League Cup 2019/20 | Semi finals: Man Utd v Man City, Leicester City v Aston Villa

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
In Jan we have Everton in the cup plus a 4th Rd tie if we win that. Also 4 tough PL games against Utd, Spurs, Wolves and Sheffield Utd. We may also have the rearranged game against West Ham. Not having two additional LC games can only help our PL campaign.
Nahh. Not having that. I would still have preferred to win this. :)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was looking forward to knocking a few past Liverpool which we have done but can't get into this at all, just feels very artificial.

Liverpool kids did well for first 20 minutes but inevitably lost a bit of belief when we start scoring. They've still kept going though.

Will certainly look a very odd scoreline in the books when people forget how we got to this point in ten years time.

Cpt Negative

The media love in for Liverpool is something else this year.

Get slapped 5-0 and somehow are the moral victors in all of this. I don’t remember the same love in when we had to play 2 games in two days.

At very least Klopp should have been there tonight

always_hoping

Watched that game tonight on Bein sports. Not sure who was on the commentary but he was ridiculously biased about Liverpool and how well their U23 team played. Well hello it was a 5-0 defeat against Villa's B team and they took the foot off the pedal 2nd half as the game was won by half time.

AshRK

C’mon when you have 11 youngsters against men this usually happens. We lost to Astana doing the exact same thing.
Against astana some.of our youngsters who are rated highly did do well. These guys looked out of sorts.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Watched that game tonight on Bein sports. Not sure who was on the commentary but he was ridiculously biased about Liverpool and how well their U23 team played. Well hello it was a 5-0 defeat against Villa's B team and they took the foot off the pedal 2nd half as the game was won by half time.
Thought it was just me. He said this liverpool team deserved at least 3 goals :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Big teams actually do take winning trophies seriously. Look at the previous winners of this competition. City , City, United, City, Chelsea, City. Big dominant teams try to win everything and not make an excuse.
Fergie played the kids in this comp.
Didn't give a shite did he.

Now we'd love it.

friedeggden

Supports
Liverpool
You can certainly tell you lot have been suffering this season, our U-23's lose and you'd think we had lost the league with the excitement on here...

Watched the whole match, terrible game, wish I hadn't. Fair play to villa, that was their cup final.

McGrathsipan

I am more in the mindset that I want to win everything. Although Klopp might be thinking like you.
Mourinho and Pep normally really goes for the cups strongly, but most other managers don't seem to care about it that much. Half the teams don't think they can win it so they don't care.
Others lack depth and just ignore it like cowards because they will get too many games.
Well look if your in the mix for the league and CL this gets dropped. Its just obvious that is the way it would go.

AshRK

Fergie played the kids in this comp.
Didn't give a shite did he.

Now we'd love it.
Fergie did win the league cup in 2006 and 2009, 2010 when were were top dogs. And we always took FA cup seriously so will not say he did not give a shit.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Fergie did won the league cup in 2006 and 2009, 2010 when were were top dogs. And we always took FA cup seriously so will not say he did not give a shit.
I'm not talking about the FA cup.

He played the kids more often than not in the league cup. Thats not a debate.

AshRK

I'm not talking about the FA cup.

He played the kids more often than not in the league cup. Thats not a debate.
But he also took it seriously more often than not. He was obsessed with winning trophies and one cannot deny that. He openly said winning the 2006 league cup gave them a great belief to win more. Klopp so far has totally devalued both the cup competitions.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
But he also took it seriously more often than not. He was obsessed with winning trophies and one cannot deny that. He openly said winning the 2006 league cup gave them a great belief to win more. Klopp so far has totally devalued both the cup competitions.
Who cares? No one would give him credit for winning the Carling Cup.

AshRK

Who cares? No one would give him credit for winning the Carling Cup.
You did not bother to read the conversation. I didn't say winning the league cup would make him a even better manager, but it is strange how little he values the domestic competition is strange.

Ban

So according to Skysports they were impressive even though they conceded 5 goals.

Rafaeldagold

Liverpool are the only team in English football who can get spanked 5-0 & still get mercilessly wan##d off by the media.

It’s impressive

tomaldinho1

That would utterly kill the competition (it's almost dead already). Sponsors would totally lose interest.

Teams can play their youth sides if they want anyway so why make it mandatory?

If we're talking about pointless trophies, the nonsense pot that Liverpool are about to win in Qatar should be scrapped.
Yh I agree both are pointless and clearly both there purely for money making purposes - I guess I'm speaking from the perspective of the Premier League in that it's just unnecessary games and also dilutes the importance of the FA cup.

PL, FA and Comm shield (which is only a one off game rather than a full competition so is fine and no one takes it too seriously) should be the domestic trophies.
CL, EL and Supercup should be the continental ones.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
Media love in is something else. Now I'm reading Klopp sent them an inspirational message at HT and that's why they conceded only one goal in the 2nd half.
You should probably stop reading such crap sources then! Are you sure you weren't just looking for the craziest thing said online or by a random fan in a call-in show so that you can then ascribe that opinion to "The Media"?

Ban

You should probably stop reading such crap sources then! Are you sure you weren't just looking for the craziest thing said online or by a random fan in a call-in show so that you can then ascribe that opinion to "The Media"?
So Skysports isn't media?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So Skysports isn't media?
I doubt there are actual media saying that the HT message is the reason we only conceded one more goal. If so, they're not worth paying attention too, including Sky.

Most of the reviews I've read are quite honest - most of our youngsters did indeed impress (but were easily overpowered by Villa).

Ban

I doubt there are actual media saying that the HT message is the reason we only conceded one more goal. If so, they're not worth paying attention too, including Sky.

Most of the reviews I've read are quite honest - most of our youngsters did indeed impress (but were easily overpowered by Villa).
That was regarding my previous post before the one about the message.