g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Lautaro Martinez

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Utterly woeful.
Through on goal, falls over.
Chance to win it last seconds, heads not just wide, but miles off.
Great chance at 2-2, saved, lucky Messi was there to tap in.

And similarly hapless in every other game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Too small, too slow. Never looks good in the CL, and he’s had a horrific WC. Maybe the domestic Italian league is where it’s at for him

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If they lost this WC and I were Messi I’d find it hard to not get him banned from playing for Argentina ever again. One of the worst World Cups I’ve seen from an individual.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Man i was worried to read all the comments but I realized its Lautaro and not Lisandro

Telsim

Reminds me of Lukaku - a flat track bully. Seria A makes him look a lot better than he actually is.

Erics_Collar

Amazing that so much happened today - Messi finally wins his World Cup, Mbappe scores a hat trick, France come back from nowhere, late late goals, extra time and penalties in a World Cup final - and yet my biggest takeaway and all I can think about is how shit this absolute donkey is.

PSV

If they lost this WC and I were Messi I’d find it hard to not get him banned from playing for Argentina ever again. One of the worst World Cups I’ve seen from an individual.
Can't see him getting dropped unless he somehow stumbles into Maxi's new wife.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Great chance at 2-2, saved, lucky Messi was there to tap in.
even before that one, messi played him through and he didn't score, a pretty clear chance.

anyway his market value is probably 5m now, time to buy

Hal9000

People wanted to pay £100 million for this joke, Terrible WC, somehow worst that Ronaldo's.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think Titus bramble might be a better option upfront than this guy. What a terrible player

jesperjaap

I think Ive been impressed by him literallty twice in about 20games. He is a far better player than he has shown in this world cup, but hav enever got the hype about him. Def no thanks from me even in a current climate lacking in quality strikers under 30

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
It's a bit unfair to judge his whole career by a few performances in the World Cup. I mean this year he also scored a great goal at Anfield and was amazing at Camp Nou: the two most intimidating stadiums in the world football, not the mighty 974 stadium in Qatar.

No doubt his value has to be dropped after what happened this past weeks though. He needs to perform at high level in the Champions League now if he wants to move to elite clubs.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That free header he had at the end....Sunday league levels.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His finishing this entire time was just... something I guess.

But he did improve them when he came on so there's that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's better than what he's shown in this tournament but he simply isn't that good a finisher. He missed loads of these chances in 2021 Copa America aswell.

Yes scores loads in Serie A but we know it's an easier league to score than it was in 90s/2000s.

I remember last year Spurs were desperate to get him when Kane was deemed to be leaving so that's the situation in which he'd flop if he replaced someone who scores 25-30 a season.

Bobski

He was somehow even worse than Acuna, who was shaping up to be an all time disaster substitute that would have followed Scaloni to the grave.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If you ever feel like you have imposter syndrome at work, remember that Lautoro Martínez won the World Cup with Argentina.

redshaw

He was a lump but a useful one in extra time for Messi to play off at least.

He was a good sub after Alvarez, Scaloni did good there. I thought maybe Alvarez could 've been on the end of that chance in the first bit of extra time if not subbed but Lautaro did enough to keep France defence occupied with fatigued players around. Lautaro looks very slow though in general, not something we should be spending big money on.

wr8_utd

:'(
I still can't quite believe he didn't bottle the final penalty vs Holland. Felt absolutely certain he'd miss that and cost Argentina. Today, he did well for the third goal but he was giving Ghosts of Higuain past with his other finishing.