Larnell Cole

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Probably the reason why Scholes really rates him :p

mo0

been reading all these rumours of Cole off to Leicester (with James/De Laet being flogged)...but no clarity on whether it is a loan move or a full time one.

figure it best to bump the official Larnell thread to keep it official.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't know his agent but to me he sounds like someone who should just admit he's in it for the money....sad really.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
That's not what he was saying.

His agent is saying that Larnell will step up in their absence.

Reading comprehension.

Striker10

That's not what he was saying.

His agent is saying that Larnell will step up in their absence.

Reading comprehension.
Paul Pogba officially leaving united. best of luck to him. Not the last one to do that this summer. Time for Larnell Cole to shine.

Who else is leaving?

Where does he say Larnell will step up in their absence? ...where does he say, 'at united'...who is he to even talk about Coles 'time'...It's our decision what we do..

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Pogba, Norwood, Fryers, James, etc. All leaving.

Larnell can now step up, hence "his time to shine."

You don't really shine with moves elsewhere.

PS18

Paul Pogba officially leaving united. best of luck to him. Not the last one to do that this summer. Time for Larnell Cole to shine.

Who else is leaving?

Where does he say Larnell will step up in their absence? ...where does he say, 'at united'...who is he to even talk about Coles 'time'...It's our decision what we do..
Think it's pretty obvious he means other players leaving United will mean more opportunities and attention for Larnell :confused:

Striker10

Think it's pretty obvious he means other players leaving United will mean more opportunities and attention for Larnell :confused:
True but i thought it was pretty obvious he stood out with all the players at the club anyway? Either way his time to 'shine' - is down to the club and the player. I'm rather peeved with agents at the minute

Drifter

American
Sky Sports understands Manchester United are set to reward youngster Larnell Cole with a new deal at Old Trafford.

Attacking midfielder Cole is highly-rated at Old Trafford and the club are keen to secure his long-term future.

Cole has progressed from the club's youth ranks and helped United win the FA Youth Cup in 2011.

The 19-year-old made his senior debut for United in the Carling Cup win over Leeds last season coming as a late substitute.

Cole is tipped to push for a place in the United side over the next 18 months and Ferguson could decide to send him out on loan this season so that he can get some valuable first-team action under his belt.

prateik

Ahh. So this is the big news that the skysports journo couldnt report on earlier.

Good news. Hope he is on the pre season tour

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sign a contract, send him in loan for a season or two and bring him into the first team a la Cleverley.

He is the one I'm excited about in the reserves now, he's got the technical attributes I just think its a matter of maturing his game and learning how to use them effectively and try to master riding challenges and using his size and centre of gravity to his advantage.

prateik

Where can he go in the Championship? A good side that dont play hoofball would be great.
Is Zola a good coach?

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
If he's good enough to play in the middle (he is) then I don't see why he won't be. Can see him being used out wide but should primarily be used in the middle.

The Wizard

ANy one know if he's still injured? I see that he dind't make the touring squad, I'm a bit disappointed for that.

Heffo

I could see him end up being a wide player in the mould of someone like Silva or Iniesta when he plays as part of a front three. Probably not a traditional Nani or Valencia type winger though.

Also on the injury, in that recent interview that was on manutd.com they asked him something about playing for England u-19s but then beside the question they mentioned in brackets that he ended up missing out through injury.

At the time I thought it might have just have meant that injury had ruled him out of previous squads and he lost his place that way or that he hadn't regained enough fitness yet, but given he's not on the tour he could well be injured.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He might be still coming back from an injury(which also prevented him from going to U19). Make sense not to take him to the Tour if that's the case.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
He might be still coming back from an injury(which also prevented him from going to U19). Make sense not to take him to the Tour if that's the case.
Yeah, especially if you fly to South Africa, then to China and then back to Manchester. It's better to stay at home and train at Carrington (like Vidic), but unfortunately, he's not likely to appear in our pre-season games in Sweden, Norway and Germany as players who played at the Euros will be back.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He doesn't normally play all that centrally for the reserves - or not when I've seen him anyway. Maybe in 'the hole' but has he often been deeper?

lysglimt

Scout
Larnell Cole is a Ramires-type. He can be a wide midfielder - but not a winger

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
No fecking way....100% no.
Tell me more! I really like Cole and I'd be interested to hear what anyone has to say.

In the matches I saw I only remembering him playing on the right in attack. I guess it's a matter of tactics whether that means you're a striker, if it was a 433, a winger if it's 442, or an attacking midfielder in a 4231. I have to say I find it a bit funny that a player occupying basically the same position on the pitch can be so many different things.

Which ever way you slice it, he's very confident on the ball and has a really good football brain from what I've seen. I'd say it was Will Keane and himself who made the most impression on me these last two years, the best of the play went through them as often as not.

Has he been playing deeper in midfield? If he did I missed that, which is very believable because I have a terrible time keeping up with the reserve matches, with them usually being announced shortly before they're played.

His profile on the official site says he's even played some full back for Joyce and lists him as a midfielder.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Tell me more! I really like Cole and I'd be interested to hear what anyone has to say.

In the matches I saw I only remembering him playing on the right in attack. I guess it's a matter of tactics whether that means you're a striker, if it was a 433, a winger if it's 442, or an attacking midfielder in a 4231. I have to say I find it a bit funny that a player occupying basically the same position on the pitch can be so many different things.

Which ever way you slice it, he's very confident on the ball and has a really good football brain from what I've seen. I'd say it was Will Keane and himself who made the most impression on me these last two years, the best of the play went through them as often as not.

Has he been playing deeper in midfield? If he did I missed that, which is very believable because I have a terrible time keeping up with the reserve matches, with them usually being announced shortly before they're played.

His profile on the official site says he's even played some full back for Joyce and lists him as a midfielder.
Played right back against Arsenal in the first game of the season if I remember correctly.

As someone said he can play wide but I wouldn't call him a winger (did a decent job on the right against West Ham in the FAYC, killed their left back!) I think he is more potent through the middle because he gets more of the ball and gets more of a say. I think he was playing centrally in that game where he hit a hat trick against City.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Larnell Cole is a Ramires-type. He can be a wide midfielder - but not a winger
Very good comparison actually, exactly the kind of player I see him developing into.

PS18

Positionally maybe, not sure he's ever going to be anything like the athlete Ramires is though.

68-99-08

I don't think he will turn out anything like Ramires!

Is he not set to develop into an Andres Iniesta-type player?

His technical ability and awareness are what stands out, am I right?