Lautaro Martinez

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Shocked that he's going to Spurs for 2 reasons.

1 - he has said his goal is to play in Spain, so his performances may drop playing in England at such a crucial stage of his career

2 - he should know how difficult it is to use Spurs as a launchpad to a bigger club. (Kane, Modric, Bale, Berbatov all had to fight to leave)

Think he's great though. Not sure why the thread is being so hard on him regarding output when he's playing SS and still putting up numbers. Also just watching him, you see resemblances to Aguero and Suarez at a young age

-Supreme-

If true Inter will have generated 200m+ sales this summer, have they brought anyone in yet?

Blood Mage

Spurs is about his level. He's decent but inconsistent, zero chance of him replicating Kane's numbers.

Castia

Spurs is about his level. He's decent but inconsistent, zero chance of him replicating Kane's numbers.
Sure comparing 1v1 but other than Lewandowski there’s few on Kane’s level. Kane going for £150m and Martinez bought for £60m could be great business if they spend the other £90m well.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If we miss out on Haaland next year, we'll regret not being in for Martinez I think.

Pep's Suit

His only option in Spain in next two years would be Atleti but 9/10 attacking players fail under Simeone. I guess this is a fine move but he's with Spurs for next five years. Anyway, how many good players with potential are left at Inter now? 2? 3?

Chief123

Arsenal will be fuming as he was being linked with them for the last few weeks!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
feck all clubs have money bar City and PSG.

If Spurs get £130mil+ for Kane this could happen.

Zoo

the position of #Inter TODAY is to consider the attacker non-transferable despite the attempts of many interested clubs such as #Tottenham and #Arsenal

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

the position of #Inter TODAY is to consider the attacker non-transferable despite the attempts of many interested clubs such as #Tottenham and #Arsenal
Why are they getting Zapata and Dzeko then? And can they stop this non-transferable bs for good?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I was under the impression that it was a case of Lukaku or Martinez leaving Inter. I don't think this transfer is on.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How does Nuno set up? Could it be that Levy is spending Kane money before he sells him, just as he did with Bale?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This is a VERY good signing for Spurs. I have liked Martinez for a while now. He is a top striker, maybe top 5-10 strikers in football today.

Andersons Dietician

I was under the impression that it was a case of Lukaku or Martinez leaving Inter. I don't think this transfer is on.
I read the other day that the reason Conte and co left was because they were told that everyone is for sale and if good offers come in to accept them. So if offers came in for Lukaku, Martinez, Barrela, Skriniar and the likes that were deemed good they will all be sold.

Personally a few years ago I would have thought he was nailed on to be the ideal replacement for Aguero and city would go for him.

Judas

Open to offers
Good signing potentially, not sure what his top level is really, so it'll be interesting to see how he does. Inter getting well and truly gutted.

Castia

Can’t wait to see the Arsenal fans reaction they’ll be fecking fuming :lol:

Devil may care

How does Nuno set up? Could it be that Levy is spending Kane money before he sells him, just as he did with Bale?
3-5-2 is the formation he used predominantly at Wolves, so I guess it could work with Kane, Son and Lautaro as Kane was dropping deeper a lot last season and Martinez can do that role as well.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Just a PR statement pretty sure. Spurs haven’t got the money for this without selling Kane. If they do plan on playing two up top it’ll be Son + Martinez in a fluid system.

Great singing for Spurs, he’s a very good player and exciting to watch. Might take a while to adapt though.

redshaw

Inter selling Lukaku and Martinez is quite a hammer blow. Thought they'd at least keep Martinez but the situation must be bad there hence Conte leaving.

Number32

From being wanted by Barca as Suarez replacement, to join mid-table Spurs or Arsenal now?

He is a great striker though, why isn't any big clubs going for him?

macheda14

It seems like the fee was agreed before Lukaku was sold, so perhaps Inter don’t need to sell quite as much.

izec

From being wanted by Barca as Suarez replacement, to join mid-table Spurs or Arsenal now?

He is a great striker though, why isn't any big clubs going for him?
No money. I mean no big club will spend 60m on him. City want Kane. Lukaku to Chelsea. And thats about it, the rest doesnt have the money this summer for him

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Can’t wait to see the Arsenal fans reaction they’ll be fecking fuming :lol:
I don't think Lautaro will join Spurs nor Arsenal. If he does it's because we'd be litteraly the only 2 teams bidding and Spurs would have more Kane money to outbid us.
As good as he is it would yet another candy signing to try and put paper over the cracks.
August 8th: no AM, no DM to partner our already injured Partey, no RB, no GK. Signing him would be a short timed feel good factor but would actually worsen our issues by blowing 70M of our budget. I'd be a lot happier if we signed Maddison, Bruno Guimaraes and Onana for a combined 100 than him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Inter’s summer has been insane. They were set up with the best manager in the league, with a well balanced team that could probably go on to retain the title under Conte with Juventus in an awkward phase, only for them to sell off their best players

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Interesting that Romano is at odds with the English press on this.

Sparky Rhiwabon

All I can say is I hope we’re bloody confident of getting Haaland next summer, passing up on all these available strikers. We can’t keep relying on a succession of stopgaps.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Interesting that Romano is at odds with the English press on this.
I just don't think it makes sense that they will sell both of their strikers. I know it's apparently a fire sale there but he's not on huge wages so it's not a huge burden in keeping him. Romano is based in Milan, I'm sure he's got better understanding of what is actually going on rather than the English journalists who are being fed shite by Spurs in an attempt to mask over the shit show they've had this summer.

Crimson King

I just don't think it makes sense that they will sell both of their strikers. I know it's apparently a fire sale there but he's not on huge wages so it's not a huge burden in keeping him. Romano is based in Milan, I'm sure he's got better understanding of what is actually going on rather than the English journalists who are being fed shite by Spurs in an attempt to mask over the shit show they've had this summer.
Agreed, and I also can't see Martinez wanting to join Spurs or Arsenal at this moment in time.