League Cup 2019/20 | Semi finals: Man Utd v Man City, Leicester City v Aston Villa

AshRK

Did Liverpool really have to take the likes of Lallana and Shaqiri with them? Couldn't they have played tonight?
That was the point I also tried to bring up earlier. It's not like they need a full strength team to beat Monterrey. Could have used some experience here. But maybe he just doesn't give a crap about this competition.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
fecking Scouse bastards. fecking typical. The ill-luck their kids are getting tonight wouldn’t happen in five years with their first team with the fortune they’ve enjoyed over the last while.

Wankers.
:lol: You can't claim luck is always in our favor any more. :p

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think you're required to name a 23 man squad for the FIFA World Club Cup thing.
Could have taken some of the youth players involved tonight instead to bulk the squad out? It's not like they'd play anyway

tomaldinho1

I gotta say I'm impressed with the balls on Klopp to come with a starting lineup AND bench with virtually no experience. Watch them win and us lose even though we ll probably still have some of the big guns out tomorrow.
He's doing exactly the right thing. Carabao is the most pointless of trophies and I'd rather the league scrapped it, or turned it into a cup with age restrictions like the Olympics where you can only have a handful of senior players.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's doing exactly the right thing. Carabao is the most pointless of trophies and I'd rather the league scrapped it, or turned it into a cup with age restrictions like the Olympics where you can only have a handful of senior players.
I rank CWC lower than the Carabao Cup. They beat Arsenal and in order to win the cup they have to beat Villa and then 2 of United/City/Everton/Leicester. Much tougher than Monterrey and Flamengo.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That would utterly kill the competition (it's almost dead already). Sponsors would totally lose interest.

Teams can play their youth sides if they want anyway so why make it mandatory?

If we're talking about pointless trophies, the nonsense pot that Liverpool are about to win in Qatar should be scrapped.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I rank CWC lower than the Carabao Cup. They beat Arsenal and in order to win the cup they have to beat Villa and then 2 of United/City/Everton/Leicester. Much tougher than Monterrey and Flamengo.
Technically we had to win the Champions League just to qualify for the CWC.

SirAF

Ageist
I think the League Cup is good competition, but I’d 100% rather win the CWC.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Who's that kid playing on the right-wing for Liverpool? Looks a quality player for his age.

el3mel

Both League cup and CWC are minor trophies, just the super cups too, but winning the CWC has more glory to it than winning a league cup anyway, or at least it looks like that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Technically we had to win the Champions League just to qualify for the CWC.
Nah, CWC is the the downside for winning the CL due to UEFA's greed with money. It's nothing more than fulfilling a sponsorship agreement masked as a trophy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Both League cup and CWC are minor trophies, just the super cups too, but winning the CWC has more glory to it than winning a league cup anyway, or at least it looks like that.
We could win the League Cup every year, theoretically. Just for that, it’s worth it to focus on the CWC which unfortunately only comes around once in a while.

el3mel

We could win the League Cup every year, theoretically. Just for that, it’s worth it to focus on the CWC which unfortunately only comes around once in a while.
That's the point. I consider both UEFA Super Cup and CWC as a a prize for the CL winners to get a chance to add more continental trophies to their name without playing many games.

AshRK

Feel for the Boyes lad and most of them, their career could be over before it's even started.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Still don't get it why klopp didn't leave at least 5 1st team backup players at home. It's not like every player who traveled is gonna play in the cwc and they can easily travel back for the final

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
This'll look weird in the history books if it ends up being a hammering.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looked at the first few posts and presumed Liverpool were winning!
But 3-0 down, basically to Villa's youth team.

Thank goodness for that, I wondered if Villa might pay for that sh!Te lineup

90 + 5min

No style of play. Against a argubly worse team. Should be dominating this game. Klopp out.

Oh... Thats right. It is not team names that play. Cicrumstances and other things counts aswell unless your name is Solskjaer.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Still don't get it why klopp didn't leave at least 5 1st team backup players at home. It's not like every player who traveled is gonna play in the cwc and they can easily travel back for the final
After his first season he's mostly written this off I think or heavily rotated. Definitely has in the first couple of seasons. We did reach the final in 15/16 and then the semi-final in 16/17.