Lautaro Martinez

Chief123

Yeah I can see why Inter would be reluctant to sell. I also find it hard to believe that we would spend that much on a striker in January. Surely he'd jump at the chance though.
There were reports at the beginning of the season that Inter were happy to let Martinez go to help with the financial situation.

Ekeke

Whats better than 1 Martinez? 2 Martinez. Makes this an obvious transfer.

Then we can get Martinez from Villa and with 3 of them nobody would have a chance.

redcucumber

Would people prefer this chap or João Felix? Not seen much at all of Martinez, but João Felix looks like he has the potential to be elite. Both would cost a bomb.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would people prefer this chap or João Felix? Not seen much at all of Martinez, but João Felix looks like he has the potential to be elite. Both would cost a bomb.
I'd prefer this chap by no reason other than simply not liking felix that much.

Different players anyway .

Grande

I can’t base my opinion on anything more than Felix being a slightly cooler name than Lautaro, but if you are still interested in it (my opinion), I guess I feel sorry for you, son.

Btw I’m also taking more of a liking to the Martinez name by the day.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah I can see why Inter would be reluctant to sell. I also find it hard to believe that we would spend that much on a striker in January. Surely he'd jump at the chance though.
He wouldn't jump at the chance. He is very well settled in Italy and don't want to move.

Chief123

Out of the 2, I’d prefer Martinez. I think he’d be brilliant and much more suited to how we’d want to play. He has the intensity and aggression to his game to back up his technical ability. He’d be a dream signing for me and someone who can establish himself as one of the worlds best strikers.

I’d love Felix too if Martinez wasn’t an option but I’d say Martinez would suit that number 9 role better.

Vapor trail

Been in very good form he looks sharper then games I've observed him in previously

AkaAkuma

I’m always wary when players come out with comments like these. There’s no smoke without fire.
To me the opposite.
He’s one of those players who fall in love with Italy and lack the motivation to challenge at the top level.

mav_9me

Martinez plays best off a striker but he can absolutely play as a striker. Feel like he is a hard worker, feisty.

Felix on the other hand is not a striker/no.9 at this time. More of 9.5

TheRedHearted

Martinez plays best off a striker but he can absolutely play as a striker. Feel like he is a hard worker, feisty.

Felix on the other hand is not a striker/no.9 at this time. More of 9.5
Give them Ronaldo in January plus cash ! Imagine people prefer him to gapko?

kthanksbye

I can’t base my opinion on anything more than Felix being a slightly cooler name than Lautaro, but if you are still interested in it (my opinion), I guess I feel sorry for you, son.

Btw I’m also taking more of a liking to the Martinez name by the day.
Harsh, Lautaro is a cooler name than Joao. It's 50-50 between Martinez and Felix.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's been telling the world how much he loves Inter for ages, can't see how we'd get a motivated player if he's practically forced to leave - I'm sure this post will get a few "Di Maria vibes".

I put him in the same category as Dybala, decent player but is happy in Italy, which isn't really a bad thing, not everyone would give up Milan for Manchester.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Get him in, he's angry looking enough to be part of this angry team ETH is building.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's a very good all-round forward, with a very accurate dribbling, but he's a bit liable when defending. Everytime I see him pressing or cutting passing lanes he seems completely lost at times.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He's a very good all-round forward, with a very accurate dribbling, but he's a bit liable when defending. Everytime I see him pressing or cutting passing lanes he seems completely lost at times.
Really? I haven't seen much of him but always assumed he's a pressing animal like Tevez.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Really? I haven't seen much of him but always assumed he's a pressing animal like Tevez.
He's not lazy. He actually makes an effort, but he just don't seem to do it effectively IMHO. I could just have seen him in a bad day, though.

BerryBerryShrew

This guy has made Nunez look like prime Van Basten by comparison so far in this WC. We need to avoid him like the plague.

Mainoldo

Strikers ain’t no hat they use to be.

I mean this guy is Palacio level pretending to be Tevez.

zaafi

Some ridiculous takes these last comments and it clearly indicates you haven't watched him outside of these 4 games. "Absolute wank" and "avoid him like the plague" :lol:

You don't suddenly turn to shit after four bad games. Even Agüero had a shit world cup for Argentina.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's much better than what he's showed at the WC. He needs to play with a target man up top. He cannot be that guy. Too many people write off players without a bit of common sense and understanding of the reasons. Knee jerk world

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some ridiculous takes these last comments and it clearly indicates you haven't watched him outside of these 4 games. "Absolute wank" and "avoid him like the plague" :lol:

You don't suddenly turn to shit after four bad games. Even Agüero had a shit world cup for Argentina.
Yeah his all round game is better than what he's shown so far and he's a modern pressing forward but I've always felt he misses too many chances for the positions he gets into (said as much 18 months back on pages 1 and 3) and this World cup certainly isn't changing that narrative.

Idxomer

Compared to the ridiculous opening post in this thread, these comments are nothing.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
He's not much better player than Džeko. I'm not speaking of prime Džeko. He can't lead the line, and he's not good enough as a creator or whatever you may expect of your other forward.

Unless United wants to play 3 at the back, two up top or something like that, he would be useless.

I guess he could improve in some aspects of his game, but he's 25, it's not like there is going to be some megajump from him. United can find better striker.