Lautaro Martinez

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is a VERY good signing for Spurs. I have liked Martinez for a while now. He is a top striker, maybe top 5-10 strikers in football today.
I agree with this. Few things though. If kane leaves. The team is in transition. Step up to PL opponents. Change in style. I think if he went to a city or a utd he’d bang from the off, 100%. If he’s Kane’s replacement it may take a few seasons for him to start filling those boots

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I just don't think it makes sense that they will sell both of their strikers. I know it's apparently a fire sale there but he's not on huge wages so it's not a huge burden in keeping him. Romano is based in Milan, I'm sure he's got better understanding of what is actually going on rather than the English journalists who are being fed shite by Spurs in an attempt to mask over the shit show they've had this summer.
Maybe, but you could say the same thing about Inter, so hard to tell which is the puff piece. I'm inclined to believe the English as the reason Conte left was cited as the owners.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hope we capitalise on this supposed Inter fire sale by signing Barella, Bastoni would've been a pretty neat signing before we got Varane too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nobody wants to go to Spurs :lol: who can blame them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's a good player of course but really Kane's in a different universe when it comes to finishing chances, Lautaro misses way too much with scuffed finishes and such.

Am guessing the plan is to play Son as lead forward and he has 6 month hot spell when he just finishes pretty much every one on one (like up to January last season) and then you have Martinez type dropping back and pressing and linking with midfield so can see logic in Nuno 3-5-2.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would be a great signing for Spurs but dors he really want to play in the conference league?

He'll probably be in demand next season from more clubs. Better to stick it out at Inter for the time being.

hobbers

Spurs had no chance. Inter are not going to sell both their strikers and Lautaro isn't going to want to go from winning the title with Inter to Europa Conference league with Spurs. :lol:

This is Dybala all over again.

Chicharo

Why is he still playing in Italy is beyond me... Has been the best Argentian striker for a while now.Would love to see him in United, the only question is how we could fit him in the lineup if we play one CF(Ronaldo)
Great player

Last edited:

Pavl3n

Why is still playing in Italy is beyond me... Has been the best Argentian striker for a while now.Would love to see him in United, the only question is how we could fit him in the lineup if we play one CF(Ronaldo)
Great player
I don't think we'll ever see him in England.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's got very good all round game. Haven't watched Serie A much this season but he's never struck me as that good a finisher though, needs a good 3 clear chances to score a goal so would be amazed if he's ever as prolific as say Aguero if he played over here. Tevez is probably better description although again I think he was better infront of goal.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Sadly, I agree with you, but it's a bit strange no one showed interest in him last summer (or maybe someone did but it went down quietly)
Fantastic instinct for a goal
contract expires in 2023... if he does not sign a new deal by the summer I think we will see a few english clubs linked with bids this summer
City - if they dont get Mbappe or Haaland or Kane
Spurs - if they loose kane
Arsenal - actually i think he would be a really good fit in that team
Newcastle - because they will be linked with everybody

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is the perfect support striker for a 352 formation. His finishing is very inconsistent but is extremely hardworking and is decent in air. Always get into some good positions and has some nice skills too. Very hard to defend against when played as a support striker.

Unless Conte is hired and we switch to a 352 , we won't be a nice fit for him. City can probably play him as a false 9 which they are trying with Torres.

::sonny::

Inter desperate to find money
United desperate to get rid of Martial

Swedish_Plumber

Seems the kind of player that even when he’s playing absolute shite in a game, can provide a moment of brilliance.

Should fit in well at Moments FC.

PoTMS

£42m + Martial would be a steal considering we have to pay the Manchester United tax. Only Liverpool usually get those kind of rates.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
£42m + Martial would be a steal considering we have to pay the Manchester United tax. Only Liverpool usually get those kind of rates.
Inter have been very good to us to be fair. Sanchez, Darmian, Lukaku, Ashley Young.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Inter have been very good to us to be fair. Sanchez, Darmian, Lukaku, Ashley Young.
And everyone has been good for them too. It's not like they paid but didn't get a value.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good deal for us, can’t see inter going for it. They wanted martial 3 years ago, let’s just hope they haven’t been watching since then.

Red_toad

Would be a fantastic deal for us. For Inter, not so much but they could use the money to bring Lukaku back if they want.
If they can do whatever they did with Lukaku on Tony, it’s an incredible deal for them. Lukaku was a fat lazy piece of crap when he left United. At Inter he was lean and hungry goalscoring machine who helped the win the title.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If they can do whatever they did with Lukaku on Tony, it’s an incredible deal for them. Lukaku was a fat lazy piece of crap when he left United. At Inter he was lean and hungry goalscoring machine who helped the win the title.
Yeah. The Italian league also seems more suited for Martial - with the slower pace.

Kaushal

I don't rate him that much so a pass for me.
You are not wrong my friend. The caf has a weird fetish for players they haven’t seen that much. Never a prolific striker. Hasn’t got the pace or acceleration to leave defenders. Can’t lead the line on his own. Hasn’t got one attribute that stands out whilst playing for the champions and would cost a ton. Good striker that benefits from playing in Italy with the amount of space and time with low tempo. Immobile looks twice the player playing for lazio. Lukaku was better than him while playing together. Anyone who has watched inter or serie a would know this. Out of all the strikers in Italy I only rate Vlahovic, a top striker , Lautaro is not.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Think that tweet is missing a 1 there? Considering I'd happily see Martial leave on a free (just to get rid of his wages) having to "only" pay 42m for Martinez would be a good deal.

Bit considering they're desperate, offer 25m + Martial and Jones.