and of course Mbappe arriving in the summer, but Barca with the likes of Yamal, Pedro, Gavi have some top quality.

Hopefully we'll get to see those highly charged El Classico games again. Hasn't felt the same without the Ronaldo vs Messi saga, and nutjobs like Pepe and Ramos liable to do anything.