Las Vegas Monopoly Draft

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When are you guys playing?
Skizz/Annah v Tuppet on Saturday and Enigma and me on Tuesday I believe.

Also this RSSSF site is a bitch to navigate, I've tried searching the site with Google for matches I think Souness was sent off in (I know he's been sent off at least once for Rangers), but it doesn't seem to have any. worldfootball.net doesn't list any Scottish League matches either.

Skizzo

Skizz/Annah v Tuppet on Saturday and Enigma and me on Tuesday I believe.

Also this RSSSF site is a bitch to navigate, I've tried searching the site with Google for matches I think Souness was sent off in (I know he's been sent off at least once for Rangers), but it doesn't seem to have any. worldfootball.net doesn't list any Scottish League matches either.
Akinbiyi excelled himself by planting his forehead on Sunderland's George McCartney so soon after coming off the bench for his Burnley debut, but hordes of you rushed to point out that it wasn't a record.

John Kerr suggests that "this dubious honour must surely belong to Graeme Souness, who was sent off on his debut for Rangers against Hibs." True enough, on 9 August 1986, Souey certainly came close but despite launching into a crunching challenge on Billy Kirkwood almost directly from the kick-off the new Rangers player-manager escaped with a booking.

He didn't get his marching orders until the 35th minute, when, during a 21-man brawl, he raked his studs down the back of George McCluskey's leg.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
:lol: Glorious research mate. I'm not sure how to feel about all this. My long-term partner shacking up with some dude, who ends up becoming a multi-billionaire with Pele, Maradona and Beckenbauer on his team... @antohan you probably have competition for Shadow Wanker of the Draft :(

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I found the exact same article on Souness but no evidence whatsoever in any site listing reds, thus the RSSSF requirement @Jayvin. If you find the game innquestion fair enough, else it's someone talking out of his arse on the internet like many do.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I found the exact same article on Souness but no evidence whatsoever in any site listing reds, thus the RSSSF requirement @Jayvin. If you find the game innquestion fair enough, else it's someone talking out of his arse on the internet like many do.
The RSSSF site doesn't seem to have any information of the 86/87 season of the Scottish league. Pretty stupid to have it as a requirement when they are missing a lot of information, he's clearly been sent off as the video and about 50 other sources say

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The RSSSF site doesn't seem to have any information of the 86/87 season of the Scottish league. Pretty stupid to have it as a requirement when they are missing a lot of information, he's clearly been sent off as the video and about 50 other sources say
Those sites are both reliable sources in general though, and Anto made a good call in specifying sources given the shitstorm that happened when I picked Paulo Falcao on the <30 caps box in the initial draft. I'm sure he'll acknowledge the Souness red card though, given how obvious the evidence is.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think we should either go with one source or there's no point doing it at all. Paolo Maldini for example is listed on the example site with 4 reds during his career where on the site anto gave he has 4 in seria A.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/paolo-maldini/leistungsdaten/spieler/5803

http://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/paolo-maldini/

It's obvious that every reference site will have mistakes. For one player is OK to dissect it but 14-15 players that have over 15000 matches is madness.

Not that I'm overly fussed as one Souness red or more given the advantage Jayvin has in that rule hardly makes a difference.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Ah Scottish football at its finest. :drool:

Is it 1 red or 5? Or is it a sophisticated formula whereby the player's chances of getting sent off here increase with each red they've had in the course of their careers?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Ah Scottish football at its finest. :drool:

Is it 1 red or 5? Or is it a sophisticated formula whereby the player's chances of getting sent off here increase with each red they've had in the course of their careers?
It's a draw whereby all players have as many tickets as they've had red cards in their careers so, for example, Vieira is twice as likely to be sent of as Bergomi.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well that sucks. Would've landed Figueroa :( I'll shadow wank myself with the formation then :D