League Cup Quarter Finals 21st - 22nd December 2021

TheRedHearted

is that what happens when you build a title winning/challenging, champions league winning side.

figured they would be better off out of this cup but what do i know

Patchbeard

The lady reporting on it on SSN :wenger: so bad at explaining what was actually happening.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Kelleher was a yard off his line before Bertrand struck his penalty and neither Madley nor his linesman - both standing merely yards away - called it.

Despicable carry-on but not unsurprising when it comes to the Vermin at Anfield.

United Hobbit

I dislike every team left, obviously I least want Liverpool to win but none of them are likable

always_hoping

Win on a sudden death penalty shootout and scored in the 5th minute of injury time to bring about a shootout. Even with a patched up team Liverpool remain very lucky.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Arteta is winning it anyways and getting a 5 year contract afterwards :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Win on a sudden death penalty shootout and scored in the 5th minute of injury time to bring about a shootout. Even with a patched up team Liverpool remain very lucky.
Quality + winners mentality = making your own luck

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Kelleher was a yard off his line before Bertrand struck his penalty and neither Madley nor his linesman - both standing merely yards away - called it.

Despicable carry-on but not unsurprising when it comes to the Vermin at Anfield.
Firminho’s stutter penalty should’ve been retaken too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Did you see Leicester's antics in the second half? Got what they deserved.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Did you see Leicester's antics in the second half? Got what they deserved.
Leicester were dire in the second half and arguably got what they deserved in the end. However, you could also argue they should have had four or five in the first half so swings and roundabouts, I guess.

I don’t think they were particularly dirty or showing gamesmanship to be honest, though. I thought Liverpool were their usual cynical selves, however. Tactical fouling and throwing themselves on the floor with the merest of touches (Morton in the first half when Vardy was bearing down on goal, for example).

always_hoping

Quality + winners mentality = making your own luck
Full strength Liverpool sides perhaps however tonight was more about the luck to who they were playing, an ex manager Brendan Rodgers whom chose to sit on 2-3 lead instead of closing the match out against a patched up Liverpool team.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Leicester were dire in the second half and arguably got what they deserved in the end. However, you could also argue they should have had four or five in the first half so swings and roundabouts, I guess.

I don’t think they were particularly dirty or showing gamesmanship to be honest, though. I thought Liverpool were their usual cynical selves, however. Tactical fouling and throwing themselves on the floor with the merest of touches (Morton in the first half when Vardy was bearing down on goal, for example).
We both know you can be just a tiny bit biased against Liverpool though...if we're being completely honest. Leicester's time wasting in the second half was ridiculous. Players rolling around on the floor left right and centre.

The game was there for them and they melted in the second half. City will put 4 or 5 in against them on the weekend.

choccy77

Arsenal v Liverpool
Chelsea v Tottenham

The first legs will be the week of 3 January with the second legs a week later.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal v Liverpool
Chelsea v Tottenham

The first legs will be the week of 3 January with the second legs a week later.
No Salah or Mane in either of those for us but I expect Klopp would've rotated anyway. Arteta will likely go full strength.