League Cup 2019/20 | Semi finals: Man Utd v Man City, Leicester City v Aston Villa

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Why's there no televised game tonight? just rubbish from Sky. Keep pushing up our subscription fees though eh you dicks.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Always did in the League Cup at least, to be fair, apart from the finals / semis that is. :D
You usually see 1-2 youngster from Pep in the lineup in those first two league games
I am slightly biased against Silva though who I think is a shite Manager. :p
Fair enough, he's not proven much has he. The squad is too big. It's not like their bench are players that are starting every match, he's playing what he considers his best team for this match. He really needs some wins.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Goal back for Saints. Angelino down injured now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You usually see 1-2 youngster from Pep in the lineup in those first two league games

Fair enough, he's not proven much has he. The squad is too big. It's not like their bench are players that are starting every match, he's playing what he considers his best team for this match. He really needs some wins.
This really. I'd love us to pop some youngsters in too but we are in a spot where we just need a win at any opportunity to try and give us confidence. The West Ham game did that and we were fine in the Brighton game until the VAR nonsense which led to the PTSD of previous weeks to haunt us. Getting a win tonight was vital. If he lost again he'd be on the thinnest piece of string.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Prediction: We will win this or get to the final.

If we win it we will get relegated.

Paul_Scholes18

Terrible team from Liverpool. They really do not go for the cups. They still have a bit loser mentality even if they won the CL.

Member 90887

Terrible team from Liverpool. They really do not go for the cups. They still have a bit loser mentality even if they won the CL.
Terrible Bench as well.

They tried going for it the first few years under Klopp though.

He probably wants out of the cup to focus on the league. Win win for him, if Liverpool win, he'll get lauded for playing the kids, if they don't, nobody will care after one week as they played the kids + he'll be able to focus on the league in January.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
On paper, Arsenal should beat that Liverpool...would be hilarious and typical of them if they don't

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Do you think he should be playing VVD, TAA, Salah, Mane, Firmino etc?

This is the least important competition of the 4 regular ones. It would be madness to risk our top players in the early rounds of this and if one got injured he would be slaughtered.

matsdf

Why does this cup still exist? This is incredibly annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Think that Pool team can still beat Arsenal, defence is a bit poor but Arsenal's defence is also terrible. Pool midfield is better as well. Brewster and Elliot both big talents but probably a bit out their depth v a decent prem side.

Wolves's lineup is terrible. No idea why they don't take this seriously, they won't make Europe this season and they won't get relegated.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

This is the least important competition of the 4 regular ones. It would be madness to risk our top players in the early rounds of this and if one got injured he would be slaughtered.
Exactly, they're not trying to win the quadruple, why should they care about this competition ? Klopp is doing the sensible thing and really want to bring a league title to the club after winning the CL.

Paul_Scholes18

Maybe play 1 or 2 of them or at least have them on the bench. I guess you do not have the deepest squad though. Klopp used to rotate his squad more, but this and last season he plays the attackers in every game.
I understand that he wants to win the league, but should go with a stronger side than this against Arsenal.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I've seen our youngsters results over the last few years. We're getting beat. :D

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe play 1 or 2 of them or at least have them on the bench. I guess you do not have the deepest squad though. Klopp used to rotate his squad more, but this and last season he plays the attackers in every game.
Yeah there is a big drop off from our first choice to squad players. So when he gets a chance to rest first teamers I’m happy he does that. We also had quite a lot of players who played in the WC last summer then the Copa America or AFCON this summer. It’s been a fairly relentless schedule for those players.

I wish the LC and FAC meant as much today as they did 20 or 30 years ago but they just don’t. Money in the PL and CL has demoted them to second class comps. We won this 4 years on the trot in the early 80s - I think it’s the only time any team in England has won the same comp 4 times running. Great times but it’s a different game today.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wolves's lineup is terrible. No idea why they don't take this seriously, they won't make Europe this season and they won't get relegated.
They've been playing EL since July and have had games non-stop since the league started. Can't really fault them for not taking it seriously this year.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I can understand Liverpool or City playing b teams in league cup. But Arsenal? Why? It is your only chance to win something. Same goes for us and other clubs

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
AFTV tonight if it stays like this...

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
They've been playing EL since July and have had games non-stop since the league started. Can't really fault them for not taking it seriously this year.
Should rest in the league though, their league games are basically meaningless for the rest of the season. Won't happen as theres more money in the league but as a fan that's what I would rather.